Senate race is neck and neck; they will decide if anyone gets appointed

JakeStarkey

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2009
RealClearPolitics - 2016 Election Maps - Battle for the Senate 2016

Right now, with no tossups, GOP holds a 51 seat advantage.
  • If HRC win, no liberal nominations.
  • If Donald wins, no conservative nominations because he is a progressive. Roe wills stand forever.
Four of the GOP seats are very, very iffy (NH, MO, NC, and NV), so the Dems need but one if HRC wins.
  • The dems will then set aside all cloture rules, leaving the VP to break a tie. SCOTUS looks communist red by the end of the first term.
  • But if Trump wins, no conservative nominations.
Trump will nominate only middle of the roaders, maybe a liberal or two.

The far right, the socons, and the cultural and racial taboo alt right forget this: Trump is a progressive, always has been.

• Banned
The analysis is clear there will be no appointments like Alito, Thomas, Scalia, etc., in the next term or two.

The FBI "October Surprise" looks like it will have a bigger impact on the Senate races than the Presidency

Several key seats are within a percentage point. It will be critical to see who gets out the vote, that is where the race is won or lost

• Banned
I agree, rw. One of the parties is going to get 49 to 52 seats. The question is, which one.

• Banned
I think Dems will have to work for 50 seats
The keys will be NH and NV

Two weeks ago, Dems could have concentrated on the Senate. Now they have to make sure Clinton wins

NH and NV are the easier of the two, but NC and MO are possible as well.

from the link above

Republican-held seat in Illinois. Verdict: Likely to flip - my opinion blue
Republican-held seat in Wisconsin. Verdict: Leans Democrat - my opinion blue
Republican seat in Pennsylvania. Verdict: Leans Democrat - my opinion blue
Republican-held seat in Indiana. Verdict: Toss-up - my opinion toss up
Republican-held seat in Missouri. Verdict: Toss-up - my opinion toss up
Republican-held seat in North Carolina. Verdict: Toss-up - my opinion toss up
Democratic-held seat in Nevada. Verdict: Toss-up - my opinion blue
Republican seat in New Hampshire. Verdict: Toss-up - my opinion toss up

Republican seat in Florida. Verdict: Leans Republican my opinion red

Dems got it. In the bag!

With the missing emails?

Which missing e-mails? The ones from the CGI or the ones from HRC @ the USSoSO? The ones from JJP or the ones to Donna Brazille? The E-mails from the DNC or the ones from HRC’s gmail account?

You boys went to the well about 50 times too often. In no way is it the same thing but do you know how the attorneys for the LAPD got the officers off in the Rodney King case? They showed the video to the jury about 70 times during the trial. By the time it came to render a verdict; they were numb to what was on the video.

Again, this isn’t the same thing since it is the Trump folks who keep brining stuff up.

And specifically, what is the big “uh oh” that was supposedly uncovered?

I think Dems will have to work for 50 seats
The keys will be NH and NV

Two weeks ago, Dems could have concentrated on the Senate. Now they have to make sure Clinton wins

NV yes.
NH no.

Screen Shot 2016-11-03 at 6.56.28 PM.png

Trump can get by without NH, Clinton can't (I think).

Clinton can get by without NV, Trump can't (I think).

If Clinton takes FL or NC (Hispanics were voting en masse today in both states) or OH, the election is over for Trump by 8PM EDT.

If Clinton takes FL or NC (Hispanics were voting en masse today in both states) or OH, the election is over for Trump by 8PM EDT.

Trump takes them all. Clintons lead in the national polls is too slim considering 1.5% of that support are unnecessary votes she gets from a big win in california. Add in Big spreads in other large blue states and she loses the swing states.

Just start practicing "President Trump"

Trump takes them all. Clintons lead in the national polls is too slim considering 1.5% of that support are unnecessary votes she gets from a big win in california. Add in Big spreads in other large blue states and she loses the swing states. Just start practicing "President Trump"
Both NC and FL are tied last night, according to internal polling from both parties, and are toss ups. She will win PA, NH, VA, WI, MI, MN easily, and that blocks one path to 270 for the red and keeps open the one for the blue. The election if OH and FL and NC go red, will go through CO.

Forum List

Back