Senate to vote on rescue plan Wednesday

CrimsonWhite

*****istrator Emeritus
Mar 13, 2006
Guntucky
Here we go again.

The bailout package adds new provisions - including raising the FDIC insurance cap. Democratic sources told CNN that they expect bipartisan support.

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- The Senate plans to vote on the $700 billion bank rescue plan Wednesday evening - two days after the House failed to pass it.

The bill adds new provisions - including raising the FDIC insurance cap from $100,000 to $250,000 - and will be attached to an existing revenue bill that the House also rejected Monday, according to several Democratic leadership aides.

The vote is scheduled for after sundown, in observance of the Jewish holiday. Republican presidential nominee John McCain and Democratic nominee Barack Obama and his running mate Joe Biden confirmed that they would be present for the vote.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nevada, and Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ketucky, announced the plan Tuesday.

Senate to vote on rescue plan Wednesday - Sep. 30, 2008

The Dow's up again, consumer confidence is up, Asian and Euro markets surviving. We don't need this POS. Let a handful of banks fail, or a few handfuls, and bargain hunters will step in and buy them up, and we'll be back to normal in less than a year.

The Dow's up again, consumer confidence is up, Asian and Euro markets surviving. We don't need this POS. Let a handful of banks fail, or a few handfuls, and bargain hunters will step in and buy them up, and we'll be back to normal in less than a year.

Preachin' to the choir brother.

I've already emailed all four representatives from Arkansas (one of which I know personally), and both of our Senators (one of which I also know personally). All four reps voted for it yesterday, so they will probably do so again. It's pretty disappointing.

great, wonderful.... :(

we now are giving banks more leeway to screw the tax payer when the big guns intentionally dick us again.... our tax dollars, will have to cover even more of their mistakes....and to them, this just gives them more money to play with without worry is my best guess...

This is ridiculous and has asolutely NOTHING to do with the mess we are in imo and should not be part of this bill...the fdic insurance going up per individual account....is something that could be changed later if it is even needed at all...If i were so wealthy, that i needed $250 per account i had to be insured by the fdic, i wouldn't want all my money in one account anyway...i would want to spread it out...regardless, this is still ridiculous to be part of this bill, as i mentioned!

I've already emailed all four representatives from Arkansas (one of which I know personally), and both of our Senators (one of which I also know personally). All four reps voted for it yesterday, so they will probably do so again. It's pretty disappointing.
These assholes in Congress are fucking stupid. Bill O'Reilly was screaming at them the other night to pas this shit- proving that he doesn't know shit from shinola either. I'm so sick of these assholes.

I refinanced twice in the last three years and twice rejected any teaser/ sub prime/ special-magic-potion-deal that were offered. I pay the fuckers on time. I pay some smart dude $3K/ year to advice me on my finances, add as a result I have all kinds of insurance, high deducts on my stuff, a balanced portfolio and enough liquidity to easily get over potential short term problems. I live well within my means.

Now I'm the one who's being forced to pay for those who did the exact opposite.

great, wonderful.... :(

we now are giving banks more leeway to screw the tax payer when the big guns intentionally dick us again.... our tax dollars, will have to cover even more of their mistakes....and to them, this just gives them more money to play with without worry is my best guess...

This is ridiculous and has asolutely NOTHING to do with the mess we are in imo and should not be part of this bill...the fdic insurance going up per individual account....is something that could be changed later if it is even needed at all...If i were so wealthy, that i needed $250 per account i had to be insured by the fdic, i wouldn't want all my money in one account anyway...i would want to spread it out...regardless, this is still ridiculous to be part of this bill, as i mentioned!
Yet you go into the voting booth and pull the Big D lever every time. You deserve what you get babe.

Now I'm the one who's being forced to pay for those who did the exact opposite.

Exactly, those of us who live within our means AND take responsibility for our own finances are being forced to bail out the ones who were too irresponsible, lazy, and ignorant to do the same. It's a crying fucking shame, considering all the handouts we already pay for. Every time I stand in line to pay for my groceries and I see the bitch in front of me in her brand name clothes and iPhone paying with her food stamp card, I want to punch her in the throat.

mccain's touting this also you know....

sadly, your guy ain't any better... :tongue:

care

Oh, you really got her there!

Seriously, the fact that anyone can still support either of these two candidates after they urged the passing of this bill is beyond me.

Oh, you really got her there!

Seriously, the fact that anyone can still support either of these two candidates after they urged the passing of this bill is beyond me.

i'm one hair from the straw that broke the camel's back! :(

At least I have a chance. He could croak off and Palin will take over. I'm sure she knows how to reign in the family budget. :D
hahahahahaha, that's a terrible thing to say!:lol:

Ohhhhh and i dunno about her judgement on the family budget, lean and mean, not when she feels she needs to spend her family budget on things like tanning beds in her governor's office....
:eusa_whistle:

care

well, here's the deal it's gonna pass this time, supposedly the FDIC insurance will be raised to 250,000 dollars, and there is suppose to be some kind of sweet tax plan attached that the Republicans are gung ho for.

what I heard tonight is that all the credit unions (my bank is a credit union) are in fine shape and are loaning money. All the responsible home town banks are loaning money. Anyone with good credit can get credit. Guess what? It's the people with poor credit who will not be able to get credit. Does this shit make any sense to you. We are spending 700 Billion dollars so people without good credit can get credit? Farking insane.

Ohhhhh and i dunno about her judgement on the family budget, lean and mean, not when she feels she needs to spend her family budget on things like tanning beds in her governor's office....

care
Lots of people have tanning beds in Alaska. Nights are like 22 hours long during parts of the year. You'd go fucking bananas.

care

Tanning beds are cheap. What are you fucking whining about?

Lots of people have tanning beds in Alaska. Nights are like 22 hours long during parts of the year. You'd go fucking bananas.

believe me, i can sympathize, it isn't much better here in maine...in fact, I am dreading it...the days are already becoming too short and the Fall colors are at peak or damn near close to it already and we haven't even hit october!

Some awesome color this year too! Much brighter in color verses last Fall....very vivid oranges, yellows and reds!

I celebrate when December 21st is over, because from that point until june 21st each day gets 1 minute or so, more sunshine!!!

well, here's the deal it's gonna pass this time, supposedly the FDIC insurance will be raised to 250,000 dollars, and there is suppose to be some kind of sweet tax plan attached that the Republicans are gung ho for.

what I heard tonight is that all the credit unions (my bank is a credit union) are in fine shape and are loaning money. All the responsible home town banks are loaning money. Anyone with good credit can get credit. Guess what? It's the people with poor credit who will not be able to get credit. Does this shit make any sense to you. We are spending 700 Billion dollars so people without good credit can get credit? Farking insane.

At LEAST 700 billion...

believe me, i can sympathize, it isn't much better here in maine...in fact, I am dreading it...the days are already becoming too short and the Fall colors are at peak or damn near close to it already and we haven't even hit october!

Some awesome color this year too! Much brighter in color verses last Fall....very vivid oranges, yellows and reds!

I celebrate when December 21st is over, because from that point until june 21st each day gets 1 minute or so, more sunshine!!!

I loved the winters up north, since winter sports and activities are by far my favorite. I used to get a one-night season pass at a ski area 15 minutes away for $40. I used to nordic ski out my back door and had plans for a rope tow from my barn through two neighbor's properties. I also had a nice flat area out to the barn that I had planned for a skating rink. Load up that wood stove and we were always warm.:D

The season that sucked was the spring. It took forever for the snow to melt, revealing seas of mud everywhere. And all that dark sand on the sides of the roads. But, like some miracle, it all got green in about 2 weeks. I was always amazed.

Forum List

Back