Senator Kerry's "Purple Band-Aid"

Just to show everyone im skeptical of all things i have to question how accurate this is.

Originally posted by Avatar4321
Just to show everyone im skeptical of all things i have to question how accurate this is.

I am looking for the source,but this is not the first time I have seen reference to the factthat the god Senators PH's while being a technical qualification, are nothing to brag about. The 4 month span he got all his chest hardware seems a little suspicious to me.I do not think even Audie Murphy moved quite that fast....

I think anyone who receives injuries during a war should be applauded for taking one for their country. Regardless of the circumstances. I do not, however, think that people should be awarded a medal for inconsequential injuries...the problem is, what's inconsequential to me probably isn't to someone else.

Keep in mind that this is the same country where you can sue and get millions because you put coffee between your legs! Of course a purple heart is pro forma when an injury happens!

And the difference between Audie Murphy and Kerry is that Kerry was looking for a way out. Lots of people, liberal or conservative, wanted to get to safer quarters. At least he didn't fly the coop to Canada.

I give credit to anyone who served, anywhere and in any capacity. I do not, however, think that those who went to Canada should have been given amnesty. If they love this country so little, let them live without it forever.

I could care less about KErry's medals. As far as im concerned he served his country and we could have left it at that if it wasnt for the fact that he insists on shoving it in our face that hes a war hero for every question on policies he is asked.

The issue is not how he received the medals, or how many he got or whether he threw them away in protest. The fact that he decided himself to run as a war hero as his major campaign issue is what brought this scrutiny on. If he had made it a background thing and had actual ideas on policies, then it would be just that and i would call Republicans on going after him for it. He brought this on himself though.

The wound was covered with a band-aid?

Boo-f***in-hoo!

Look, I'm not trying to disparage (sp?) his service. But if you're getting wounded from shrapnel from a mortar round that you fired, you should be given the Dumbshit Award, not a Purple Heart!

In my experience, there were always soldiers who were looking to sham out of duties. Some were always "on profile" (sick), some just took forever to do their jobs. I have a feeling that Kerry might have been one of those types - especially given his hatred of the war after his return.

Hundreds of former commanders and military colleagues of John Kerry have declared in a signed letter that he is "unfit to be commander-in-chief."

"We have 19 of 23 officers who served with [Kerry]. We have every commanding officer he ever had in Vietnam. They all signed a letter that says he is unfit to be commander-in-chief," O'Neill said.

Personally, when the majority of officers that served with Senator
Kerry and all of his commanding officers come out to say that he is
unfit to be the commander-in-chief, I think people should take note and listen. For anybody that thinks this is just another partisan attack check out this next paragraph:

"The ranks of the people signing [the letter] range from admiral
down to seaman, and they run across the entire spectrum of politics, specialties, and political feelings about the Vietnam War," he added.

Like I have said many times, the more I learn about John Kerry the less I want him to get within a hundred yards of the White House and with stories like this hopefully most of America will come to the same conclusion.

i was in the army airborne out of fort bragg and there was one time i bruised my knee so bad i could barely walk and my platoon sergeant wanted me to take a couple of days off by going to the troop medical clinic,my reply....NO WAY!i had far more pride than that and no way was i going to let down my brothers (in service).
there is no way i would ever leave my brothers in the field of battle if i could still fight by their side.john kerry seems to me to be a coward and someone who only cares about himself.personally i would want people to vote for me because of my ideas,my passion,and my firm stance on the issues.i believe john kerry has no ideas,flip flops on every issue,and the only thing he is passionate about is being president.

give me 1 great thing john kerry did as a senator (note:not being bush does not count)

Originally posted by Palestinian Jew
So this doctor remembers one of the thousands of kids he treated 30 years ago?

Hey may recall the name due to the crews reaction ... (in the article) and it called to mind the incident in question. Do you yourself not recall some trivial bit of info from many years ago for no particular reason?

Originally posted by jcon96
Hey may recall the name due to the crews reaction ... (in the article) and it called to mind the incident in question. Do you yourself not recall some trivial bit of info from many years ago for no particular reason?

He also probably remember because he could not believe somebody was actually in front of him for such a trivial wound.

Why does that raise a question, but everyone who came into contact with George W. Bush 30 years ago is expected to remember when and where they were and exactly what they were doing?

Why does that raise a question, but everyone who came into contact with George W. Bush 30 years ago is expected to remember when and where they were and exactly what they were doing?

That was my criticism of people saying they remember that Bush was/wasn't there. They don't remember! They just want their 15 minutes of fame and this doctor is no less.

You're a doctor who has treated kids who have had there lives totally changed because they've lost body parts, sight, or hearing or even died, are you going to remeber some guy with a bandaid wound? Would you think it a joke that a bunch of kids are calling him the next JFK?

Considering it was because Kerry was bragging about being the next JFK from Mass. i can believe he would remember him.

That was my criticism of people saying they remember that Bush was/wasn't there. They don't remember! They just want their 15 minutes of fame and this doctor is no less.

You're a doctor who has treated kids who have had there lives totally changed because they've lost body parts, sight, or hearing or even died, are you going to remeber some guy with a bandaid wound? Would you think it a joke that a bunch of kids are calling him the next JFK?

If your a doctor who treats an officer and boat commander for a band aid wound who then gets a purple heart for it, I don't doubt that he could remember.

Interesting criticsim of the people who remember Bush. It's another damned if you do, damned if you don't example.
"How come nobody remembers him?"
Well, here are some people who remember him.
"How could anybody possibly remember him? They must be liars!"

Forum List

Back