Senator Byron Dorgan (D) Retiring

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
Wow! That was unexpected. The Democrats cannot be happy about this. With North Dakota's heavily conservative tilt, the GOP will almost certainly pick up this seat in November.

“Although I still have a passion for public service and enjoy my work in the Senate, I have other interests and I have other things I would like to pursue outside of public life. I have written two books and have an invitation from a publisher to write two more books. I would like to do some teaching and would also like to work on energy policy in the private sector.

“So, over this holiday season, I have come to the conclusion, with the support of my family, that I will not be seeking another term in the U.S. Senate in 2010. It is a hard decision to make after thirty years in the Congress, but I believe it is the right time for me to pursue these other interests.

Press Release | Byron L. Dorgan — United States Senator, North Dakota

I heard, fwiw, that the governor, a Republican, was planning on running.
No, the word is in the street. Anyone who doesn't have a really secure seat is going to be running scared until after Nov. The bloodletting has started. Let it flow!

Congress might have over 420 Republicans after next election. The only safe seat is Barney Frank, even
Pelosi is a coin flip now

Good, another one bites the dust.

Yep. Looks like the Dems are seeing the writing on that damned big wall. They are jumping off the good ship Obama big time. Too bad they can take their golden parachutes with em.

Dems need more stealth candidates because the current crop is all heading for defeat

Forum List

Back