Senate REJECTS Both Public Option Amendments

You'd think someone named veritas would be concerned about the truth rather than casting insults about.

Avitar, with your behavior here, think very carefully the next time you get asked the "having you been dealing honestly with other persons in all of your dealings" question.

haha. that's a riot. So I'm dishonest because I point out the illogic of Ravi's position? How amusing.

Maybe you should repent and come to Christ, and worry about your own Eternal destiny, and Ill worry about mine.

I know it's tough to have this pointed out to you, but you are being a desperate hypocrite with what you are doing. You are projecting the failures of your position onto others. Christ knows His own, and He expects you to act like one of His children. Please do so.

oh geez, here we go with the DOG stuff. I was going to remark that we just fell upon Penicillin in 1928.....but then I figure you're a lost cause anyway and why bother with the whole time line of civilization thing......because you're a moron with the 10,000 year schtick......call me jaded.

They tackled the BIG issue. Now they can solve the problems MOST Americans are concerned about.

What a relief.

This should definitely put an end to any talk of a public option as the senate has to approve anything the house passes. However, we are going to see the democrats go to blows over this and in the end, there might be nothing reformed because of the up and coming fight over this. REMEMBER republicans can't do anything to stop this monstrosity because the dems control the house, the senate and the Presidency. They can pass everything without one single republican vote. :evil:

oh geez, here we go with the DOG stuff. I was going to remark that we just fell upon Penicillin in 1928.....but then I figure you're a lost cause anyway and why bother with the whole time line of civilization thing......because you're a moron with the 10,000 year schtick......call me jaded.

Still cant deal with the fact that Ravi was wrong can you? The Public Option is not the only way. The very fact that we don't have one now demonstrates the very assurdity of the position you guys are trying to defend.

Apparently I'm a dishonest moron for pointing that out. And for pointing out that someone who actually cared about the truth wouldnt make or defend such absurd statements.

I suppose that you are also someone who assumes that civilization doesnt devolve or degrade? You think we come up with nothing but good and better ideas on ways to improve society and those idiots in the past had no idea what they were doing. We should just change everything without ever questioning why things were set up the way they were to begin with.

And we should just ignore that Constitution. What's it really matter anyway? We can do better than our Founders ever could.

Wisdom and history has repeatedly shown us that giving government too much power ends in nothing but corruption and death. Quite frankly, I dont want to be destroyed. I dont want my family to be destroyed. And honestly, despite the fact that you and your compatriots have done nothing but insult me for speaking the truth, I dont want you to destroy yourselves either.

People who refuse to learn from history are doomed to repeat it. Well, we will see that soon enough.

They tackled the BIG issue. Now they can solve the problems MOST Americans are concerned about.

What a relief.

DITTO--maybe our government "who couldn't run a lemoniad stand without driving it into bankruptsy" have heard the American public.

We're sick & tired of THEM--regardless of party. When the majority of Americans feel that they can pick a name out of a phone book & that "anyone" will do a better job than our elected officials--HEY--this congress has a s.... load of problems.---:clap2:

I suppose that you are also someone who assumes that civilization doesnt devolve or degrade? You think we come up with nothing but good and better ideas on ways to improve society and those idiots in the past had no idea what they were doing. We should just change everything without ever questioning why things were set up the way they were to begin with.

Devolution, huh? That presupposes its opposite, does it not? You DOG types don't believe in evolution. You're devolving as we sit here. Let's not change or improve so we can all devolve to where we used to be because nothing ever gets better and tradition is more important than knowledge because it makes you feel better.........geometric progression is a lie!! A lie I tell you!!!

Luddite.

What a relief.

This should definitely put an end to any talk of a public option as the senate has to approve anything the house passes. However, we are going to see the democrats go to blows over this and in the end, there might be nothing reformed because of the up and coming fight over this. REMEMBER republicans can't do anything to stop this monstrosity because the dems control the house, the senate and the Presidency. They can pass everything without one single republican vote. :evil:

No, it will not put an end to the public option. But it may very well put an end to some Blue Dog Democratic careers. Time to get tough with the people that prefer the Insurance company money to the public good.

If pre existing conditions are covered If sick people don't get kicked out If premiums go down because of intra state competition and tort reform, you guys still won't be happy will ya? Who is "anti - reform"?

If pre existing conditions are covered If sick people don't get kicked out If premiums go down because of intra state competition and tort reform, you guys still won't be happy will ya? Who is "anti - reform"?

If the tooth fairy starts shitting me gold coins I'll be happy too.
But what you have outlined is an unsustainable impossible scenario, a "free lunch."
And in any case tort reform is off the table. Obama said so himself in a speech to doctors (where he was booed) about 3 months ago.
The problem is not that anyone is against reform. It is that the conservatives are against the kinds of "reforms" the Congress (Obama has no plan) is pushing. The solution to the problems is well known but politicially it won't be enacted under this administration.

Can the insurance companies print money out of thin air like the Obama administration can?

Can the insurance companies send IRS goons to loot and plunder like the Obama administration can?

Senate Finance Committee Rejects Both Public Option Amendments

By William Branigin

Washington Post Staff Writer

Tuesday, September 29, 2009; 4:50 PM

The Senate Finance Committee on Tuesday rejected two Democratic amendments that would have created a government-run "public option" as part an overhaul of the nation's health-insurance system, with the panel's chairman bowing to staunch Republican opposition that he said would prevent final passage of a bill containing such a provision

Again--REPUBLICANS cannot stop anything that comes out of this congress & White House. Democrats own a more than 2 to 1 majority in the house & they have a filibuster proof senate. The DEMOCRAT senate has voted against any public option--& Nancy Pelosi has already stated that the DEMOCRAT house will not approve of any health care bill that does not include a public option.

In essense--This nation elected a bunch of liberal democrats who are fighting with more moderate democrats.

$obama-vs-blue-dogs.gif

By William Branigin

The Senate Finance Committee on Tuesday rejected two Democratic amendments that would have created a government-run "public option" as part an overhaul of the nation's health-insurance system, with the panel's chairman bowing to staunch Republican opposition that he said would prevent final passage of a bill containing such a provision

Again--REPUBLICANS cannot stop anything that comes out of this congress & White House. Democrats own a more than 2 to 1 majority in the house & they have a filibuster proof senate. The DEMOCRAT senate has voted against any public option--& Nancy Pelosi has already stated that the DEMOCRAT house will not approve of any health care bill that does not include a public option.

In essense--This nation elected a bunch of liberal democrats who are fighting with more moderate democrats.

View attachment 8292

Exactly.
Who does the left think they are fooling when they say things like(from the OP) "...with the panel's chairman bowing to staunch Republican opposition that he said would prevent final passage of a bill containing such a provision.."?

The republicans can't stop anything. The responsibility lies with the Dems, and them not being able to agree on anything themselves is nobodys fault but their own.
The bottom line is that the Dems don't even know what they want.

By William Branigin

View attachment 8292

Exactly.
Who does the left think they are fooling when they say things like(from the OP) "...with the panel's chairman bowing to staunch Republican opposition that he said would prevent final passage of a bill containing such a provision.."?

The republicans can't stop anything. The responsibility lies with the Dems, and them not being able to agree on anything themselves is nobodys fault but their own.
The bottom line is that the Dems don't even know what they want.

The Obama Borg even forget that the Dems were in control even during Bush.

If the tooth fairy starts shitting me gold coins I'll be happy too.
But what you have outlined is an unsustainable impossible scenario, a "free lunch."
And in any case tort reform is off the table. Obama said so himself in a speech to doctors (where he was booed) about 3 months ago.
The problem is not that anyone is against reform. It is that the conservatives are against the kinds of "reforms" the Congress (Obama has no plan) is pushing. The solution to the problems is well known but politicially it won't be enacted under this administration.

Obama didn't say tort reform is off the table. In the speech you're referring to, he said he opposed blanket cap on malpractice lawsuits. Tort reform is a red herring anyway though. Many states have enacted it and it's done nothing to reduce costs.

Forum List

Back