Senate Republicans block BP investigation

I like how you like to rewrite history. The President refused and continues to refuse financial contributions that come from big business, specifically the oil companies who despise him for the potential capital gains taxes coming their way for their ill gotten gains.

What a short memory we have, huh? When people were paying outrageous prices at the pump, Exxon Mobil and BP were making record profits, benefiting from a war started by a man named Bush, who invested heavily in both companies.

Furthermore, Exxon and BP were the main campaign contributors to John McCain's presidential and recent Senate re election efforts.

I absolutely guarantee you that if a Republican were President,, BP would not be required to pay any fines at all, because, honestly, that's what happened with the slap on the wrist to Exxon back in the day when a Republican was the President.

Now, I don't think BP alone is to blame. Halliburton helped construct that faulty rig and low and behold, just two weeks before the gulf spill, they bought up the clean up company that cleans up such spills. A coincidence, I think not.

So please, if any politicians need to be investigated, their names are George Bush and Dick Cheney. These people always seem to profit from disasters and the misery of others.

They should investigate this Administration instead. Who took the most cash from BP of any politician in America? Drum Roll please...Hopey Changey Barack Obama! A dirty little secret the corrupt MSM has of course refused to discuss. Hopefully the Republicans will regain some power in November and begin to really investigate that awful Oil Spill mess. So far it has all been a Democrat White Wash. If you investigate BP you must also investigate this White House. The Democrats are just trying to deflect everything on BP to cover for their own shocking incompetence. Wait til after November and then investigate both BP and this White House. I'm good with that approach.

I like how you like to rewrite history. The President refused and continues to refuse financial contributions that come from big business, specifically the oil companies who despise him for the potential capital gains taxes coming their way for their ill gotten gains.

What a short memory we have, huh? When people were paying outrageous prices at the pump, Exxon Mobil and BP were making record profits, benefiting from a war started by a man named Bush, who invested heavily in both companies.

Furthermore, Exxon and BP were the main campaign contributors to John McCain's presidential and recent Senate re election efforts.

I absolutely guarantee you that if a Republican were President,, BP would not be required to pay any fines at all, because, honestly, that's what happened with the slap on the wrist to Exxon back in the day when a Republican was the President.

Now, I don't think BP alone is to blame. Halliburton helped construct that faulty rig and low and behold, just two weeks before the gulf spill, they bought up the clean up company that cleans up such spills. A coincidence, I think not.

So please, if any politicians need to be investigated, their names are George Bush and Dick Cheney. These people always seem to profit from disasters and the misery of others.
LIAR

Deepwater Horizon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They should investigate this Administration instead. Who took the most cash from BP of any politician in America? Drum Roll please...Hopey Changey Barack Obama! A dirty little secret the corrupt MSM has of course refused to discuss. Hopefully the Republicans will regain some power in November and begin to really investigate that awful Oil Spill mess. So far it has all been a Democrat White Wash. If you investigate BP you must also investigate this White House. The Democrats are just trying to deflect everything on BP to cover for their own shocking incompetence. Wait til after November and then investigate both BP and this White House. I'm good with that approach.

FactCheck.org: Obama's Oil Spill

Obama says he doesn't take money from oil companies. We say that's a little too slick.
Summary. In a new ad, Obama says, "I don’t take money from oil companies."

Technically, that's true, since a law that has been on the books for more than a century prohibits corporations from giving money directly to any federal candidate. But that doesn’t distinguish Obama from his rivals in the race.

We find the statement misleading:
Obama has accepted more than $213,000 from individuals who work for companies in the oil and gas industry and their spouses.

Two of Obama's bundlers are top executives at oil companies and are listed on his Web site as raising between $50,000 and $100,000 for the presidential hopeful.

You know what would be cool, Perry? It would be cool if you knew what you were talking about before you make yourself look like an idiot.

[Emphasis added] As Halliburton IS in the oil business, of course it's no coincidence. In fact, Halliburton started in containment and abatement of oil field disasters, and that continues to be one of their specialty operations.

Apparently, you just pull crap from your butt and post it thinking no one will know the difference. See, the nice thing about providing sources for one's assertions is that you not only do the intelligent thing, but you keep yourself from looking like an idiot.

And this surprises you how? Remember the butt head from Texas (and yes, I know there are a lot of them) that used his hearing time to apologize to BP. It seems he was the only repug being honest.

Forum List

Back