Senate Republicans publicly repudiate Bob Dole

Bob Dole is one of those entitlement Americans that Romney spoke of; Bob Dole was entitled to disability compensation, VA hospitalization and so on. Dole was the very kind of American that the Romney's and new GOP hate. They believe the Dole's of America ruin the profits of American businessmen. The problem is Bob Dole lived long enough to see his party change into what they are today. Wonder if Mitch McConnel even spoke to him?
Dole earned what he gets in the service of the country. He is also a taxpayer. Dole is, and has been in the service of his country most of his life. The GOP disapproves of a perpetually entitled class of parasites.

Only a witless hack would contest that his benefits are entitlements.

Is Dole entitled to his compensation by law? If so, his compensation is an entitlement.

Do rw's know the definition of the word "entitle"?

What is in this treaty that benefits the US?

If you were a handicapped vet, handicapped business person whose job takes you to other countries, you wouldn't have to ask.

Dole earned what he gets in the service of the country. He is also a taxpayer. Dole is, and has been in the service of his country most of his life. The GOP disapproves of a perpetually entitled class of parasites.

Only a witless hack would contest that his benefits are entitlements.

Is Dole entitled to his compensation by law? If so, his compensation is an entitlement.

Do rw's know the definition of the word "entitle"?

What is in this treaty that benefits the US?

If you were a handicapped vet, handicapped business person whose job takes you to other countries, you wouldn't have to ask.

In other words, you don't know and can't name any benefit.

Gotta love it.

Like many Americans..I've admired Bob Dole. It's amazing how far his values are now from the Modern Republican Party.

As one who triumphed over his own war injuries, Bob Dole has long championed the rights of the disabled. Yesterday, fresh out of Walter Reed Hospital, he came to the Senate in his wheelchair to seek the support of his fellow Republicans for the United Nations Disabilities Treaty — which would not make any changes to American law, but merely encourage other nations to grant disabled persons the same opportunities they enjoy here in the United States.
Senate Republicans publicly repudiate Bob Dole - The Hill's Pundits Blog

Really sad.

The republican opposition has less to do with the content of the treaty and more to a distrust of treaties of this type. You may say it will have no effect on American law, but who really knows?

Treaties like this are nothing but fluff anyway.

Then why not just sign it? I truly don't get their refusal, especially in the face of key interest groups like veterans.

Gotta love it.

Like many Americans..I've admired Bob Dole. It's amazing how far his values are now from the Modern Republican Party.

As one who triumphed over his own war injuries, Bob Dole has long championed the rights of the disabled. Yesterday, fresh out of Walter Reed Hospital, he came to the Senate in his wheelchair to seek the support of his fellow Republicans for the United Nations Disabilities Treaty — which would not make any changes to American law, but merely encourage other nations to grant disabled persons the same opportunities they enjoy here in the United States.

Really sad.

yes. it was.

Gotta love it.

Really sad.

The republican opposition has less to do with the content of the treaty and more to a distrust of treaties of this type. You may say it will have no effect on American law, but who really knows?

the treaty asked other countries to treat the disabled by the same rules contained in our ADA.

it takes years of negotiations to get a treaty to the senate.

they did it as a means of repudiating the president because this GOP puts party before country.

it was an embarrassment.

Gotta love it.

Really sad.

Right, I bet you did,:rolleyes: and you admired McCain too and in 2 years or so you'll say same of Romney:lol:

Hey, wait a minute, I call BS, we you born when Dole ran:eusa_eh:

Gotta love it.

Really sad.

Then why not just sign it? I truly don't get their refusal, especially in the face of key interest groups like veterans.

No..

they don't have our countries best interest in mind

I don't think our veterans have sacrificed what they have for our nation to turn sovereignty over to the UN.

Gotta love it.

Really sad.

Have you bothered to actually read it? The required reports and other bs cost real money, it just provides for more govt jobs that are not needed.

Gotta love it.

Really sad.

the treaty asked other countries to treat the disabled by the same rules contained in our ADA.

they did it as a means of repudiating the president because this GOP puts party before country.

it was an embarrassment.

No, the embarrassment is that this country and standard of living stands on the edge of plunging into the abyss of financial ruin and you and your fellow travelers continue to ignore the fact that if one has $1.00 you can't continue to barrow $2.00. Furthermore that we the people determine our actions and destiny not the United Nations. and your concept of a world government.

Have you bothered to actually read it? The required reports and other bs cost real money, it just provides for more govt jobs that are not needed.

Minimal. We already have laws in place and do pretty much what is in the treaty so providing that info is not a big deal. To use that as an excuse to not ratify it is a real insult to the disabled community - particulary those who's jobs might take them overseas.

This is a Bush Treaty from 2005...LOL The inmates have now officially taken over the GOP. Watch it fall apart now. I see 40 GOP congressmen have now signed a letter saying they CAN support raising rates on the rich.

you've read the treaty?

:lmao:

it was an embarrassment.

No, the embarrassment is that this country and standard of living stands on the edge of plunging into the abyss of financial ruin and you and your fellow travelers continue to ignore the fact that if one has $1.00 you can't continue to barrow $2.00. Furthermore that we the people determine our actions and destiny not the United Nations. and your concept of a world government.

are you insane?

what does handicapped people being treated with dignity around the world have to do with your lies about the economy or with world government. (btw, i have no interest in a "world government"...co-existing with the world and acknowledging that communication, travel and business are interrelated isn't a "world government", it's simply rational thought).

btw, my income is just fine. my stocks are just fine...worth twice what they were (at least) when bush was president... my husband's been promoted twice.... and my family's business is doing just peachy keen (knock wood)

you are the reason there should be IQ tests before people are allowed to vote... and you are the reason the GOP needs to cut loose its wingnuts.

Minimal. We already have laws in place and do pretty much what is in the treaty so providing that info is not a big deal. To use that as an excuse to not ratify it is a real insult to the disabled community - particulary those who's jobs might take them overseas.

So you haven't read it. Try doing so: Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities

Forum List

Back