Senator John Kerry Sails Through Confirmation Hearing: God Bless Him

483135_195110920631579_480219211_n_zps427f9407.jpg

Last edited:
John Kerry, decorated combat veteran who gave aid and comfort to the enemy during time of war which led to the death of other decorated combat veterans.

:clap2:Senator John Kerry Sails Through Confirmation Hearing: God Bless Him:clap2:
'

This highly decorated, combat veteran has done America proud through most all of his life. We need more men and women like him. He even had the usually rabid GOP attack dogs on his side or running silent,

:cool:

John Kerry Tears Up During Smooth Confirmation Hearing - ABC News

First there were near-tears, and then a protester had to be forced out, but Sen. John Kerry took it all in stride.

Kerry choked up at his secretary of state confirmation hearings this morning when discussing his father’s history in the U.S. Foreign Service, and how he was “equally proud” of both that history and his own as part of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.

“If you confirm me, I would take office as secretary proud that the Senate is in my blood, but equally proud that so, too, is the Foreign Service,” the Massachusetts Democrat told the Senate Foreign Relations Committee in Washington, where all the members greeted him warmly.

“My dad’s work under presidents, both Democratic and Republican, took me and my siblings around the world for a personal journey that brought home the sacrifices and commitment the men and women of the Foreign Service make every day on behalf of America.

“I wish everyone in the country could see and understand first-hand the devotion, loyalty and amazingly hard, often dangerous work that our diplomats on the front lines do.”

Republicans praised the Obama nominee today, with ranking member Republican Sen. Bob Corker of Tennessee telling Kerry that he’s “almost lived his entire life for this moment,” adding that he was “thrilled” Kerry was in such a position.

A true American. in principle as well as in the spirit of our founding fathers.

:clap2:

Forum List

Back