Senator Dodd’s Regulation Plan: 14 Fatal Flaws

the heritage foundation is a biased site and has nothing to offer the debate except partisan hackery

I'm interested to know what will happen when they try to regulate.... and the banks say 'fuck you' and take their business outside the US.

And Liberals continually ask, nay...lament that Jobs are going 'offshore'...

I'd be willing to bet you that the same Liberals would be for legislation that would make it illegal for these businesses to go off shore. It would follow the natural 'progression', would it not?

We have a wonderful example with this piece of crap Dodd has laid at our feet. But yet CG? The Liberals remain blind to the folly of those they champion, those they elect...and blame it ON the businesses that are being run OUT of the Country.

-Go Figure-

I'm interested to know what will happen when they try to regulate.... and the banks say 'fuck you' and take their business outside the US.

I'd be willing to bet you that the same Liberals would be for legislation that would make it illegal for these businesses to go off shore. It would follow the natural 'progression', would it not?

We have a wonderful example with this piece of crap Dodd has laid at our feet. But yet CG? The Liberals remain blind to the folly of those they champion, those they elect...and blame it ON the businesses that are being run OUT of the Country.

-Go Figure-

Anyone who thinks that Wall St is gonna roll over for regs is an ass. They'll up stakes and go elsewhere. Millions more honest decent hardworking Americans out of work. And the left will scream, as you say, about jobs going overseas.... and no doubt, they'll blame Bush.

-Go Figure-

Anyone who thinks that Wall St is gonna roll over for regs is an ass. They'll up stakes and go elsewhere. Millions more honest decent hardworking Americans out of work. And the left will scream, as you say, about jobs going overseas.... and no doubt, they'll blame Bush.
They'll up stakes and go elsewhere.

That's some funny shit!

They are going to "move" wall st..to what? overseas?:lol::lol::lol:

the heritage foundation is a biased site and has nothing to offer the debate except partisan hackery

Says the poster whose bible is 'Media Matters'. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Media matters provides video and sound of people saying what they have said.

This Heritage Foundations is a think tank.

One is FACTS the other is OPINION

I know you cant tell the differance but people who are not partisan hacks can

Says the poster whose bible is 'Media Matters'. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Media Matters = fact? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Oh, I can. That's why I think it's amusing that you hold 'media matters' as the fountain of all truths. You make a fool of yourself daily with that crap.

And a 'think tank' is just that.... a bunch of people who analyse information and put forth opinions etc. Opinions are valuable - particularly when they are from people who actually have a clue. Which is where yours often fail.

And you don't suppose that posting quotes and video out of context, which I have seen enough times from Mediamatters to know this is a habit not an accident, isn't tantamount to lying for political gain?

I'll trust the Heritage Foundation that offers solutions and a point of view to the problems of today over that of some hate filled demagoguery machine like mediamatters that serves no purpose than to defame public figures and lie to the public at large.

Anyone else notice lately.... okay all the time... that libs never bother with the issues and these discussions rapidly descend to WHO said what and why it can't be true cause they're rotten stinking lying bastards, and never about the idea itself?

Oh yeah, that's because they're intellectually bankrupt. But at least it's happening more often lately!

:rolleyes:

-Go Figure-

Exactly. Blame the result...NOT the cause...which leads me to belive that many on the left are but two-dimensional and they not delve deeper than what they are told...*THAT* would require more work than they are capable of.

Mitch McConnell has commented several times about how close they are to resolving their differences. The bill is obviously going to pass eventually but it seems like neither party is particularly interested in moving it along. I guess the Democrats just want to keep this thing on the front burner so they can paint the Republicans as obstructionist, protecting Wall Street. I think the Republicans would rather see this in the headlines than the Immigration Reform bill which is likely to draw a lot more voter attention than this bill.

The Senate is expected to take up a proposal, originally authored by Senator Chris Dodd (D–CT), to reform the financial regulatory system in the U.S. The goal is clear: to minimize the chances that another financial crisis—and bailouts—will arise again.

The objective is a good one. Unfortunately, the 1,408-page bill includes numerous provisions that would hurt—not help—consumers and the economy. It would even make another financial crisis or bailout more likely to occur.

Fourteen Flaws

Senator Dodd?s Financial Regulation Plan: 14 Fatal Flaws | The Heritage Foundation

who in great fuck thought christopher doodd should be the one to write the financial reform bill? must have been a libtard huh?

And who in thier right mind would turn to a telecommunications expert to analyze a financial reform bill. You should be a bit more careful whose analysis you rely on.

James Gattuso handles regulatory and telecommunications issues for The Heritage Foundation as a Senior Research Fellow in its Roe Institute for Economic Policy Studies.

The Senate is expected to take up a proposal, originally authored by Senator Chris Dodd (D–CT), to reform the financial regulatory system in the U.S. The goal is clear: to minimize the chances that another financial crisis—and bailouts—will arise again.

The objective is a good one. Unfortunately, the 1,408-page bill includes numerous provisions that would hurt—not help—consumers and the economy. It would even make another financial crisis or bailout more likely to occur.

Fourteen Flaws

Senator Dodd?s Financial Regulation Plan: 14 Fatal Flaws | The Heritage Foundation

who in great fuck thought christopher doodd should be the one to write the financial reform bill? must have been a libtard huh?

And who in thier right mind would turn to a telecommunications expert to analyze a financial reform bill. You should be a bit more careful whose analysis you rely on.

James Gattuso handles regulatory and telecommunications issues for The Heritage Foundation as a Senior Research Fellow in its Roe Institute for Economic Policy Studies.

Who would trust a Chris Dodd bill with the economy? His fingerprints were all over the economy debacle that we are just coming out of. :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back