Senator Flake is 100% right that Moore/Trump leads the GOP off the cliff

Flakey knows flakes, that's for sure. As far as the driving them off the cliff nonsense, I have heard that all before, and from the usual suspects (of which flake is a prime member), they were wrong about the election and they are wrong now. They believe their own BS and that way they don't have to fix the problems in their own Party. The Dem Party has been corrupted to its core by the clintonistas. We need to clear their influence out ASAP or we are going to be the ones dropping off the cliff.

You heard it in 2006, and the GOP lost the Senate because of fringe candidates like Sharron Angle and Christine O"Donnell.
This is looking like a repeat of that.

They should bring Christine back - Here she is; Songified

:popcorn:

Jake and Flake only support Progressives

Flake is hardly a regressive. He is the one of the few left of a sadly dying breed of Goldwater conservatives.

You still don't get it. Conservatism (globalism) is dead, long live populism. When K-Street can get laws passed that give tax breaks to move factories overseas, they are done. Trump got votes from middle-class workers who want better jobs, and he had better deliver or the dems will take over and the entitlement system will collapse. The GOP establishment had better get with the program...

Its seems to be breaking down as "globalists" vs "populists". Flake and Obama are globalists, i.e. "those manufacturing jobs are gone, get over it". Trump won because he said he can bring back some of the manufacturing jobs. Currently 70% of the US economy is sales, with most manufacturing being done overseas. Also, corporations have been leaving the US for lower tax countries, Pfiser, et.al. Those are good jobs with good benefits. Voters know which track they want the US to be on, and Trump nailed it with his election promises. If he can bring back enough good jobs with good pay and benefits he will keep winning. If the globalists can block him, middle America is toast.
Trump can't do it, Congress and business won't let him do it.

The political prognostication stuff is a crap shoot at best. For proof see: Elections, 2016.

I do know two things, though:

First, Trump is busy packing lower courts with right wingers and I'm reduced to hoping Ginsburg & Kennedy can remain vertical for a while longer...

And second, the Democrats (especially the Regressives) steadfastly refuse to look in the mirror for their role in why this happened.
You think his selection of judges is poor?

Personally, judge selections are one of the few things I really do not see as a bad thing coming out of Trumps tenure. I don't think that it would be a bad thing if he was able to select another SCOTUS.

The GOP should listen to Jake Starkey....

ooooppps.

Jake is not a Republican....

The GOP should listen to Jake Starkey....

ooooppps.

Jake is not a Republican....
A far better Republican than you :)

You haters are just pitiful, buddy. The manufacturing jobs are not coming back but in trickles, if that.

Sen. Flake says GOP is 'toast' if it follows Trump, Moore

The Senator was caught unawares on an open mike expressing his fears for the GOP, last Friday night at a political event.

He is right.

PHOENIX (AP) — Republican U.S. Sen. Jeff Flake was caught on an open microphone saying that the GOP is "toast" if it follows President Donald Trump and Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore. Flake was talking to the mayor of the Phoenix suburb of Mesa offstage Friday after speaking at a town hall session for aerospace company workers. He apparently didn't know the microphone attached to his lapel was still on when he said , "(If we) become the party of Roy Moore and Donald Trump, we are toast."

I agree. It’s what he ran on really. Running the GOP off the cliff. Looking like it’s working on democrats to. Fuck them all. Let it all burn. Not like anyone in Washington ever got anything done anyway.

I am not a Republican.

I cannot support a party that spent like W did, and has in its platform a suggestion that a foreign country should move its capitol outside of its UN defined border....

I went Libertarian in 2004. I was a Reagan/Gingrich "Republican" before the party went off a cliff in 1998, and has never come back...

The manufacturing jobs are not coming back but in trickles, if that.

That is 100% about COST OF GOVERNMENT.

When Gingrich was Speaker and government spending was 25% of GDP, we were creating manufacturing jobs. Now that government spending is near 50% of GDP thanks to the "Period of American WO," manufacturing is too expensive here.... taxes and legal.

Forum List

Back