Senator Ben Nelson another example rampant corruption in our government.

Maple

Mar 15, 2009
Congratulations Senator Ben Nelson, you have just been nominated to the ( Corrupt Bastards Club) the CBC. Palin had this term for the CBC in Alaska, no reason we are not using that term in Washington.:clap2::clap2:

Feel free to add to the list of the CBC.

Why Sen. Ben Nelson did the right thing to compromise on health care: Commentary

federal government would still not in anyway subsidize abortions.

Senator Nelson did however get some valuable concessions for his state. He craftily leveraged his position as the final holdout, to get Nebraska a single-state permanent exemption from contributing to the states’ share of the Medicaid expansion written into the bill, which will mean the other states will need to contribute an additional $45 million in the first decade to cover Nebraska’s share. He also got a concession on the abortion issue in that states can opt out of allowing plans that cover abortion in the insurance exchanges, but apparently for anti-abortion proponents in Nebraska that’s not enough.

I do not agree with the commentary that he did the right thing, he did the crooked thing and it's something that we as taxpayers in the other 49 states are going to be forced to pay for.

Last edited:
Senator Ben Nelson is just another one of those Washington political whores. He'd still be against the Health Care Reform Bill if they had not of come across with the big payoff for the State of Nebraska. He didn't do what was best for the country. He did what was best for Nebraska. This whole damned Health Care Reform Bill has been advanced through both the House and the Senate with bribe money. Good civics lesson for our school students.

Does it make you libs in the other 49 states feel all warm and fuzzy knowing that you will be forced to pay additional money to fund Nebraska's medicaid bill??

Somehow I don't feel all warm and fuzzy about that.

Senator Ben Nelson is just another one of those Washington political whores. He'd still be against the Health Care Reform Bill if they had not of come across with the big payoff for the State of Nebraska. He didn't do what was best for the country. He did what was best for Nebraska. This whole damned Health Care Reform Bill has been advanced through both the House and the Senate with bribe money. Good civics lesson for our school students.

When you have an administration that ran Chicago with a President from Chicago is it any wonder why we have this corruption going on at the federal level.

Does it make you libs in the other 49 states feel all warm and fuzzy knowing that you will be forced to pay additional money to fund Nebraska's medicaid bill??

I hate to make your day any worse than it is but I think the jackazz known as Reid gave himself the same deal for Nevada.. and you know they kissed Landrieus ass to the tune of 300 million dollars.. feel better yet?

Terrific. Him and Mary Landreau should rot a few kilometers down in the Earth where its million of degrees

And who's going to pay for these bribes if we are already tetering on bankruptcy now? Don't forget all the other Obama crap that's been pushed through ahead of the healthcare. Or should the Fed just print more money to cover the costs of bribery?

Oh, and I just heard on the news today about a plan for government to take control over all water in the country including rivers, ponds, lakes, water puddles (yes!), and ocean water ... and whatever water I left out ... to ensure clean water nationwide.

Samson ... I suggest you round up all your llamas and antelpoe and come up with a way to purify all the water.

Last edited:
And who's going to pay for these bribes if we are tetering on bankruptcy now? Or should the Fed just print more money to cover the costs of bribery?

We the people are! That's who. I hope you didn't believe that friggin liar obamalama when he said your taxes wouldn't go up!

And who's going to pay for these bribes if we are already tetering on bankruptcy now? Don't forget all the other Obama crap that's been pushed through ahead of the healthcare. Or should the Fed just print more money to cover the costs of bribery?

Oh, and I just heard on the news today about a plan for government to take control over all water in the country including rivers, ponds, lakes, water puddles (yes!), and ocean water ... and whatever water I left out ... to ensure clean water nationwide.

Samson ... I suggest you round up all your llamas and antelpoe and come up with a way to purify all the water.

We all are going to pay, don't beleive that B.S that only the rich are going to be taxed, you will see taxes raised on everything from soda pop to gasoline to pay for this monstrosity. Then you young pups are going to have to sign up for an insurance plan which YOU are going to have to pay for, or go to jail.:lol::lol::lol:

" When the democrats start talking about taxing the rich, the middle class needs to run for cover." Fred Thompson

I hate to make your day any worse than it is but I think the jackazz known as Reid gave himself the same deal for Nevada.. and you know they kissed Landrieus ass to the tune of 300 million dollars.. feel better yet?

No, I don't feel better but I have gladly added Reid and Landrieus to the corrupt bastard's club.

I can't wait for 2010. The Tsunami cometh.:lol::lol:

http://www.lvrj.com/news/54286087.html

2010 SENATE CAMPAIGN: Polls show potential GOP challengers would beat Harry Reid

Tarkanian claims early GOP lead

By BENJAMIN SPILLMAN
© 2009 LAS VEGAS REVIEW-JOURNAL
Opinion Polls
December 2009 Political Polls - US Senate
December 2009 Political Polls - NV Governor
December 2009 Political Polls - Health care reform

HOW NEVADANS RATE POLITICIANS

President Barack Obama’s favorable rating among Nevada voters fell to 44 percent in August, down four points from a similar poll in July. The president’s unfavorable rating increased to 43 percent, up from 35 percent in July. The declining rating comes as Obama is taking heat over proposed health reforms.

Numbers for Nevada politicians didn’t change much between July and August. Sen. Harry Reid, D-Nev., was recognized favorably by 37 percent of respondents and unfavorably by 50 percent. That’s three points higher in each category compared to the July Mason-Dixon poll showing 34 percent viewed Reid favorably and 47 percent unfavorably. Sen. John Ensign, R-Nev., was viewed favorably by 30 percent of respondents and unfavorably by 37 percent, with 31 percent neutral. The figures are nearly identical to those in last month’s poll. In August, 15 percent of respondents viewed Republican Gov. Jim Gibbons favorably, 54 percent unfavorably and 30 percent were neutral. Those numbers were within a point or two of last month’s poll results.

LAS VEGAS REVIEW-JOURNAL

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid speaks to reporters during a news conference on Capitol Hill.
Photo by The Associated Press

It's the highest stakes ever for a Nevada election, and former boxer Sen. Harry Reid is on the ropes early. Either Republican Danny Tarkanian or Sue Lowden would knock out Reid in a general election, according to a recent poll of Nevada voters.

The results suggest the Democratic Senate majority leader will have to punch hard and often in order to retain his position as the most accomplished politician in state history, in terms of job status.

He shoves this health care reform down the throats of Americans who are now 61% in opposition to this, he can out punch Mohammad Ali and he still would lose.lol

Last edited:
We were promised a new type of government, one that would be transparent, one of "Hope and Change". Pelosi promised to clean up Washington, yet all we have ended up with, is the some old politics that has stinked up Washington for decades. This type of politics is costing us more and more every decade.

Repeal the 16th Amendment, let's go back to having the States fund the Gubbamint and you'll see how fast all this shit stops

Repeal the 16th Amendment, let's go back to having the States fund the Gubbamint and you'll see how fast all this shit stops

Not a bad Idea Crusader, one that I would certainly get behind. Right now succession looks pretty attractive to me.:lol::lol:

Where are all of the liberal Democrat sheep defending Obama and crew concerning the things that have been said in this thread? All I hear is crickets.... Got awfully quiet, didn't it?

Actually--If we look at the concept of what a Senator/representative is suppose to do in the Congress, Ben Nelson did what he could to bring home the BACON(that is right!! We may know that the base(aka Al Qaeda in Arabic) does not consume pork, the rest of us enjoy A BLT every now and then!!). That is how politics is conducted in our Republic.

Come to think about it, horse trading for benefits to your province/region/state occurs in all republics.

If Conservatives want to change this, then please tell us Americans what system of government do you want. Because apperntly it is not a Republic!! Especially not a CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC!!:eusa_whistle:

Where are all of the liberal Democrat sheep defending Obama and crew concerning the things that have been said in this thread? All I hear is crickets.... Got awfully quiet, didn't it?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8E_zMLCRNg[/ame]

Article 1 Sec, 9

No preference shall be given by any regulation of commerce or revenue to the ports of one state over those of another: nor shall vessels bound to, or from, one state, be obliged to enter, clear or pay duties in another.

No tax or duty shall be laid on articles exported from any state.

Article 4, Sec. 2

The Citizens of each State shall be entitled to all Privileges and Immunities of Citizens in the several States.

14th Amendment . sec. 1

Section. 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws

Many of the states in this new bill have little interest other than getting a Big W, however I wonder when this matter as well as many others get before the court and make not mistake that is exactly where it is headed, how they will feel if they are overturned.

Article 1 Sec, 9

No preference shall be given by any regulation of commerce or revenue to the ports of one state over those of another: nor shall vessels bound to, or from, one state, be obliged to enter, clear or pay duties in another.

No tax or duty shall be laid on articles exported from any state.

Article 4, Sec. 2

The Citizens of each State shall be entitled to all Privileges and Immunities of Citizens in the several States.

14th Amendment . sec. 1

Section. 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws

Many of the states in this new bill have little interest other than getting a Big W, however I wonder when this matter as well as many others get before the court and make not mistake that is exactly where it is headed, how they will feel if they are overturned.

Tell us--how do you enforce these articles.

We are way off the beaten track!!

Forum List

Back