Senate votes to allow criminals out early

Preacher

Gold Member
Jan 29, 2015
Georgia Mountains
Senate passes bipartisan criminal justice bill

Disgusting,immoral,dangerous and down right WRONG. Between this and Trump possibly walking back shutting down the government over the wall I might just hope for one of these senators that voted against it to primary his ass in 2020. President Cotton....hmmm sounds nice!

This bullshit let's rapists out early and DOES NOT let their rape victim know they are being let out!
This gives leftists MORE votes!

Cotton requested a Justice Department analysis of the bill that found individuals convicted of sex crimes could be released early. In addition, he introduced amendments to the bill, along with Kennedy, that would bar more offenders from participating in the bill’s earned-time credit program and imposed new reporting requirements on the Bureau of Prisons. The Cotton-Kennedy amendment failed Tuesday night.

“How can anybody oppose telling a woman who has been raped that her rapist is about to get out of prison early?” Kennedy said Tuesday prior to the amendment vote. “It’s not letting her veto it .... It just says you gotta tell her and let her offer her opinion. I mean who could be against that?”

This is what 87 SCUM just voted for! Rape away folks you can get out early and your victim won't even know!

Link to “facts” not in CBS article—if it exists at all.

The majority of sex crimes are prosecuted at state level ..,

Disgusting,immoral,dangerous and down right WRONG. Between this and Trump possibly walking back shutting down the government over the wall I might just hope for one of these senators that voted against it to primary his ass in 2020. President Cotton....hmmm sounds nice!

This bullshit let's rapists out early and DOES NOT let their rape victim know they are being let out!

Doesn't let rapists out early. It addresses mostly victimless, drug offenses -- which are the BULK of our embarrasingly large incarceration population..

This addresses the idiotic "three strikes" laws and nonviolent drug offenses, which shouldn't even involve jail time...This doesn't even go far enough...The moronic "war" on (some) drugs should be brought to an end and the DEA abolished.

And Cotton is a borderline psycho.

Doesn't let rapists out early. It addresses mostly victimless, drug offenses -- which are the BULK of our embarrasingly large incarceration population..
Yes it does it also doesn't let their victims know about it. Lovely. Oh yes drug offenses so we can have MORE drugs on the streets MORE crime associated with that as well! LOVELY!

This addresses the idiotic "three strikes" laws and nonviolent drug offenses, which shouldn't even involve jail time...This doesn't even go far enough...The moronic "war" on (some) drugs should be brought to an end and the DEA abolished.

And Cotton is a borderline psycho.
We could end it quickly. Start executing users and dealers.

Senate approves Trump-backed criminal justice overhaul

Its in that article...funny how a leftist propaganda website left it out...I am sure some REAL journalists will have some articles on it soon.

Here's what the article states...

Cotton requested a Justice Department analysis of the bill that found individuals convicted of sex crimes could be released early. In addition, he introduced amendments to the bill, along with Kennedy, that would bar more offenders from participating in the bill’s earned-time credit program and imposed new reporting requirements on the Bureau of Prisons. The Cotton-Kennedy amendment failed Tuesday night.

Any "credits earned" for early release would be SUBSTANTIVE investments on the part of the immates to change their lives. Like taking GED or other educational credits. Or participating in various "intervention" clinics to reduce the chance of re-occurring offenses..

We've LOST all momentum towards rehabilitation. And thats not humane or wise or economically efficient.

Its in that article...funny how a leftist propaganda website left it out...I am sure some REAL journalists will have some articles on it soon.

Any "credits earned" for early release would be SUBSTANTIVE investments on the part of the immates to change their lives. Like taking GED or other educational credits. Or participating in various "intervention" clinics to reduce the chance of re-occurring offenses..

We've LOST all momentum towards rehabilitation. And thats not humane or wise or economically efficient.
First sentence says SEX OFFENDERS CAN BE RELEASED EARLY. As I said. Only way to rehabilitate a sex offender,drug user,seller etc is to execute them once convicted. Time to stop this revolving door shit and start cleaning this country up.

First sentence says SEX OFFENDERS CAN BE RELEASED EARLY. As I said. Only way to rehabilitate a sex offender,drug user,seller etc is to execute them once convicted. Time to stop this revolving door shit and start cleaning this country up.

Why did you botch the quote. Here it is explained in the article.. From your Politico link..

The legislation, which was revised last week, provides incentives for some federal inmates to earn time credits if they participate in certain programs, reduces the three-strike penalty to 25 years from life in prison, reduces the disparity between sentencing for crack and powder cocaine and would ease mandatory minimum sentencing.

Participation in REHABILITATION programs SHOULD count to credits... If those programs are meaningful and effective in reducing recidivism. How they SPEND the time is just as important as just spending the time.

And I'm not gonna take criminal justice opinion from a member with a glowing review of Hitler's abuse of power in his sigline.. Or says on the 1st page to just "shoot them all"...

So the right wing house and senate with the help of the orange fool are doing this, but you blame the media for reporting it. Typical RWNJ. Thanks Trump.

So the right wing house and senate with the help of the orange fool are doing this, but you blame the media for reporting it. Typical RWNJ. Thanks Trump.
I blamed CBS for not putting the actual facts in its article. I am sure Gateway or Breitbart will post the FACTS sooner than later.

I blamed CBS for not putting the actual facts in its article. I am sure Gateway or Breitbart will post the FACTS sooner than later.

What more is there to add. Right wingers are doing this.

Why not?

Trump is out.

Why not?

Trump is out.

Still living the fantasy that President Trump is some kind of sexual predator?

It looks like some in Congress finally show they have a modicum of understanding re: addiction.

The war on drugs has been a big, fat cash cow for private prisons and law enforcement, and has been a complete failure.

Time to surrender.

Same for the war on poverty and terror.

Yep, we have no criminal control in this country

The president and Congress are wrong on this one

The president and Congress are wrong on this one

Why do you statist always want more people in jail? Incarcerating people is very expensive

Forum List

Back