Senator Boxer's Pot Connection

It might not be for you... I don't mean that in a belittling way... I mean that, for some people - actually significant numbers of people - pot triggers mental illness. That is scientifically proven - and I know how the liberals LOVE science. :lol::lol: Those links do exist. I don't criticize anyone for smoking it, but please, don't deny scientific facts.
CG: Use the link that follows this excerpt and educate yourself. You evidently are too easily seduced by drug warrior propaganda and you need to be more aware of what persistently duplicitous bastards they are. They've been pushing junk science for decades, all of which has been effectively debunked.

"Much has made — by the mainstream media and others — of the claim that cannabis use causes certain types of mental illness, specifically schizophrenia and psychosis.

Most notably perhaps, a team of researchers writing in the July 28, 2007 edition of the prestigious scientific journal The Lancet, boldly proclaimed that smoking cannabis could boost one’s risk of a psychotic episode by 40 percent or more.

Naturally, this alarmist rhetoric received wall-to-wall coverage by the mainstream press. Even more troubling, the supposed ‘pot-and-schizophrenia’ link was one of the primary reasons cited by British PM Gordon Brown, ex-Home Secretary Jacqui Smith and others as the impetus for reclassifying cannabis (from a verbal warning to a criminal offense punishable by up to five years in jail) in the United Kingdom.

Of course, there was a fatal flaw with The Lancet’s argument — one that, oddly enough, every single MSM outlet failed to mention. Empirical data did not support the investigators’ hypothesis that smoking marijuana was associated with increased rates of schizophrenia or other mental illnesses among the general public — a fact that even the authors begrudgingly admitted when they declared, 'Projected trends for schizophrenia incidence have not paralleled trends in cannabis use over time.'"

Study Debunks Claim That Pot Smoking Causes Mental Illness | NORML Blog, Marijuana Law Reform

So.. senior aides to Senators should be allowed to use illegal drugs?

Or .. the Senators themselves should be allowed to use illegal drugs?

Or.. the President should be allowed to use illegal drugs?

It's no big deal?

hey this will all go the way of senator Webbs assistant 'carrying' while he tried to get into the capital bldg....nothing to see here. :eusa_hand:

Orwells quote and all...;)

So.. senior aides to Senators should be allowed to use illegal drugs?

Or .. the Senators themselves should be allowed to use illegal drugs?

Or.. the President should be allowed to use illegal drugs?

It's no big deal?

hey this will all go the way of senator Webbs assistant 'carrying' while he tried to get into the capital bldg....nothing to see here. :eusa_hand:

Orwells quote and all...;)

Drugs and Democrats... makes you wonder sometimes...

The problem with studies, they can control the environment. ;) And they usually get proven wrong five years ago.
Everyone started listening to the doctor about vaccines and autism, and they found out he was wrong.
Like I said there is no way you could tell the difference. I am also around a lot of people who smoke pot. My friends who have mental illnesses, had them before pot.

This is from the UK
wo years after The Lancet’s dire predictions, a team of researchers at the Keele University Medical School have once and for all put the ‘pot-and-mental illness’ claims to the test. Writing in a forthcoming edition of the scientific journal Schizophrenia Research, they compare long-term trends in marijuana use and incidences of schizophrenia and/or psychoses in the United Kingdom. And what do they find?

“[T]he expected rise in diagnoses of schizophrenia and psychoses did not occur over a 10 year period. This study does not therefore support the specific causal link between cannabis use and incidence of psychotic disorders. … This concurs with other reports indicating that increases in population cannabis use have not been followed by increases in psychotic incidence.”

Study Debunks Claim That Pot Smoking Causes Mental Illness | NORML Blog, Marijuana Law Reform

It's really easy to deny facts but that doesn't change them. Study after study across the world puts pot as a trigger for mental illness. That particular study claimed pot as a cause. It is not a cause - it is a trigger... two completely different things. The links are there, mo chara. Smoke it if you choose to, but do so with your eyes open.
Where are these studies?
I have read many that say it isn't true, and they don't cause mental illness.
Like I said they are using teenagers and young adult as example, when in reality that is the time they develop mental illnesses anyways. One also uses pot to self medicate. It isn't causing mental illness, people are using it to treat their mental illness.
I have hung out with many people who smoke pot, I have many friends who smoke pot. How come none of them never developed a mental illness from pot? How come I never developed a mental illness from pot?
The amount I smoked in my twenties, you think if this was true, I would have developed something.

Last edited:
Who cares?

Seriously ...

I'm reminded of the scene from Super Troopers where the cops call the Governor down for a photo op after kiting the local cops weed and taking credit for the bust.

When the Governor gets there she's told it's a million dollar drug bust or something and her response is something to the effect of:

"Is it cocaine?"

"No ma'am, marijuana."

"Then what the fuck am I doing there."

I love that movie. :lol:
Meow

The snozberrries taste like snozberries. :lol:

Seriously ...

I'm reminded of the scene from Super Troopers where the cops call the Governor down for a photo op after kiting the local cops weed and taking credit for the bust.

When the Governor gets there she's told it's a million dollar drug bust or something and her response is something to the effect of:

"Is it cocaine?"

"No ma'am, marijuana."

"Then what the fuck am I doing there."

I love that movie. :lol:
Meow

The snozberrries taste like snozberries. :lol:
My favorite part is when they kid eats all the mushrooms. :lol: If I had been that kid I would have died from a heart attack. First time I shroomed, I thought the FBI was after me. If the Cops would have come along, I would have went into shock.
Man, I need to watch it again.

Boxer fired him.

I don't think she had much of a choice. It was a PR disaster in the making and would give Fiorina an easy target for an attack ad. She had to get rid of this like a basehead swallowing their rock when the po' rolls around the corner!

Who is Barbara Boxer and why haven't I been told about her?

She's that ugly old white woman who sits behind the President during the State of the Union speech that can't stay seated in her chair. She constantly jumps up and starts clapping her hands every time he says something stupid.

She's that ugly old white woman who sits behind the President during the State of the Union speech that can't stay seated in her chair. She constantly jumps up and starts clapping her hands every time he says something stupid.

That would be Nancy Pelosi but the description is still apt.

It's really easy to deny facts but that doesn't change them.
And it's just as easy to fabricate "facts," which the drug warriors have been paying science whores to do for as long as I can remember. If you'd like to read a long list of examples I recommend Jack Herer's excellent and well-documented book, The Emperor Wears No Clothes. Just one of my favorite examples is the widely publicized experiment that "proved" marijuana caused emphysema in laboratory monkeys. What was later learned is the monkey subjects of that experiment were restrained, fitted with face masks, and enough marijuana smoke was pumped into their lungs over a ten day period to suffocate them -- and did indeed kill one of them.

You will read such propaganda as the "scientific" report, complete with analytic data, that found marijuana to be toxic and carcinogenic. What the report doesn't mention is the sample tested was a seized batch provided by the DEA which contained massive amounts of pesticides and a growth-inducing hormone which becomes toxic when super-heated -- as in smoke.

Study after study across the world puts pot as a trigger for mental illness. That particular study claimed pot as a cause. It is not a cause - it is a trigger... two completely different things. The links are there, mo chara. Smoke it if you choose to, but do so with your eyes open.
I have read such studies and, as expected, they are for the most part hyperbolized.

While it is true, and you are correct in repeating, that someone who harbors a borderline or dormant psychopathology can be episodically "triggered" by any chemical that affects neurochemistry, such as marijuana, alcohol, valium and any number of other prescription medications. And don't you find it interesting that the vast majority of arrests made for violent behavior, including rape, are associated with alcohol use but none are associated with marijuana -- yet we are reading "scientific" reports about marijuana "triggering" psychosis?

If you wish to expand your knowledge of these facts you can learn a great deal from a book called, Marijuana, The Hidden Medicine, by Dr. Lester Grinspoon, MD, Ph.D., Professor of Psychiatric Medicine, Harvard Medical School. Dr. Grinspoon has spent many years researching the facts about marijuana and his credentials are unimpeachable.

Last, in case you might be wondering why these misleading "scientific" reports on marijuana keep popping up, you should know that if marijuana were legalized it eventually would have an enormously negative impact on the bottom lines of the pharmaceutical, liquor, lumber, cotton and oil industries. If you'd like to know more about this, again, Jack Herer's book, The Emperor Wears No Clothes, contains one hell of an education.

(Both books are available from Amazon.)

That would be Nancy Pelosi but the description is still apt.

She's just burning calories. :lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQto3HZvkYU&feature=related]YouTube - Pop-Up Pelosi Stands for Attention[/ame]

Forum List

Back