Senate Report on Russian 2016 Misinformation Campaign

georgephillip

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2009
Los Angeles, California
Senate-commissioned reports show scale of Russian misinformation campaign

"Two outside research groups used data obtained from Silicon Valley giants by the Senate Intelligence Committee to paint a sweeping picture of Russia’s online disinformation efforts both before and after the 2016 presidential election in reports released Monday...."

"The groups’ findings bolster the public’s understanding of the Russian campaign and provide new details on how it operated:

• The Internet Research Agency troll farm focused much of its attention on black audiences, creating 'an expansive cross-platform media mirage targeting the Black community, which shared and cross-promoted authentic Black media to create an immersive influence ecosystem,' per the New Knowledge report. The group’s cultivation of sometimes-unsuspecting on-the-ground collaborators was 'substantially more pronounced on Black-targeted accounts.'"
  • It engaged in voter suppression. New Knowledge said that 'the suppression narratives were targeted almost exclusively at the Black community on Instagram and Facebook' in the lead-up to the 2016 election. The IRA simultaneously targeted right-leaning audiences with content raising fears of voter fraud."
Sure, it doesn't rival US meddling in the 1996 Russian presidential election, but it is more evidence Putin personally ordered an influence campaign to bury Clinton and undermine public faith in the US democratic process.

What can we expect in 2020?

If that's true, it's a good thing.

Who the hell would want Hillary in the White House, anyway? No way in hell would I have voted for her, and I knew that long before the campaigns even started.

Who the hell would want Hillary in the White House, anyway? No way in hell would I have voted for her, and I knew that long before the campaigns even started.

So its a good thing that the Russians interfered with our election?

Wow.

Wow.

Personally? I don't give a crap one way or the other. I had my mind made up way before the election, and it wasn't the HIldebeast.

My opinions are impervious to whatever some beet-eating vodka-swilling Ivan thinks.

I didn't vote for Clinton or Trump, and I think it's possible most Americans will be better off with four years of Trump compared to eight years with Clinton in the White House.

How would your opinions of Russian meddling change if Putin had conspired against Trump instead of Clinton?

I didn't vote for Clinton or Trump, and I think it's possible most Americans will be better off with four years of Trump compared to eight years with Clinton in the White House.

How would your opinions of Russian meddling change if Putin had conspired against Trump instead of Clinton?

It doesn't matter who they conspired against because actually, they conspired against both of them.

But the best man won. On his own. With no help.

Wow.

How many Dems voted for Trump because of Russians?

How many dems didn't vote because of the Russian propoganda and misinformation campaign?

It doesn't matter who they conspired against because actually, they conspired against both of them.

But the best man won. On his own. With no help.

That's not what the report says at all. The review of the Russian attack shows that the Russians were definitely trying to aid Trump. And discourage Hillary voters from going to the polls.

Wow.

That doesn't speak very well for Democrats. If their minds are made of putty and they're so easily swayed, I mean.

:laughing0301:

Senate-commissioned reports show scale of Russian misinformation campaign

"Two outside research groups used data obtained from Silicon Valley giants by the Senate Intelligence Committee to paint a sweeping picture of Russia’s online disinformation efforts both before and after the 2016 presidential election in reports released Monday...."

"The groups’ findings bolster the public’s understanding of the Russian campaign and provide new details on how it operated:

• The Internet Research Agency troll farm focused much of its attention on black audiences, creating 'an expansive cross-platform media mirage targeting the Black community, which shared and cross-promoted authentic Black media to create an immersive influence ecosystem,' per the New Knowledge report. The group’s cultivation of sometimes-unsuspecting on-the-ground collaborators was 'substantially more pronounced on Black-targeted accounts.'"
  • It engaged in voter suppression. New Knowledge said that 'the suppression narratives were targeted almost exclusively at the Black community on Instagram and Facebook' in the lead-up to the 2016 election. The IRA simultaneously targeted right-leaning audiences with content raising fears of voter fraud."
Sure, it doesn't rival US meddling in the 1996 Russian presidential election, but it is more evidence Putin personally ordered an influence campaign to bury Clinton and undermine public faith in the US democratic process.

What can we expect in 2020?
I am still surprised at the idiots here who think Russia meddled in the US elections, but when Obama meddled in the Israel elections, no one was supposed to notice? Only liberals are the most stupid people in the universe. With moderates a close second.

Wow.

How many dems didn't vote because of the Russian propoganda and misinformation campaign?

It's awful when Dem corruption is exposed, eh?

The outcome isn't to help this or that candidate, it's to sow mistrust of the system overall....The Russians also funded both pro-Trump and anti-Trump rallies after the election.

Wow.

So are you saying Democrats are stupid ?

This makes you a traitor.^

Wow.

It wasn't dems that elected the man that the Russian government was attacking the United States to help elect.

Wow.

It wasn't dems that elected the man that the Russian government was attacking the United States to help elect.

?

You just told us democrats are stupid and swayed by memes, don't you find that to be embarrassing?

Wow.

?

You just told us democrats are stupid and swayed by memes, don't you find that to be embarrassing?

Actually, I asked how many dems didn't vote because of the Russian propoganda and misinformation campaign.

Try again, this time reading for comprehension. And if you need a little help, I'll walk you through the use of the question mark.

?

Actually, I asked how many dems didn't vote because of the Russian propoganda and misinformation campaign.

Try again, this time reading for comprehension.

Wait so you think Russian propaganda is some how worse then US propaganda?

What is the difference????

?

Try again, this time reading for comprehension.

Wait so you think Russian propaganda is some how worse then US propaganda?

What is the difference????

Wow. So much for your 'dems are stuipid and swayed by memes' claim.

It really doesn't take much to run you off, does it?

Forum List

Back