Senator Mark Pryor (D): Buffet Rule is a Political Ploy

PLYMCO_PILGRIM

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2009
America's Home Town
Senator Pryor said:
“There is no disputing that the wealthy should pay their fair share in taxes. This inequity should be fixed as part of broad tax reform, not as a political ploy meant to score points. A serious, bipartisan effort to reform the tax code could pass Congress and be signed into law, ensuring that employees no longer write larger checks to Uncle Sam than their CEOs,”

Sen. Mark Pryor Opposes Obama Buffett Rule Proposal

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

He actually called it what it is "A political ploy meant to score points."

He also seems to agree with what I have said http://www.usmessageboard.com/econo...fix-our-national-debt-or-budget-defecits.html

When cons claim that the Democrats had a majority, remember Pryor. He's as useful as a chocolate teapot.

Senator Pryor said:
“There is no disputing that the wealthy should pay their fair share in taxes. This inequity should be fixed as part of broad tax reform, not as a political ploy meant to score points. A serious, bipartisan effort to reform the tax code could pass Congress and be signed into law, ensuring that employees no longer write larger checks to Uncle Sam than their CEOs,”

He also seems to agree with what I have said http://www.usmessageboard.com/econo...fix-our-national-debt-or-budget-defecits.html

First time in I can't remember how long that I'm in agreement with something a Democrat politician said

Senator Pryor said:

First time in I can't remember how long that I'm in agreement with something a Democrat politician said

They aren't always wrong man....sometimes politicians in both parties actually use common sense, its rare but it happens :lol:

Senator Pryor said:

This is a very good point.

We cant even get democrats to show up to their own meetings on the budget.

Only the most niave and financially unintelligent needed Pryor to point out it was a ploy.

Only the most niave and financially unintelligent needed Pryor to point out it was a ploy.

and thats what really has sand all up in my panties :lol:

People actually believe the dishonest way this whole Buffet Rule business was presented.

well...in their defense...

many of them thought they were wrong about thinking there were only 50 states.

To this day, many believe that a police officer asking to see ID of a man who climbed through the window of a house, was acting stupidly.

and thats what really has sand all up in my panties :lol:

People actually believe the dishonest way this whole Buffet Rule business was presented.

well...in their defense...

many of them thought they were wrong about thinking there were only 50 states.

To this day, many believe that a police officer asking to see ID of a man who climbed through the window of a house, was acting stupidly.

True, not to mention the constitution being a charter of "negative liberties" :doubt:

GOP opposition to closing the Buffett loophole is a good thing to keep in mind when you hear them try to claim that by cutting taxes AND CLOSING LOOPHOLES they're going to get more revenue.

They can't even agree to close one loophole.

Senator Pryor said:

So were the cuts to Planned Parenthood. What did those cuts solve? The Buffett rule would mean everyone is sacraficing something, not just the poor and middle class. You right wing house slaves.

GOP opposition to closing the Buffett loophole is a good thing to keep in mind when you hear them try to claim that by cutting taxes AND CLOSING LOOPHOLES they're going to get more revenue.

uh...genius.....a tax rate is not a loophole.

The Buffett rule is a debate about increasing a tax rate on investment income....not eliminating a loophole.

uh...genius.....a tax rate is not a loophole.

The Buffett rule is a debate about increasing a tax rate on investment income....not eliminating a loophole.

Shhhhh NY Carbinated thinks he's the smartest guy in the room.

Don't burst his bubble.

Sure hope he has a boatload of investment income. Think he'll sing a different tune if that gets raided by the tax collectors. LOL

Senator Pryor said:

So were the cuts to Planned Parenthood. What did those cuts solve? The Buffett rule would mean everyone is sacraficing something, not just the poor and middle class. You right wing house slaves.

:lol: people above my 5 figure income tax bracket pay 98% of all taxes paid to the federal govt.....I'm no house slave :lol:

It is not a loop hole, it is class warfare because of wealth envy.

If you can not treat everyone equally

GO FUCK YOURSELF...............

Forum List

Back