Senate Republicans publicly repudiate Bob Dole

If anything, this particular treaty, is a projection of the US ideal.

Which..republicans are steadfast in opposing.

All republicans want to project is military might.

That's it.

Kill em all.

Let "god" sort em out.

I don't see any advantage in us in ceding law making authority to an unelected international court of bureaucrats who, quite frankly, don't care for us very much. I find it to be a very slippery slope.

Somehow this is supposedly the compassionate thing to do. I dont see how making bad laws is compassionate for anyone.

Bob Dole is one of those entitlement Americans that Romney spoke of; Bob Dole was entitled to disability compensation, VA hospitalization and so on. Dole was the very kind of American that the Romney's and new GOP hate. They believe the Dole's of America ruin the profits of American businessmen. The problem is Bob Dole lived long enough to see his party change into what they are today. Wonder if Mitch McConnel even spoke to him?

Bob Dole is one of those entitlement Americans that Romney spoke of; Bob Dole was entitled to disability compensation, VA hospitalization and so on. Dole was the very kind of American that the Romney's and new GOP hate. They believe the Dole's of America ruin the profits of American businessmen. The problem is Bob Dole lived long enough to see his party change into what they are today. Wonder if Mitch McConnel even spoke to him?

The election is over. You can stop lying about Romney.

Dole earned what he gets in the service of the country. He is also a taxpayer. Dole is, and has been in the service of his country most of his life. The GOP disapproves of a perpetually entitled class of parasites.

Only a witless hack would contest that his benefits are entitlements.

Treaties like this are nothing but fluff anyway.

Not if you're a handicapped vet who works overseas.

hand over sovereignty

ceding law making authority to an unelected international court

Where do rw's GET this stuff?

Seriously. That's my question. Please post a link to evidence of these two outrageous statements.

Thank you.

I think the fits sentence in bloggers piece says it all they are a life long proud democrat so maybe they respect Dole maybe not but I doubt they have or would ever want to be a member of the republican party and I bet they have no problem with the mean nasty members of the democratic party.

If anything, this particular treaty, is a projection of the US ideal.

Which..republicans are steadfast in opposing.

All republicans want to project is military might.

That's it.

Kill em all.

Let "god" sort em out.

I don't see any advantage in us in ceding law making authority to an unelected international court of bureaucrats who, quite frankly, don't care for us very much. I find it to be a very slippery slope.

Somehow this is supposedly the compassionate thing to do. I dont see how making bad laws is compassionate for anyone.

Oh, I didn't know you have done all that much international travel in a wheelchair.

Romney will, for a time, be the poster boy of the Republican party. If Romney is not the leader of the party who is?

Romney will, for a time, be the poster boy of the Republican party. If Romney is not the leader of the party who is?

Nobody.

And, Romney never was. The party didn't back him anymore than the people did.

He's the poster boy for how to lose an election.

Dole earned what he gets in the service of the country. He is also a taxpayer. Dole is, and has been in the service of his country most of his life. The GOP disapproves of a perpetually entitled class of parasites.

Is Dole entitled to his compensation by law? If so, his compensation is an entitlement.

We have the law (ADA) on our books. What right or result would you anticipate this treaty will provide? Who are we to dictate to other country's?

As for Bob Dole, the era of expanding government and programs for the sole purpose of legitimizing it's very existence has past. We are where we are today as a result of such narrow minded representatives who failed to realize the consequences of their actions. So Bob, what do you think about insolvency now? a myth?

Gotta love it.

Like many Americans..I've admired Bob Dole. It's amazing how far his values are now from the Modern Republican Party.

As one who triumphed over his own war injuries, Bob Dole has long championed the rights of the disabled. Yesterday, fresh out of Walter Reed Hospital, he came to the Senate in his wheelchair to seek the support of his fellow Republicans for the United Nations Disabilities Treaty — which would not make any changes to American law, but merely encourage other nations to grant disabled persons the same opportunities they enjoy here in the United States.

Really sad.

I am all for helping disabled people where we can....but I don't like the US signing international treaties unless they are absolutely necessary, and this was not necessary. I actually think sometimes the whole "disabled rights" thing goes to far and this may have if we let it. There are many law suits that happen today because of all these so-called "rights".

Disability laws in the US actually cause higher unemployment for the disabled because employers are less likely to hire them for fear they will be sued later after they employed. If there is something about the office that is not 100% disabled friendly they could get sued. They may get sued if they try and fire a disabled person who is not doing a good job.

The Americans with Disabilities Act was supposed to among many other things help increase employment for people with disabilities. The reality - some twenty years later there is no increase in employment for the disabled, and in many cases employment has decreased for them.

I would post a url for this - but I am a newbie to this forum site and have to do a few more posts before the let me post urls. You can google for an article by Julie Hofius who is disabled - the title is "How the ADA Handicaps Me"

Seems like the whackjob home schooling radio etc have a lot of power, and the UN would run the country. The GOP is now officially a worldwide laughingstock and horror LOL...

I've admired Bob Dole

Yeah, I'm sure you had wonderful things to say about him when he was running for president.

I did.

And that was an election where I didn't worry if he won.

While I admired Dole, I thought the nation would be better served with Clinton as President. One can admire a man and still accept that there is someone else better suited to lead the nation.

That is the one thing that is so lacking in the 'Conservative' world view. Anybody is a view not in lockstep with them is automatically the enemy, and vilefied, no matter what their previous service to the nation. There is no room in their world for an honorable opponent. No room for the loyal opposition. Just look at how disloyal they truly are. The majority of citizens decide the present President should be retained. And now these "Patriots" are talking succession. For shame.

Seems like the whackjob home schooling radio etc have a lot of power, and the UN would run the country. The GOP is now officially a worldwide laughingstock and horror LOL...

You keep saying that, but it doesnt really ever end up being true.

Bullshit. A major component of Romney's 47% are our enlisted people. And, while Dole was able to make a success of his life in spite of the physical disabilites from his wounds, we now have an entirely new class of wounded to deal with from these last two wars. Major brain trauma from IEDs is a lot more difficult to overcome than the type of wounds we have seen in previous wars. We put them there, and we owe it to them to take care of their needs for the rest of their lives if they cannot recover from the trauma recieved in the service of our nation.

These are the very people that those like Ryan and Nugent would cut off.

Bullshit. A major component of Romney's 47% are our enlisted people. And, while Dole was able to make a success of his life in spite of the physical disabilites from his wounds, we now have an entirely new class of wounded to deal with from these last two wars. Major brain trauma from IEDs is a lot more difficult to overcome than the type of wounds we have seen in previous wars. We put them there, and we owe it to them to take care of their needs for the rest of their lives if they cannot recover from the trauma recieved in the service of our nation.

These are the very people that those like Ryan and Nugent would cut off.

Again. The election is over. You can stop lying.

Gotta love it.

Like many Americans..I've admired Bob Dole. It's amazing how far his values are now from the Modern Republican Party.

As one who triumphed over his own war injuries, Bob Dole has long championed the rights of the disabled. Yesterday, fresh out of Walter Reed Hospital, he came to the Senate in his wheelchair to seek the support of his fellow Republicans for the United Nations Disabilities Treaty — which would not make any changes to American law, but merely encourage other nations to grant disabled persons the same opportunities they enjoy here in the United States.
Senate Republicans publicly repudiate Bob Dole - The Hill's Pundits Blog

Really sad.

omg sallow, really..
the damn thing didn't pass so try and get some sleep tonight if you can..good grief

Gotta love it.

Senate Republicans publicly repudiate Bob Dole - The Hill's Pundits Blog

Really sad.

What is in this treaty that benefits the US? Tell us specifically why it's "Really sad"?

when did we start bowing down to the UN?

oh wait, when Obama got elected...Democrats seems to care more about the UN's agenda than ours

selling you out folks,

Last edited:

Forum List

Back