Senator campaigns for Obama, "I just don't like homosexuals."

teapartysamurai

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2010
It took no time for the National Republican Senatorial Committee (NRSC) to respond to the news that Al Franken was giving up his comedy routine (USO performances of late) and radio hosting to run for the U.S. Senate from Minnesota, drafting what promises to be only the first installment of “Frankly Franken,” an examination of the funnyman’s “record.”

And if you thought former Miami Heat guard Tim Hardaway was outspoken last week when it came to homosexual players on the basketball court — referring to retired NBA center John Amaechi stepping out of the closet — get a load of what Mr. Franken once told the Harvard Crimson:

“It’s not preppies, ‘cause I’m a preppie myself. I just don’t like homosexuals. If you ask me, they’re all homosexuals in the Pudding. Hey, I was glad when that Pudding homosexual got killed in Philadelphia.”
Mr. Franken, a 1973 graduate of Harvard, was referring to Harvard’s Hasty Pudding theatrical club.

Those remarks were made back in 1976 when Mr. Franken, like former Virginia Republican Sen. George Allen and others, was a careless young man blurting insults that he now lives to regret.

Read more: Inside the Beltway - Washington Times

Shall we have the same standards for both Dems and Repubs? Not if liberals have anything to do with it.

It took no time for the National Republican Senatorial Committee (NRSC) to respond to the news that Al Franken was giving up his comedy routine (USO performances of late) and radio hosting to run for the U.S. Senate from Minnesota, drafting what promises to be only the first installment of “Frankly Franken,” an examination of the funnyman’s “record.”

And if you thought former Miami Heat guard Tim Hardaway was outspoken last week when it came to homosexual players on the basketball court — referring to retired NBA center John Amaechi stepping out of the closet — get a load of what Mr. Franken once told the Harvard Crimson:

“It’s not preppies, ‘cause I’m a preppie myself. I just don’t like homosexuals. If you ask me, they’re all homosexuals in the Pudding. Hey, I was glad when that Pudding homosexual got killed in Philadelphia.”
Mr. Franken, a 1973 graduate of Harvard, was referring to Harvard’s Hasty Pudding theatrical club.

Those remarks were made back in 1976 when Mr. Franken, like former Virginia Republican Sen. George Allen and others, was a careless young man blurting insults that he now lives to regret.

Shall we have the same standards for both Dems and Repubs? Not if liberals have anything to do with it.

Do as we say, not as we do.

Gays know they are part of the Democratic Party. Just like blacks and Hispanics and conservatives and liberals and Muslims and Christians and women and Hindu and atheists and college professors and poor people and rich people and, well, you get the idea.

Republicans are 90% white.

Gays know they are part of the Democratic Party. Just like blacks and Hispanics and conservatives and liberals and Muslims and Christians and women and Hindu and atheists and college professors and poor people and rich people and, well, you get the idea.

They are part of the party, but Democrats can still hate them.

In OTHER WORDS, mudwhistle is right.

The Democrats are the "do as we say, not as we do" party.

And I like how racist you are.

If I said Democrats were the 90% black party would you say I was judging by skin color?

Then how can we not say the same thing about YOU?

Of course. Democrats are a coalition Party. Republicans are a right wing Taliban. From the recent attempt as "right wing social engineering" and the GOP Party Platform and voter suppression, it's not something that can be denied.

Of course. Democrats are a coalition Party. Republicans are a right wing Taliban. From the recent attempt as "right wing social engineering" and the GOP Party Platform and voter suppression, it's not something that can be denied.

democrats are nazi scumbags.

democrats are nazi scumbags.

Republicans are 90% white. So pure and good.

Democrats are black brown asian gay straight rich poor Christian Muslim atheist educated uneducated and everyone else.

HGoer

Here's what Nazis look like. They don't seem to look much like Democrats.

Democratic%20Convention.jpg

banner.jpg

From the Republican Presidential Debates:

Let him die.

Applauding executions.

You know, I don't think you understand what a Nazi stands for.

Dems hate everyone, unless they can get their vote. The Dems don't give a crap about anything else. Just ask those folks on Chicago's South Side, after they were organized by Obaminator. ;)

In 1976, most of the country was against gays, matter of fact, it was considered the thing to be during that time.

However.............the attitudes of the nation have changed significantly since then, and even more since Obama repealed DADT.

Considering that I was 12 back in 1976 (and I'm 48 now), should I be held responsible for some stupid comment I made as a young adult?

As long as he doesn't try to act on it...I could care less...like we often say...don't like gay...don't be gay. But don't mess with our civil rights.

As long as he doesn't try to act on it...I could care less...like we often say...don't like gay...don't be gay. But don't mess with our civil rights.

Too bad Republicans don't believe that.

36 years ago? Who gives a fuck? Didn't Mitt Romney bully a gay dude a decade earlier in college?

failed_2.jpg

You are getting crazier everyday, Dems only pretend to care to get votes, but who really runs the party?

36 years ago? Who gives a fuck? Didn't Mitt Romney bully a gay dude a decade earlier in college?

failed_2.jpg

It wasn't nearly so long ago he mistreated his dog.

Didn't he also lead a blind teacher into a closet. That must have been hysterical to the right wing. They love that kind of "fun" humor.

Forum List

Back