Senator Boxer's Pot Connection

So.. senior aides to Senators should be allowed to use illegal drugs?

Or .. the Senators themselves should be allowed to use illegal drugs?

Or.. the President should be allowed to use illegal drugs?

It's no big deal?

If by illegal drugs you mean weed, yes, they should be allowed and it's no big deal. In fact, I encourage it. It would chill them all the fuck out and just maybe the partisan screaming would cease.

How about airline pilots, bus drivers, the military?.. They could use some chilling out, get mellow, relax and enjoy..

Yes, I encourage them to do the same.

The problem with studies, they can control the environment. ;) And they usually get proven wrong five years ago.
Everyone started listening to the doctor about vaccines and autism, and they found out he was wrong.
Like I said there is no way you could tell the difference. I am also around a lot of people who smoke pot. My friends who have mental illnesses, had them before pot.

This is from the UK
wo years after The Lancet’s dire predictions, a team of researchers at the Keele University Medical School have once and for all put the ‘pot-and-mental illness’ claims to the test. Writing in a forthcoming edition of the scientific journal Schizophrenia Research, they compare long-term trends in marijuana use and incidences of schizophrenia and/or psychoses in the United Kingdom. And what do they find?

“[T]he expected rise in diagnoses of schizophrenia and psychoses did not occur over a 10 year period. This study does not therefore support the specific causal link between cannabis use and incidence of psychotic disorders. … This concurs with other reports indicating that increases in population cannabis use have not been followed by increases in psychotic incidence.”

Study Debunks Claim That Pot Smoking Causes Mental Illness | NORML Blog, Marijuana Law Reform

It's really easy to deny facts but that doesn't change them. Study after study across the world puts pot as a trigger for mental illness. That particular study claimed pot as a cause. It is not a cause - it is a trigger... two completely different things. The links are there, mo chara. Smoke it if you choose to, but do so with your eyes open.

If by illegal drugs you mean weed, yes, they should be allowed and it's no big deal. In fact, I encourage it. It would chill them all the fuck out and just maybe the partisan screaming would cease.

How about airline pilots, bus drivers, the military?.. They could use some chilling out, get mellow, relax and enjoy..

Yes, I encourage them to do the same.

Well damn.. you are unpredictable after all....:lol:

But,...but it leads to other drugs like life savers and chocolate chip cookies.:lol:

Finally.. signs of a sense of humor from you....:lol:

I am truely sorry, I am just not wired that way. I do try.

Well.. next work on your spell check and you have no need to be sorry.

It's a lot more fun to let go and relax, it's rare to change others perspectives unless you have the power of instant epiphanies. I suspect you don't and I certainly don't.

Of course.. it's just my opinion...

Actually, I think the whole country is aware.

It isn't a big deal.

It might not be for you... I don't mean that in a belittling way... I mean that, for some people - actually significant numbers of people - pot triggers mental illness. That is scientifically proven - and I know how the liberals LOVE science. :lol::lol: Those links do exist. I don't criticize anyone for smoking it, but please, don't deny scientific facts.

No it isn't.

That hypothesis, one that was advanced mostly in the UK, has been tested and found not be conclusive.

And, if you use your logic for a moment, you'd realize that reality proves that hypotheis to be incorrect, too.

The Boomer generation became the first generation in the USA to have a very large percentage of people smoke pot.

Therefore, if the hypothesis that pot caused schizophrenia were valid, the incidence of schizphrenia would have increased roughly equivalent to the change in population that smokes.

Has the incidence of schizophrenia gone up in the boomer generation?

No, it hasn't.

In fact, for reasons as yet not understood, the incidence of schizophrenia has gone down somewhat in the boomer generation.

My point here is this

The statistical reality of the entire group is more valid that any clinical study of that group that can be contrived by science.

I think those of you who understand statistics and scientific logic will understand why I insist that reality trumps clinical science.

Those of you who read scientific studies (and take them at face value), but who don't understand scientific method probably won't understand my point.

It might not be for you... I don't mean that in a belittling way... I mean that, for some people - actually significant numbers of people - pot triggers mental illness. That is scientifically proven - and I know how the liberals LOVE science. :lol::lol: Those links do exist. I don't criticize anyone for smoking it, but please, don't deny scientific facts.

Don't believe it. ;)
They also say it happens in teenagers, problem that is when the majority of people develop a mental illness. It is like saying vaccines cause autism. I do not know one person who has gotten a mental illness from pot, I do know people who had a mental illness, and smoked pot to self medicate. That is also another problem with that theory.
People use drugs to treat mental illnesses.
I know a lot of people who smoke pot, many that you would never think would. I know lawyers, drug and alcohol counselors, construction workers, nurses, you name it. It is their glass of wine.
Most of my friends who smoke pot, have good jobs, and own their own homes.

Sorry, mo chara, I worked with a group of researchers who did one of the huge amounts of studies on it. The link is proven. I've written about it - from the research paid for by the British Medical Research Council... absolutely non partisan, no agenda, just evidence based scientific fact. I've seen the interviews, I've read the notes, there is a mass of research about it. It is your choice to do drugs and I'm not gonna slam you for the choice - but please, don't deny scientific fact because you'd rather not think about it. That's like smokers who deny the link between cigarettes and lung cancer.
:lol: Scientific fact. I've seen those studies, the conclusions are full of confirmation bias.

Sad.

Don't believe it. ;)
They also say it happens in teenagers, problem that is when the majority of people develop a mental illness. It is like saying vaccines cause autism. I do not know one person who has gotten a mental illness from pot, I do know people who had a mental illness, and smoked pot to self medicate. That is also another problem with that theory.
People use drugs to treat mental illnesses.
I know a lot of people who smoke pot, many that you would never think would. I know lawyers, drug and alcohol counselors, construction workers, nurses, you name it. It is their glass of wine.
Most of my friends who smoke pot, have good jobs, and own their own homes.

Sorry, mo chara, I worked with a group of researchers who did one of the huge amounts of studies on it. The link is proven. I've written about it - from the research paid for by the British Medical Research Council... absolutely non partisan, no agenda, just evidence based scientific fact. I've seen the interviews, I've read the notes, there is a mass of research about it. It is your choice to do drugs and I'm not gonna slam you for the choice - but please, don't deny scientific fact because you'd rather not think about it. That's like smokers who deny the link between cigarettes and lung cancer.
:lol: Scientific fact. I've seen those studies, the conclusions are full of confirmation bias.

Sad.

Yup!

Still more psuedo science from the pro-war on drugs folks.

One wonders what their motivation really is.

Actually, I think the whole country is aware.

It isn't a big deal.

your even dumber than I thought you were, cali give out GED's too easily:cuckoo:

The problem with studies, they can control the environment. ;) And they usually get proven wrong five years ago.
Everyone started listening to the doctor about vaccines and autism, and they found out he was wrong.
Like I said there is no way you could tell the difference. I am also around a lot of people who smoke pot. My friends who have mental illnesses, had them before pot.

This is from the UK
wo years after The Lancet’s dire predictions, a team of researchers at the Keele University Medical School have once and for all put the ‘pot-and-mental illness’ claims to the test. Writing in a forthcoming edition of the scientific journal Schizophrenia Research, they compare long-term trends in marijuana use and incidences of schizophrenia and/or psychoses in the United Kingdom. And what do they find?

“[T]he expected rise in diagnoses of schizophrenia and psychoses did not occur over a 10 year period. This study does not therefore support the specific causal link between cannabis use and incidence of psychotic disorders. … This concurs with other reports indicating that increases in population cannabis use have not been followed by increases in psychotic incidence.”

Study Debunks Claim That Pot Smoking Causes Mental Illness | NORML Blog, Marijuana Law Reform

It's really easy to deny facts but that doesn't change them. Study after study across the world puts pot as a trigger for mental illness. That particular study claimed pot as a cause. It is not a cause - it is a trigger... two completely different things. The links are there, mo chara. Smoke it if you choose to, but do so with your eyes open.

study after study shows pot slows some cancer growth, and helps in other medical areas. You ghestapo aholes cling to debunk gov bs. GED's rave:cuckoo:

Pfizer and Budwieser fund those kind of studies.
Last thing they want is a natural kind of medicine that has a slight beer like relaxant.

Pfizer and Budwieser fund those kind of studies.
Last thing they want is a natural kind of medicine that has a slight beer like relaxant.

Relax.. no one's bogarting your joint, Buddy..

I think we've learned that if you pay scientists and researchers enough money, they'll come up with the results you requested.....look at global warming..:lol:

Boxer fired him.

Desperate Democrats are throwing a lot of people under the bus during this political season including Obama.

Boxer fired him.. where's the love and helpful understanding, Democrat like to talk about?..:lol:

Forum List

Back