Senate Set to Extend Jobless Benefits

Senate Set to Extend Unemployment Benefits - WSJ.com

* JULY 20, 2010 :clap2:

Senate Set to Extend Jobless Benefits

By NAFTALI BENDAVID And GREG HITT

WASHINGTON&#8212;The Senate, after weeks of contentious debate, is poised to extend unemployment benefits Tuesday for more than 2.5 million Americans. <more>

I wonder if they are going to continue to borrow money to fund this or make cuts somewhere else to pay for it???

Most of it will come from the employers.

A little known item of fact. The first and second employers of record of any given employee pay a good portion of uinemployment for the individual.

The GOP wantr to take the money from the TARP funds so the small businesses do not have to bear the burden so they can try to recover and hire again.

The DEM want to get it from the small businesses which will severly hamper any growth and possibly be the straw that breaks their backs.

I wonder why the media does not mention that?

I have been saying this for weeks now and STILL Being ignored by the left.

Unemployment is a very large cost to the first and second employers of record of each unemployed individual. Few employers projected needing to cover these costs for 2 years.
ANY further extension MUST come from existing money in the government. Many buisinesses will not survive an extension!

In Michigan, we are getting hit with an extra fee because the benefits have been exhausted.

"Beginning in January 2010, employers in Michigan will face an increase in their annual federal unemployment tax liability totaling $21 per employee, said Norm Isotalo, spokesman for the Michigan Unemployment Insurance Agency. The increase is going into effect for employers in all states that have exhausted their unemployment trust funds and are borrowing from the federal government."

Michigan's debt to federal government for unemployment claims: $2.8B and counting | MLive.com

I find it IMPOSSIBLE to believe that anyone was looking for a job for 2 years and couldn't find one. I mean fast food restaurants are essentially always hiring. Maybe not the best job, but it's a JOB. Unless of course you would rather sit back and suck the government tit.

Hell yes. I encourage ALL of you to get fired and go on the government tit as you call it and see just how wonderful it is. According to you Tea Baggers, the "colored people" are able to hang flat panel TVs in all of the rooms in their houses living on the "government tit", so why don't you give it a shot and let us know just how good it is.

Once again Yak yak, I am NOT a Tea party member.

But to the topic of welfare, errr I mean extended UE benefits. What's with the racists remarks? I never mentioned color. Why are you such a racist?

And no doubt no one is buying flat panel TVs with UE , nor should they be able to, of course this directly flies in the face of your princesses statement that UE benefits were the best economic stimulus there is.

I would stake my farm on one thing, MANY people could find jobs but choose to stay on unemployment insurance because they get more than what they would earn at those jobs that are available.

At least in NY, the maximum weekly payout of unemployment benefits is $405 bucks a week. (It's calculated as approx. half what you made in your best quarter of your previous job, with a max of $405). The only "job" that would pay less than unemployment would be a minimum wage job.

Hell yes. I encourage ALL of you to get fired and go on the government tit as you call it and see just how wonderful it is. According to you Tea Baggers, the "colored people" are able to hang flat panel TVs in all of the rooms in their houses living on the "government tit", so why don't you give it a shot and let us know just how good it is.

Once again Yak yak, I am NOT a Tea party member.

But to the topic of welfare, errr I mean extended UE benefits. What's with the racists remarks? I never mentioned color. Why are you such a racist?

And no doubt no one is buying flat panel TVs with UE , nor should they be able to, of course this directly flies in the face of your princesses statement that UE benefits were the best economic stimulus there is.

I would stake my farm on one thing, MANY people could find jobs but choose to stay on unemployment insurance because they get more than what they would earn at those jobs that are available.

At least in NY, the maximum weekly payout of unemployment benefits is $405 bucks a week. (It's calculated as approx. half what you made in your best quarter of your previous job, with a max of $405). The only "job" that would pay less than unemployment would be a minimum wage job.

Still $405 a week?

I was on unemployment over 10 years a go and it was $405 a week. Somebody should tell these people about inflation.

You, yes you, can end the threat of unemployment at my house this very day!

I think I can stay off unemployment permanently with just a stimulus injection of $1.75 million. Heck, that isn't even a billion. What a bargain, what a value!

Now, that's the spirit.:clap2:

I'd settle for $500k

You have to plan for the unforseen. If the wife decides to take a hike, you can kiss half good bye right off the top. Plus, 0bamacare will probably cost me $250K lifetime.

Forum List

Back