Senate Republicans publicly repudiate Bob Dole

Sallow

The Big Bad Wolf.
Oct 4, 2010
New York City
Gotta love it.

Like many Americans..I've admired Bob Dole. It's amazing how far his values are now from the Modern Republican Party.

As one who triumphed over his own war injuries, Bob Dole has long championed the rights of the disabled. Yesterday, fresh out of Walter Reed Hospital, he came to the Senate in his wheelchair to seek the support of his fellow Republicans for the United Nations Disabilities Treaty — which would not make any changes to American law, but merely encourage other nations to grant disabled persons the same opportunities they enjoy here in the United States.
Senate Republicans publicly repudiate Bob Dole - The Hill's Pundits Blog

Really sad.

Gotta love it.

Like many Americans..I've admired Bob Dole. It's amazing how far his values are now from the Modern Republican Party.

As one who triumphed over his own war injuries, Bob Dole has long championed the rights of the disabled. Yesterday, fresh out of Walter Reed Hospital, he came to the Senate in his wheelchair to seek the support of his fellow Republicans for the United Nations Disabilities Treaty — which would not make any changes to American law, but merely encourage other nations to grant disabled persons the same opportunities they enjoy here in the United States.

Really sad.

The republican opposition has less to do with the content of the treaty and more to a distrust of treaties of this type. You may say it will have no effect on American law, but who really knows?

Treaties like this are nothing but fluff anyway.

Gotta love it.

Really sad.

The republican opposition has less to do with the content of the treaty and more to a distrust of treaties of this type. You may say it will have no effect on American law, but who really knows?

Ironic post is ironic.

Gotta love it.

Really sad.

They repudiated a bogus U.N. Treaty. They didn't repudiate Bob Dole. Furthermore Bob Dole was known as "the tax collector for the welfare state" for a reason, so it's no water off my back if Senate Republicans did indeed "repudiate" him.

Gotta love it.

Really sad.

Wow Bob Dole is about as relevant as tits on a fucking bull.

And in breaking news, the dinosaurs are extinct.

Gotta love it.

Really sad.

Ironic post is ironic.

They are fluff that can be used to browbeat a country via media outlets, and overall lead to nothing but litigation. There I explained it for you.

They are propoganda exercises, nothing more, and like most UN crap, are used by the very countries violating them to castigate those countries that are actually trying to follow the spirit of the treaties. Just look at the UN human rights council for an example of this.

Gotta love it.

Really sad.

Wow Bob Dole is about as relevant as tits on a fucking bull.

And in breaking news, the dinosaurs are extinct.

Well yeah..now he is.

Bob Dole was a fiscally conservative, socially liberal Republican. Oh..and he was a patriot and a Republican vet.

In other words..a Dinosaur.

Ironic post is ironic.

They are fluff that can be used to browbeat a country via media outlets, and overall lead to nothing but litigation. There I explained it for you.

They are propoganda exercises, nothing more, and like most UN crap, are used by the very countries violating them to castigate those countries that are actually trying to follow the spirit of the treaties. Just look at the UN human rights council for an example of this.

If anything, this particular treaty, is a projection of the US ideal.

Which..republicans are steadfast in opposing.

All republicans want to project is military might.

That's it.

Kill em all.

Let "god" sort em out.

Some tea party whackjobs opposed this UN Treaty, and, as usual, came up with some whackjob reasons for their opposition. Something about how the handicap treaty will force home schoolers to...I don't know what. I just don't have the capacity to comprehend that kind of profound retardation. This is some real tin foil hat shit.

At the same time, those who favor the treaty responded to the whackjobs (their first mistake) by saying the treaty has no enforcement provisions.

Um. If a treaty has no enforcement provisions, then what the fuck is it for?

Ironic post is ironic.

That's it.

Kill em all.

Let "god" sort em out.

Then other countries are free to follow our lead. We dont need a treaty for that to happen.

Democrats are big fans of war as well, or did you forget, Wilson, Roosevelt, Truman and LBJ

Gotta love it.

Really sad.

Exactly why he is not liked by conservatives.

So now we are supposedly to blindly support bad law because Bob Dole supports it?

Sorry. Im going to evaluate it on it's merits.

Ironic post is ironic.

That's it.

Kill em all.

Let "god" sort em out.

The US ideal is to hand over sovereignty from elected officials that are accountable to the people to UN Bureaucrats that aren't accountable to anything we do or say, to regulate and enforce laws that we don't need because we already have them?

Please clarify. What is this US ideal that you think is epitimized in this treaty?

That's it.

Kill em all.

Let "god" sort em out.

I don't see any advantage in us in ceding law making authority to an unelected international court of bureaucrats who, quite frankly, don't care for us very much. I find it to be a very slippery slope.

Forum List

Back