Senate reaches fiscal cliff deal

FA_Q2

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2009
Washington State
Obama, Senate Republicans reach agreement on ‘fiscal cliff’ - The Washington Post

So here we are. 'Balanced' approach my ass...

Tax increases have been given to those over 400K/450K and for those under, tax breaks have been adjusted (though it seems the EIC credit has been renewed) and spending cuts? Nowhere to be seen. Sequestration has been put off until march so they can do this whole thing over again as if a few more months is somehow going to change anything considering they have known about this issue for many months already.

It seems that the house is likely to pass the bill as is this afternoon.

Is anyone else felling like this is just going to be another crap shoot?

Here's hoping the house shoots it down and insists on major INSTANT cuts.

Won't happen.

They need to do something because the average person really does not care until he has to pay more. The INSTANT that people see their taxes raised all hell will break loose. In that light, congress is not going to do a damn thing. They are going to pass whatever crap gets passed around and simply put off the real work until the country crumbles around them.

89 senators voted for this. 89....

The republicans are finally listening to the raise taxes on everyone but ME crowd.

Won't happen.

They need to do something because the average person really does not care until he has to pay more. The INSTANT that people see their taxes raised all hell will break loose. In that light, congress is not going to do a damn thing. They are going to pass whatever crap gets passed around and simply put off the real work until the country crumbles around them.

The republicans are finally listening to the raise taxes on everyone but ME crowd.
They don't give a fuck, as long as they save their holy sacrament of Pentagon spending.

Can't believe people still need a picture drawn for them.

How is it some of you right wingers say.......blame Obama. How many republicans have voted to anything Obama has tried to pass. Remember they track congressional voting.

Won't happen.

I keep saying that no one will care about Obamacare until health benefits are taxed to pay for it.

Then there will be major bitching and screaming.

BTW,

I'm all for the tax proposals, just where are the spending cuts?

Totally agree. This "honor among thieves" bullshit between senators is bullshit. I want to see $3 in cuts for every $1 in tax increases, up front, not TBD.

All Congress needs to do is vote it down, and then add spending cuts. I also like the "one cent solution" and Simpson-Bowles". Not generally a big fan of Senator Lindsay graham, but he is talking tough. Now we need Boehner to drop the hammer of reality in a timely manner.

How is it some of you right wingers say.......blame Obama. How many republicans have voted to anything Obama has tried to pass. Remember they track congressional voting.

Shut up already with the PARTISAN crap.. so sick of it.. THEY ALL STINK, GET IT?? Every last one of them!

How do you justify Obama's voting record as a senator being the photo-negative of his current positions? I prefer my elected officials to not use etch-a-sketch on their positions.

Totally agree. This "honor among thieves" bullshit between senators is bullshit. I want to see $3 in cuts for every $1 in tax increases, up front, not TBD.

All Congress needs to do is vote it down, and then add spending cuts. I also like the "one cent solution" and Simpson-Bowles". Not generally a big fan of Senator Lindsay graham, but he is talking tough. Now we need Boehner to drop the hammer of reality in a timely manner.

Here is the problem. Democrats offered a 9/1 spending cut to raise new rev. The republicans turned it down. Obama should go 1/1. Also I thought republicans looked at grease and said austerity looks good to me, if that's the case why complain if we went off the cliff and never went back. On another note. About taxes. Obama had said 250k a year or more meant you were rich, republicans then shot out 1 million. Obama came back with 450k, at that point the republicans walked away from the table. It's not Obama who is UN willing to compromise.

Here is the problem. Democrats offered a 9/1 spending cut to raise new rev.
The republicans turned it down. Obama should go 1/1. Also I thought republicans looked at grease and said austerity looks good to me, if that's the case why complain if we went off the cliff and never went back. On another note. About taxes. Obama had said 250k a year or more meant you were rich, republicans then shot out 1 million. Obama came back with 450k, at that point the republicans walked away from the table. It's not Obama who is UN willing to compromise.
Link or it didn't happen.

Gotta love how the far lefties cling on to the notion that a reduction of an increase is a cut...

I was going to spend $10 more a week on beer above the $50 I spend now... I will instead spend $9 more a week each year for the next 10 years... I just cut spending by $10 :rolleyes:

Cuts are impossible while the media and American public allow the Democraps to keep spending like drunken sailors.

The GOP just needs to suck it up by passing this crap bill and blame the Democraps for the fallout.

When the markets still crash tomorrow after the bill passes today.....the GOP need to tell the American public the Demcraps don't want to stop driving the car off the cliff and to vote them out in 2014 or else we're doomed.

Here is the problem. Democrats offered a 9/1 spending cut to raise new rev.
The republicans turned it down. Obama should go 1/1. Also I thought republicans looked at grease and said austerity looks good to me, if that's the case why complain if we went off the cliff and never went back. On another note. About taxes. Obama had said 250k a year or more meant you were rich, republicans then shot out 1 million. Obama came back with 450k, at that point the republicans walked away from the table. It's not Obama who is UN willing to compromise.
Link or it didn't happen.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKzGZj32LYc]All GOP Candidates Would Walk Away From A 10 to 1 Spending Compromise - YouTube[/ame]

Every one of them raised their hands in opposition. The audience cheered. This is the modern day republican party.

Cuts are impossible while the media and American public allow the Democraps to keep spending like drunken sailors.

The GOP just needs to suck it up and blamed the Democraps.

When the markets still crash tomorrow after the bill passes today.....the GOP need to tell the American public the Demcraps don't want to stop driving the car off the cliff and to vote them out in 2014 or else we're doomed.

All but 5 Senate Republicrats voted for it.

Forum List

Back