Senator Jim DeMint Endorses Rand Paul for Senate

Kevin_Kennedy

Defend Liberty
Aug 27, 2008
For those not watching this race, it really is a doozy. Rand Paul has outclassed his opponent at just about every turn.

Here are a few things that have blown up in Trey Grayson's face:

- Senators who supported the bailouts last year lined up for a fundraiser for Grayson, and Rand Paul supporters responded with a money bomb that not only raised more than Grayson's fundraiser but broke fundraising records in the state of Kentucky.

- Grayson said that Rand Paul is not a real Kentuckian since he wasn't born in Kentucky, and Rand Paul responded with the fact that he's lived in Kentucky longer than Trey Grayson has been a Republican.

- Grayson has another fundraiser this time by recipients of the bailout such as AIG, and Rand Paul supporters once again respond with a successful money bomb.

- Grayson claimed that Rand Paul was cheating on his taxes by hiring his campaign workers as independent contractors, when we later found out that Trey Grayson did the exact same thing during his last campaign for Secretary of State of Kentucky.

- Trey Grayson lies about Rand Paul's position on abortion all across the state of Kentucky, and James Dobson changes his endorsement of Trey Grayson to Rand Paul a week later saying he was misled by senior GOP officials on Rand's position. Rand is pro-life, for the record.

- Grayson claims in a debate that he respects Rand Paul but that there is simply a difference of opinion on the issues, to which Rand Paul responds by dressing Grayson down in front of everyone by calling him out for lying about Rand's positions and essentially tells Grayson to grow up.

- Grayson claims that he is, in fact, not the establishment candidate, and then heavily promotes endorsements from establishment hacks such as Dick Cheney, Rudy Giuliani, and Mitch McConnell.

- 48 hours ago Jim DeMint stated that he would not officially endorse Rand Paul because he didn't want to stick his finger in the minority leader's eye so long as "McConnell kept it fair," because it was well known that McConnell favored Grayson over Paul. 24 hours ago McConnell officially endorses Trey Grayson for Senate. Today DeMint decides to stick his finger in McConnell's eye for not playing fair and officially endorses Rand Paul for Senate.

I had a chance to sit down with Rand last summer and I can tell you that he is one of the brightest, most principled candidates running this year. He is the kind of leader who will stand up to the Washington establishment to fight for our liberty.

Rand has been running on the issues that matter since the beginning of this campaign. He's a strong advocate for balanced budgets, he wants to end the culture of earmarks, he supports term limits, and he's 100% pro-life.

Rand is exactly the kind of leader Americans are looking for right now. He's not a career politician and he's got the guts to stand up to the massive spending, bailouts, and debt that are being forced on us in Washington.

https://senateconservatives.com/randpaul

I would not be proud if Jim DeMint or McConnell endorsed my campaign.

I wouldn't be proud if Dick Cheney or Sarah Palin endorsed my campaign, but it's big news regardless. A DeMint endorsement brings in some big money as well. He's trying to raise $50,000 for Rand and I heard he was going to donate $10,000 himself.

I wouldn't be proud if Dick Cheney or Sarah Palin endorsed my campaign, but it's big news regardless. A DeMint endorsement brings in some big money as well. He's trying to raise $50,000 for Rand and I heard he was going to donate $10,000 himself.

I wouldn't be proud if any four of them endorsed me. Any four of them in a position of power hurts more than helps.

I wouldn't be proud if any four of them endorsed me. Any four of them in a position of power hurts more than helps.

Agreed. But as far as neocons go, DeMint isn't the worst. Can't say the same about the other three.

Well I can vote in the KY senate primary and I am voting for Grayson.

The rest of you can just talk about it ;)

Grayson is your typical phony RINO. He's just another Neocon. The GOP needs real change. It's time to elect a real Conservative. Rand Paul is the right choice. Time for the GOP old-guard to retire. Hey it is your right to vote for the status-quo but i really do hope you'll reconsider. Go Rand! :)

Grayson is your typical phony RINO. He's just another Neocon. The GOP needs real change. It's time to elect a real Conservative. Rand Paul is the right choice. Time for the GOP old-guard to retire. Hey it is your right to vote for the status-quo but i really do hope you'll reconsider. Go Rand! :)

Then why do old-guard cons endorse him?

Grayson has done a pretty good job here, Rand has just talked.

Last edited:

Then why do old-guard cons endorse him?

Grayson has done a pretty good job here, Rand has just talked.

Old-guard cons as opposed to Dick Cheney, Rudy Giuliani, and Mitch McConnell?

I would not be proud if Jim DeMint or McConnell endorsed my campaign.

DeMint endorsed Marlin Stutzman for the Republican Indiana Senate primary. He was the Tea Partiers' candidate...

...oh my, he lost.

Marlin Stutzman, Indiana, 2010 Election, Senate, IN Republican Primary

Watch the banner at the top it's a hit parade of loons.

Rand Paul is leading all other candidates in the polls.

He does not do as well as Grayson in the matchup vs. either of the Dems. Paul is your pick if you want the general election to be close. :lol:

DeMint endorsed Marlin Stutzman for the Republican Indiana Senate primary. He was the Tea Partiers' candidate...

...oh my, he lost.

Marlin Stutzman, Indiana, 2010 Election, Senate, IN Republican Primary

Watch the banner at the top it's a hit parade of loons.

Rand Paul is leading all other candidates in the polls.

He does not do as well as Grayson in the matchup vs. either of the Dems. Paul is your pick if you want the general election to be close. :lol:

Says one poll. Another poll says the opposite.

Forum List

Back