Senate Testimony Sheds Light on Alleged Torture

If it's a job requirement, you don't go there in the first place.

You do if it is a moral/ethical imperative, and you hold your country in higher esteem than yourself.

But, Billy's response is telling. Yet again, the courageous freedom fighters of the far right lead the way as the guardians of truth, justice, and the american way.

And yet again, here is Catz lecturing me.......Was I wrong about what I said? i don't think I was. And you can't discredit me. Go run back to Newsmax, bitch.

Are you saying no one should work in intel?

He doesn't know what the fuck he's saying. He's swinging wildly because his paradigms are being attacked and hoping something lands.

He just sent me a whiny pm for neg-repping one of his stupider posts.

Exactly right; what better way to find secure employment within the Party of Government, and/or the federal bureacracy than to come out against some action or policy of a Republican like Bush, Cheney, Rumsfield, etal?/QUOTE]
Do you mind if I borrow that Party of Government thing? I've been looking for that phrase for awhile, I think it works. It works well.

You may; it brings into clear perspective the differences between the two parties: one is the party of government, the other is the party of business. However large businesses/corporations are as much a part of the Party-of-Government as they are the Party-of-Business, maybe more-so, because they benefit from regulations, seeing them as playing field levelers. Small businesses are generally hurt by regulations and find them onerous because of the legal and compliance costs which hurt them disproportionately. Regulations are the realm of government.

Actually the opposite of popular opinion, most of the "Captains of Business" are liberals and graduates of the Eastern Ivey League schools, and their greatest skill seems to be knowing how to game the system, while smaller businesses derive their management corps from the smaller business schools, and entrepreneurship, and their greatest skills are applied to effective management and efficiency.

I see Ravi hasn't changed at all, no mention of content at all, probably because she can't comment on content,, just an emotional spew. Par for the course, I guess.
So far your posts have been without content.

Wrong again. I made my point, you couldn't handle it, and you never will be able to. Do you want to agree to disagree now or do we really have to play this game where I comment and you reply?
No, you can put me on ignore.

Your point is that you can't back up your claims. Believe me, we all get it.

Same here.

I admit it. I did PM both Ravi and Catz. I did it because they are hypocrites. They didn't have a problem with me last time I was on this board. Now....I say one thing they don't like and the negrep comes immediately. I called them both out. They both deserve it.

Same here.

I admit it. I did PM both Ravi and Catz. I did it because they are hypocrites. They didn't have a problem with me last time I was on this board. Now....I say one thing they don't like and the negrep comes immediately. I called them both out. They both deserve it.
Tissue?

If you're over your snit fit we are still waiting for you to back up your claim.

I was noticing the same conflict, and it seemed for a while that the CIA was reacting by trying to attack Speaker Pelosi. It seems, at this point, that this strategy backfired, as under pressure from that attack Pelosi is countering with her own against the CIA.
except Nancy has been shown to be a LIAR
since Porter Goss was at that very same briefing, and HE says the same thing the CIA says

Yeah...its really quite extraordinary to think that the Bush administration would cover anything up or mislead about anything...
get over it, Bush isnt in office NOW

since Porter Goss was at that very same briefing, and HE says the same thing the CIA says

Yeah...its really quite extraordinary to think that the Bush administration would cover anything up or mislead about anything...

Dude, this issue has a whole lot to do with Bush and his administration ....

That card don't play here.

except, realistically, pelosi is a non-sequitur. the who issue is an intentional distraction from the real issues.

and there is another congressman who said the CIA lied (and later retracted) about briefing him. (i can't recall the name offhand).

But AGAIN, it's an irrelevancy... and a distraction from the actual issue.

It's an attempt to try and get her to back down.

IMO, if she was complicit then she needs to be held accountable too.

Let's get it all out.
no, its saying the she knew and approved
and that what was done WASNT illegal
PERIOD

Dude, this issue has a whole lot to do with Bush and his administration ....

That card don't play here.
except its the CURRENT CIA thats saying this

so, using the "BUSH did it" claim is BULLSHIT

you should have heard joe and mika today... they were practically sending her off to be drawn and quartered

to be fair, her statement yesterday was ill-advised because it wasn't well done or clear and left more questions than it answered.

but i saw someone on the news this a.m... oh wait... it was ron paul, who said, "well good, maybe this will be a distraction to keep them from doing the other things they want to do".

typical right wing tactic.
oh PALEEZE
ron paul is a kook and always has been
LOL

No, he isn't.
YES, he IS

Anyone hear the statement Leon Panetta put out today??? "The CIA is not in the habit of lying to Congress." Now lying to Congress is a crime.. so if Pelosi has evidence that the CIA lied to Congress why does she not file charges?

Let me help you: Stop posting like a dumbass, and I won't have to neg rep you.

This is not FBI vs. CIA. Handing out baked beans at lunch time doesn't qualify you as having "worked for both agencies". What struck me as relevant was the fact that the so-called witness chose to hide his identity. You either have beef or you don't. Don't hide behind a sheet when you give your testimony.

You do when keeping your identity a secret is a requirement for your job.

If it's a job requirement, you don't go there in the first place.
uh, YES, you do
in some cases it would be impossible for an agent to do their job if their face was public knowledge

Panetta Urges CIA Staff to Focus on Mission, Tune Out 'New Decibel Level' in D.C. on Interrogations

President Obama's CIA director on Friday urged agency employees to concentrate on their mission and not get sidetracked by the high-volume argument in Washington spurred a day earlier when House Speaker Nancy Pelosi accused the CIA of lying to Congress.

"There is a long tradition in Washington of making political hay out of our business. It predates my service with this great institution, and it will be around long after I'm gone. But the political debates about interrogation reached a new decibel level yesterday when the CIA was accused of misleading Congress," CIA Director Leon Panetta wrote in a letter publicly released.

"My advice -- indeed, my direction -- to you is straightforward: ignore the noise and stay focused on your mission. We have too much work to do to be distracted from our job of protecting this country," he wrote. "We are an agency of high integrity, professionalism, and dedication. Our task is to tell it like it is-even if that's not what people always want to hear. Keep it up. Our national security depends on it."

Panetta's letter was released as the debate grew over what Pelosi knew, when she knew it and whether she complained about it if she was so bothered by it.

Pelosi told reporters on Thursday that those briefing her in September 2002 gave her inaccurate and incomplete information. Pelosi's office issued a statement Thursday saying Pelosi had been told in September 2002 that waterboarding, or simulated drowning, had not been used, but was going to be used in the future.

Panetta Urges CIA Staff to Focus on Mission, Tune Out 'New Decibel Level' in D.C. on Interrogations - Presidential Politics | Political News - FOXNews.com

Forum List

Back