Senator Mark Pryor (D): Buffet Rule is a Political Ploy

GOP opposition to closing the Buffett loophole is a good thing to keep in mind when you hear them try to claim that by cutting taxes AND CLOSING LOOPHOLES they're going to get more revenue.

They can't even agree to close one loophole.

It is not a loop hole, it is class warfare because of wealth envy.

If you can not treat everyone equally

GO FUCK YOURSELF...............

Fine, then every deduction for children goes. See how all you rightwing moms and dads like that.

GOP opposition to closing the Buffett loophole is a good thing to keep in mind when you hear them try to claim that by cutting taxes AND CLOSING LOOPHOLES they're going to get more revenue.

Fine, then every deduction for children goes. See how all you rightwing moms and dads like that.

LOL So now you want to burden the middle class.

Wealth envy no matter how you pronounce it.

What is the loophole again, be very specific....i'll wait :lmao:

The peculiarities in the tax code that allow certain multi-millionaires to pay as low a rate as someone making a fraction of that.

It was your idea to treat everyone equally. Fine, the guy who makes the same as I do, but he has thousands in deductions because of his kids,

he can be treated EQUALLY and pay the same rate I do.

No need for the tantrum. We're all adults here. Show a little class, and self control.

It was your idea to treat everyone equally. Fine, the guy who makes the same as I do, but he has thousands in deductions because of his kids,

Which I have no issue with.

I was just laughing because you immediately had to make someone else pay.

The theme behind your ideology.

You in essence said, if I dont get my way I am fucking you.

What a low life position.

What is the loophole again, be very specific....i'll wait :lmao:

The peculiarities in the tax code that allow certain multi-millionaires to pay as low a rate as someone making a fraction of that.

Actually it doesn't. Multi-millionaires pay a higher tax rate on their employment income than those making 5 figure incomes. http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i1040tt.pdf

Multi-millionaires, the middle class, and the poor (if they had any investments) all pay the same exact capital gains tax rate.

You are not being honest about the buffet rule.

You also haven't described any "loophole"

:lol: you have to explain the chocolate teapot thing to me.

It's a dodge they use (calling Pryor one) when they can't explain why they can't govern even when they have a supermajority.

There's no such thing as a super majority as long as individual Senators can vote any way they please.

Why is that so hard for people like you to understand?

I heard there was a blow out sale on strawmen around here.

:lol: you have to explain the chocolate teapot thing to me.

It's a dodge they use (calling Pryor one) when they can't explain why they can't govern even when they have a supermajority.

There's no such thing as a super majority as long as individual Senators can vote any way they please.

Actually Obamacare was passed with a "supermajority" of democrats all voting yes with the republicans all voting no. That is the very essence of a "supermajority" a majority so large you do not need a single opposition party vote to pass anything you want.

You misunderstand what a supermajority is Supermajority - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Actually Obamacare was passed with a "supermajority" of democrats all voting yes with the republicans all voting no. That is the very essence of a "supermajority" a majority so large you do not need a single opposition party vote to pass anything you want.

You misunderstand what a supermajority is Supermajority - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

The healthcare bill only need 50 votes to pass the Senate.

This is what ruins this board. People who are clueless on the facts but blithely post ignorance anyway as if they know exactly what they are talking about.

Again, UNLESS YOU CAN FORCE SENATORS TO VOTE ALONG PARTY LINES THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A SUPERMAJORITY.

Did he not say to treat everyone equally? What's the strawman? Be specific.

You misunderstand what a supermajority is Supermajority - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary[/QUOTE]

he never brought up deductions for children or anyone else. You replaced the discussion we were having about the buffet rule with a similar but unequivelant discussoin about deductions for children.

I could even call it a straw man stuffed with red herring if I want to since the information you brought up is intentionally misleading in an effort to distract from the actual topic of the Buffet rule being political theater bull crap.

You still have failed to provide the specific loopholes you said this was about, yet I was specific for you. Hmmmmmmmmmm

Last edited:

This is what ruins this board. People who are clueless on the facts but blithely post ignorance anyway as if they know exactly what they are talking about.

Again, UNLESS YOU CAN FORCE SENATORS TO VOTE ALONG PARTY LINES THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A SUPERMAJORITY.

The senate is not the house of representatives.

Nice glass house :lol:

The senate is not the house of representatives.

Nice glass house :lol:

You don't need a supermajority in the House to pass a bill.

he never brought up deductions for children or anyone else. You replaced the discussion we were having about the buffet rule with a similar but unequivelant discussoin about deductions for children.

I could even call it a straw man stuffed with red herring if I want to since the information you brought up is intentionally misleading in an effort to distract from the actual topic of the Buffet rule being political theater bull crap.

You still have failed to provide the specific loopholes you said this was about, yet I was specific for you. Hmmmmmmmmmm

Ok so you don't know what a strawman is, or what a loophole is.

Would you like to go for the hat trick and tell us the difference between shit and shinola?

Last edited:
Senator Pryor said:
“There is no disputing that the wealthy should pay their fair share in taxes. This inequity should be fixed as part of broad tax reform, not as a political ploy meant to score points. A serious, bipartisan effort to reform the tax code could pass Congress and be signed into law, ensuring that employees no longer write larger checks to Uncle Sam than their CEOs,”

Sen. Mark Pryor Opposes Obama Buffett Rule Proposal

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

He actually called it what it is "A political ploy meant to score points."

He also seems to agree with what I have said http://www.usmessageboard.com/econo...fix-our-national-debt-or-budget-defecits.html

So were the cuts to Planned Parenthood. What did those cuts solve? The Buffett rule would mean everyone is sacraficing something, not just the poor and middle class. You right wing house slaves.

You mean the lower class will start paying federal income tax ?

I'd better go back and re-read it....missed that part.

Ok so you don't know what a strawman is, or what a loophole is.

Would you like to go for the hat trick and tell us the difference between shit and shinola?

One is your posts from Monday.

The other is your posts from Tuesday ?

I say go for it.

Maybe some of the "poor" will actually have a federal tax liability at that point.

I am all for that.

Buffet Rule...

That have something to do with sneeze guards? Or maybe it limits the number of times you can go through the line...?

Forum List

Back