Senator Lindsey Graham's angry white guys

The GOP has reason to be scared. Obama’s election was the vindication of a prediction made several years before by journalist John Judis and political scientist Ruy Teixeira in their 2002 book, The Emerging Democratic Majority. Despite the fact that George W. Bush then occupied the White House, Judis and Teixeira argued that demographic and political trends were converging in such a way as to form a *natural-majority coalition for Democrats.

The Republican Party had increasingly found itself confined to white voters, especially those lacking a college degree and rural whites who, as Obama awkwardly put it in 2008, tend to “cling to guns or religion.” Meanwhile, the Democrats had *increased their standing among whites with graduate degrees, particularly the growing share of secular whites, and remained dominant among racial minorities.

Why 2012 Is the Republicans Last Chance -- New York Magazine

Republicans have only won the popular presidential vote one time in the last 20 years.....2004.

So the only way Republicans can win is for the Supreme Court to change the rules on campaign contributions, allowing billionaire donors to give hundreds of millions of dollars to Romney's campaign, and then have the states illegally block people's right to vote.

“The demographics race we’re losing badly. We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

- Republican Senator Lindsey Graham

Lindsey should troll this board.

Republicans have only won the popular presidential vote one time in the last 20 years.....2004.

So the only way Republicans can win is for the Supreme Court to change the rules on campaign contributions, allowing billionaire donors to give hundreds of millions of dollars to Romney's campaign, and then have the states illegally block people's right to vote.

Thats the way the Founders intended it to be :eusa_shifty:

They simply don't have the replenishment birthrate which is also the issue in some countries in Europe. Add to that the fact that they also have to be groomed to be angry by Fox TV/am radio and there is even less to draw from. That the garden variety USMB con doesn't realize this isn't surprising.

The angriest man was Arthur Davis who isn't white.

The convention proved on thing, the republicans have more minorities and women in positions of power than democrats do. Democrats are the party of the old and can't get a minority into substantive office. The ones they have managed to shoehorn in like Jesse Jackson Jr., spend more time in rehab than in their office.

“The demographics race we’re losing badly. We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

Hey Chris,

Good you take some time off from your non-stop masturbation to post.

I hope you haven't gone blind yet !

Graham never said that.

But don't let the facts stop you.

Liar.

As Republican convention emphasizes diversity, racial incidents intrude - The Washington Post

The tensions come amid a debate within the GOP on how best to lure new voters. The nation’s shifting demographics have caused some Republican leaders to worry not only about the party’s future but about winning in November, particularly in key swing states such as Virginia and Nevada.

“The demographics race we’re losing badly,” said Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (S.C.). “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

Graham just gave away the Republicans game.

I am surprised he had the balls to admit it.

Graham is a RINO who's head will be on the chopping block the next time he comes up for reelection.

So Obama is generating more angry black women, like his wife to support him, but just aren't saying it publicly? .... :eusa_whistle:

Graham: GOP ‘not going to be the party of angry white guys’ – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Graham did say this:

But Graham stressed a mantra he's repeated many times since his friend John McCain lost the presidential election last November - that the GOP must reach out to different constituencies, or face extinction.

"I'm not going to leave the Republican Party," Graham said when one questioned asked him why he hasn't yet joined the Democrats. "I'm going to grow it. We're not going to be the party of angry white guys."

His comments were met with a salvo of boos and shouts of "Ron Paul!"

"I love this party," he responded. "I'm not going to be let it be hijacked by Ron Paul."

Seems Lindsay is fixated on white guys. Uh Oh.

Graham: GOP ‘not going to be the party of angry white guys’ – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Graham did say this:

But Graham stressed a mantra he's repeated many times since his friend John McCain lost the presidential election last November - that the GOP must reach out to different constituencies, or face extinction.

"I'm not going to leave the Republican Party," Graham said when one questioned asked him why he hasn't yet joined the Democrats. "I'm going to grow it. We're not going to be the party of angry white guys."

"I love this party," he responded. "I'm not going to be let it be hijacked by Ron Paul."

That's what he said 1054 days ago. Did you even bother to read the date on your article?

Here's what he told the Washington Post this week:

As Republican convention emphasizes diversity, racial incidents intrude - The Washington Post

“The demographics race we’re losing badly,” said Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (S.C.). “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

Mitt seems to be making some angry white guys.

582658_424768357561062_1356343283_n.jpg

Graham did say this:

That's what he said 1054 days ago. Did you even bother to read the date on your article?

Here's what he told the Washington Post this week:

I did bother to read the date on the article.

Isn't it interesting how Graham has potentially shifted.

Forum List

Back