Senate passes Wall Street Reform

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
Senate passes sweeping Wall Street reform - Business - Stocks & economy - msnbc.com

WASHINGTON — Congress passed a sweeping overhaul of America's financial regulations Thursday, securing for President Barack Obama his third major, hard-fought legislative victory.

Obama said he will sign the bill next week.

"I'm about to sign Wall Street reform into law, to protect consumers and lay the foundation for a stronger and safer financial system, one that is innovative, creative, competitive and far less prone to panic and collapse," the president said at the White House.

The bill has been Obama's top domestic priority after the passage of health care legislation and his early victory in setting up a nearly $800 billion fund to pump life into an economy hit with the deepest downturn since the Great Depression of the 1930s.

Last edited:
Another 2,500+ page bill that "we'll need to pass to find out what's in it"...Well, we do know that reforming or privatizing Fannie & Freddie isn't in it.

You do realize that Fannie Mae and Freedie Mac were privatized in 1968, and were only placed in Government conservatorship in 2008 after the financial meltdown, don't you?

Yay...more legislation from people who probably don't even know high school level economics!

You're kidding, right?

I mean you don't actually believe what you said, do you?

Or do you mean that you DO know High School level economics and since the Democrats don't go by what you learned in H.S., you think that they don't even know economics to that level?

I think that the Dems are a bit beyond you when it comes to economics...and quite a few other things.

Another 2,500+ page bill that "we'll need to pass to find out what's in it"...Well, we do know that reforming or privatizing Fannie & Freddie isn't in it.

You do realize that Fannie Mae and Freedie Mac were privatized in 1968, and were only placed in Government conservatorship in 2008 after the financial meltdown, don't you?
They're "private" in name only.

Senate passes sweeping Wall Street reform - Business - Stocks & economy - msnbc.com

WASHINGTON — Congress passed a sweeping overhaul of America's financial regulations Thursday, securing for President Barack Obama his third major, hard-fought legislative victory.

Obama said he will sign the bill next week.

"I'm about to sign Wall Street reform into law, to protect consumers and lay the foundation for a stronger and safer financial system, one that is innovative, creative, competitive and far less prone to panic and collapse," the president said at the White House.

The bill has been Obama's top domestic priority after the passage of health care legislation and his early victory in setting up a nearly $800 billion fund to pump life into an economy hit with the deepest downturn since the Great Depression of the 1930s.

The right will say Obama has accomplished nothing and then on another day they will say Obama has signed into law the biggest government efforts in ages.

Obama accomplishes nothing as he accomplishes very big things. The Right Wing Noise Machine is Schizoid

well, lots of these bills have tiered implimentations, or simply aren't relevant until they come full circle Dante'

Yay...more legislation from people who probably don't even know high school level economics!

You're kidding, right?

Or do you mean that you DO know High School level economics and since the Democrats don't go by what you learned in H.S., you think that they don't even know economics to that level?

I think that the Dems are a bit beyond you when it comes to economics...and quite a few other things.
I'd stack him up favorably, insofar as economic knowledge is concerned, against your pick of any three democrat congressweasels.

You're kidding, right?

Let me explain it to you more slllooowwwwlllyyy...

These people are economic ignoramouses, and they're actually trying to govern our country in economic and financial matters...in contrary to the basics of economics.

You're kidding, right?

I've seen no evidence whatsoever that the majority of elected "representatives" understand economics.

You're kidding, right?

No he is not kidding he is dead on. This administration has repeatedly showing they lack even a simply understanding of Economics, that or they simply do not care about the corrosive effects of their polices.

Last edited:
well, lots of these bills have tiered implimentations, or simply aren't relevant until they come full circle Dante'

my point is the right screams about how Obama is changing the US all while claiming he isn't accomplishing anything.

they cover all bases with scatter shot bullshit. it is obvious that as of now, the right has no coherent message

You're kidding, right?

I've seen no evidence whatsoever that the majority of elected "representatives" understand economics.

well just look at the forkin' math Taz....

6af313d18929d24ef0e1f9d51ce56273.png

my point is the right screams about how Obama is changing the US all while claiming he isn't accomplishing anything.

they cover all bases with scatter shot bullshit. it is obvious that as of now, the right has no coherent message

point taken Dante', but then the 'left' is really not much different, at least imho

and yanno, niether faction seems to be able to look up, down, back, or forwards

rather distressing if you ask me.....

I heard a few things that are in this bill today.

YOU won't BELIEVE it.

I hope it hits the stupid people who voted for this administration the hardest by it.

Real Conservative Republicans need to take back their party and stop letting Neocons run roughshod over them.

Forum List

Back