Senate Testimony Sheds Light on Alleged Torture

This is not FBI vs. CIA. Handing out baked beans at lunch time doesn't qualify you as having "worked for both agencies". What struck me as relevant was the fact that the so-called witness chose to hide his identity. You either have beef or you don't. Don't hide behind a sheet when you give your testimony.

He testified using his real name. It isn't necessary to see his face.

Have you seen the faces of the torturers yet?

This is not FBI vs. CIA. Handing out baked beans at lunch time doesn't qualify you as having "worked for both agencies". What struck me as relevant was the fact that the so-called witness chose to hide his identity. You either have beef or you don't. Don't hide behind a sheet when you give your testimony.

He testified using his real name. It isn't necessary to see his face.

Have you seen the faces of the torturers yet?

Yes, I have, in case you missed it, Discovery and History channels both have in in-depth interviews with the so-called "torturers". get your head together. If I ever have something to say, I won't hide my identity. Will you?

I guarantee that this is going to play out as FBI vs. CIA. Having worked with both agencies, I'm not a huge fan of the FBI, but they are about a million times more worthy of the public trust, as an agency, than the CIA is.

I love the quote from Robert Mueller: "WE DON'T DO THAT." It makes me happy to note that there are still leaders in the federal law enforcement agencies that remember who we are, and what we are.

I was noticing the same conflict, and it seemed for a while that the CIA was reacting by trying to attack Speaker Pelosi. It seems, at this point, that this strategy backfired, as under pressure from that attack Pelosi is countering with her own against the CIA.
except Nancy has been shown to be a LIAR
since Porter Goss was at that very same briefing, and HE says the same thing the CIA says

Yeah...its really quite extraordinary to think that the Bush administration would cover anything up or mislead about anything...

Exactly right; what better way to find secure employment within the Party-of-Government, and/or the federal bureacracy than to come out against some action or policy of a Republican like Bush, Cheney, Rumsfield, etal?

On the other hand how better to end up on the outside of the government/bureaucracy with no political future with the government than to put into operation the reverse of that strategy?

When they perform for the left, slamming the right, then they are known as "whistleblowers" - when they operate from the other direction they are either selling a book, trailor park-trash, or they are "traitors".

Last edited:
Exactly right; what better way to find secure employment within the Party of Government, and/or the federal bureacracy than to come out against some action or policy of a Republican like Bush, Cheney, Rumsfield, etal?/QUOTE]

Do you mind if I borrow that Party of Government thing? I've been looking for that phrase for awhile, I think it works. It works well.

Yes, I have, in case you missed it, Discovery and History channels both have in in-depth interviews with the so-called "torturers". get your head together. If I ever have something to say, I won't hide my identity. Will you?

Link?

His name is a matter of public record, and he's been speaking out against this particular issue for about 6 years now, trying to stop it.

They gave his name... they covered his face because he works in intel... and probably still needs to have his identity protected. Not every admin outs its agents.

D'uh!

Link?

His name is a matter of public record, and he's been speaking out against this particular issue for about 6 years now, trying to stop it.

Are you so pathetic and home-bound that you need a link to work your remote control? The world doesn't work on links, and the fact that you even bothered to ask me for one tells me that you need to get out more and shouldn't even worry about the rest of us until you rejoin society

Link?

Are you so pathetic and home-bound that you need a link to work your remote control? The world doesn't work on links, and the fact that you even bothered to ask me for one tells me that you need to get out more and shouldn't even worry about the rest of us until you rejoin society
Nice! Another idiot that thinks he's credible just because he exists.

since Porter Goss was at that very same briefing, and HE says the same thing the CIA says

If she's lying and was in fact complicit with full knowledge that we were torturing then she needs to held accountable as well.

No free passes here.

Not just her, BUT a lot of High Ranking Democrats in BOTH HOUSES KNEW and supported it.

So?

To repeat what I said:

If she's lying and was in fact complicit with full knowledge that we were torturing then she needs to held accountable as well.

No free passes here.

That applies to everyone.

IF it were illegal then not only did they do nothing about it, they SUPPORTED it.

Tell me something I don't already know.

But we do not have retroactive LAWS in this Country. Waterboarding was not declared Illegal UNTIL this YEAR. So what happened in 2002 to 2008 are irrelevant. EXCEPT now we can get Pelosi for bald face lying in a political attempt to prosecute her opponents.

I'm not so sure about that. It seems to me like it was illegal then but the Bush Admin tried to use some manipulation to skirt the law. It's a gray area and hasn't really been cleared up yet. But you are entitled to your opinion.

I see Ravi hasn't changed at all, no mention of content at all, probably because she can't comment on content,, just an emotional spew. Par for the course, I guess.

except, realistically, pelosi is a non-sequitur. the who issue is an intentional distraction from the real issues.

and there is another congressman who said the CIA lied (and later retracted) about briefing him. (i can't recall the name offhand).

But AGAIN, it's an irrelevancy... and a distraction from the actual issue.

It's an attempt to try and get her to back down.

IMO, if she was complicit then she needs to be held accountable too.

Let's get it all out.

Bob Graham is who you are probably thinking about.

I have yet to see any evidence that Pelosi lied, btw.

you should have heard joe and mika today... they were practically sending her off to be drawn and quartered

to be fair, her statement yesterday was ill-advised because it wasn't well done or clear and left more questions than it answered.

but i saw someone on the news this a.m... oh wait... it was ron paul, who said, "well good, maybe this will be a distraction to keep them from doing the other things they want to do".

typical right wing tactic.
oh PALEEZE
ron paul is a kook and always has been
LOL

No, he isn't.

I see Ravi hasn't changed at all, no mention of content at all, probably because she can't comment on content,, just an emotional spew. Par for the course, I guess.
So far your posts have been without content.

Wrong again. I made my point, you couldn't handle it, and you never will be able to. Do you want to agree to disagree now or do we really have to play this game where I comment and you reply?

You do when keeping your identity a secret is a requirement for your job.

If it's a job requirement, you don't go there in the first place.

I think that people who are making credible claims that are solidly supported by evidence generally have no problem providing such a link.

And, people who are talking out of their asses avoid doing so.

Guess which category you just self-selected?

If it's a job requirement, you don't go there in the first place.

Says who?

I think that people who are making credible claims that are solidly supported by evidence generally have no problem providing such a link.

And, people who are talking out of their asses avoid doing so.

Guess which category you just self-selected?

I've seen enough of you in the past to know that all you will do is throw NewsMax at me. If you consider that credible, I guess I lose. if it isn't credible, you've got some work to do.

Forum List

Back