Senate Scuttles Gar Marriage Amendment

Originally posted by Avatar4321
Thought you said you had the capacity to love.:p:

Capacity and desire are 2 different things.

;)

In all seriousness, the issue was how he worded things, and I was questioned on my opinion of him.

I stated it "bluntly" as a poetic type reversal of how language is used and how he didn't express opinion of a social issue, but hatred toward people.

In other words, I worded it that way on purpose for effect to contrast HIM.

I didn't count on it looking like I was as hateful as he was.

Oh well. I don't claim to be perfect.

We can't all be RWA.
;)

If 38 states pass laws within their own states barring the recognition of gay marriage, is there any need for a constitutional amendment? So if I live in one state where the drinking age is 18, when I visit another state where it is 21, can I drink there at 18 since where I live 18 is legal?

This is not the first time the federal government has stepped in to define marriage. The first time was in the 1890's when they criminalized polygamy.

Originally posted by freeandfun1
If 38 states pass laws within their own states barring the recognition of gay marriage, is there any need for a constitutional amendment? So if I live in one state where the drinking age is 18, when I visit another state where it is 21, can I drink there at 18 since where I live 18 is legal?

This is not the first time the federal government has stepped in to define marriage. The first time was in the 1890's when they criminalized polygamy.

Yep in Utah. And if they had done it right the first time, we wouldn't be having this discussion today.

Originally posted by freeandfun1

Just to tell you they criminalized Polygamy quite a bit earlier than the 1890s. it just wasnt till then that all the legal fights over it ended.

The three Dems you mention are among the most conservative in the Senate. Zell Miller is simply Pres. Bush's little puppy now and follows him around wherever he leads. The brave Republicans on that list have my respect and admiration.

acludem

Forum List

Back