Senate ready for symbolic showdown on tax cuts

LilOlLady

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2009
Reno, NV
If the two sides don't compromise, a massive $600 billion in tax increases and spending cuts for 2013 would be triggered automatically in January — the so-called fiscal cliff, which analysts say would jar the already weak economy.
Mostly following President Barack Obama's proposal, the Democratic bill would continue Bush-era tax cuts for everyone except individuals making at least $200,000 yearly and couples earning more than $250,000.
Senate ready for symbolic showdown on tax cuts - Yahoo! News

Do Tax Cuts Create Jobs?
The answer appears to be no for companies big and small. After all, U.S. public companies pay well-below the official 35% tax rate while 13.5 million American workers search unsuccessfully for jobs And start ups tell me that tax cuts don’t affect whether they’ll create new jobs. In short, the tax cut rhetoric, while effective politics, is lousy economics.
George H. W. Bush wisely pointed out in his 1980 debate with Ronald Reagan that
expecting to balance the budget with tax cuts and defense spending increases was “voodoo economics.”
As Dick Cheney famously pointed out — deficits don’t matter.Do Tax Cuts Create Jobs? - Forbes

Obama says we need to pay more .....what is the problem ?

How will government build our businesses ?

Where are the jobs that Bush tax cuts were supposed to create? That contributed to 8.2% unemployment? Only at 8.2% because of policies Obama put into place dispite RRWE opposition.

Anyone know who came up the this magic number of 250,000?

And anyone want to guess how small businesses that will hit?

they don't care as long as they can raise taxes

Obama says we need to pay more .....what is the problem ?

How will government build our businesses ?

I got a feeling the "we" do not include you.
Build you own business. Since YOU want government out of your life. Government small business low interest loans and grants and bail out loans? If you insist.

My daughter's non-profit business thrives on grants. Just got a $200,000 grant with no strings attach that pays here $40,000 a years. Part time at home work. Non pofit orgazination similar to Families Ties where she use to work. WARC that put lots of disable children to work. Get the message now?
She and other employees pay taxes.

Last edited:
If the two sides don't compromise, a massive $600 billion in tax increases and spending cuts for 2013 would be triggered automatically in January — the so-called fiscal cliff, which analysts say would jar the already weak economy.
Mostly following President Barack Obama's proposal, the Democratic bill would continue Bush-era tax cuts for everyone except individuals making at least $200,000 yearly and couples earning more than $250,000.

Do Tax Cuts Create Jobs?
The answer appears to be no for companies big and small. After all, U.S. public companies pay well-below the official 35% tax rate while 13.5 million American workers search unsuccessfully for jobs And start ups tell me that tax cuts don’t affect whether they’ll create new jobs. In short, the tax cut rhetoric, while effective politics, is lousy economics.
expecting to balance the budget with tax cuts and defense spending increases was “voodoo economics.”
As Dick Cheney famously pointed out — deficits don’t matter.Do Tax Cuts Create Jobs? - Forbes

I'm fearful that the GOP will simply not wish to compromise after not getting the White House in November. And the cuts in the budget brought about by the super committee's failure to reach a consensus will take place. Most of those will be on the bloated defense side of the ledger. The tax increases will hit at the same time as well. It will effect some more than others.

In the end, it's a lot of pain for not a lot of progress. But progress none the less.

Part time work earns her 40 grand a year. WOW So she still needs other peoples money to fund her business then right??

Such a deal for her. Not so good for the taxpayers.

I got the message. Your daughter is a freeloader.

Do Tax Cuts Create Jobs?

I'm fearful that the GOP will simply not wish to compromise after not getting the White House in November. And the cuts in the budget brought about by the super committee's failure to reach a consensus will take place. Most of those will be on the bloated defense side of the ledger. The tax increases will hit at the same time as well. It will effect some more than others.

In the end, it's a lot of pain for not a lot of progress. But progress none the less.

Who gives a fuck where Obama was born at this time? :eusa_boohoo:

My daughter's non-profit business thrives on grants. Just got a $200,000 grant with no strings attach that pays here $40,000 a years. Part time at home work. Non pofit orgazination similar to Families Ties where she use to work. WARC that put lots of disable children to work. Get the message now?

Volunteer orgs = no need for tax payers to spend $200,000 for someone to skim nearly a 1/4 of the tax paid grant for personal profit.

Volunteer orgs = no need for tax payers to spend $200,000 for someone to skim nearly a 1/4 of the tax paid grant for personal profit.

Yup. See my above post.

Her daughter is a freeloader making 40 grand of taxpayer money. Part time no less.

Freeloader plus.

I got a feeling the "we" do not include you.
Build you own business. Since YOU want government out of your life. Government small business low interest loans and grants and bail out loans? If you insist.

Is the message that your daughter is a useless tick sucking off the ass of society?

Forum List

Back