Senate passes stimulus bill

Over the next several days, we are going to learn more about it. Especially the pork in it.

Obama stated there were no earmarks? WRONG: Apparently--we will be paying billions spent on some kind of train or rail from Las Vegas, Nevada that goes to Orange county, California--to (Disneyland). For those of you who do not know--by car--that is a 4 to 5 hour drive. Our great senate leader Democrat Harry Reid of course, is the senator out of Nevada--whose district is Las Vegas, Nevada. (Now this is not for people who live in inner cities for mass transportation.) People who work in Las Vegas live in Las Vegas & visa-versa. This is nothing more than a tourist attraction--for people living in our around Orange county, CA to make a choice to take a train or make a 4-5 hour drive to get to Las Vegas to put some coins in those Senator Rieds slots.

The democrats on this one are on a very slippery slope. I doubt too many who voted for this bill, against the will of their constituents--which were rivaling more than 100 to 1 against this bill--are going to be sleeping well over the next coming months. If this doesn't work, their odds of winning re-election are zero to none.

Already the republican party has thrown up millions of dollars for someone to run against Spector, one of only 3 Republicans in the entire house & senate to vote for this bill. I imagine those 3 Republicans are not only going to be sleeping well, but the nightmares will be torture.

Last edited:

Over the next several days, we are going to learn more about it. Especially the pork in it.

Obama stated there were no earmarks? WRONG:

The democrats on this one are on a very slippery slope. I doubt too many who voted for this bill, against the will of their constituents--which were rivaling more than 100 to 1 against thie bill--are going to be sleeping well over the next coming months.

I'm looking forward to 2010.

The democrats on this one are on a very slippery slope. I doubt too many who voted for this bill, against the will of their constituents--which were rivaling more than 100 to 1 against thie bill--are going to be sleeping well over the next coming months.

yup, me too
i knew it wouldnt take the dems long before they would make people wish for the conservatives to be in charge
i just hope the GOP doesnt blow it yet again

I am so glad they passed this bill.

500,000 Americans are losing their jobs each month.

Last edited:

yup, me too
i knew it wouldnt take the dems long before they would make people wish for the conservatives to be in charge
i just hope the GOP doesnt blow it yet again

They won't blow it. How long before Pelosi is no longer Speaker? I mean before the dems force her to step down?

Praise Jesus!

NOT a single one of the liberals has explained how it was DISASTER for Bush to spend money we did not have but it is a blessing that Obama is going to spend 3 TIMES more then Bush with money we do not have.

And none of it will help as the bill is loaded down with democratic pork for its supporters.

And this bill will do nothing to save those jobs.

Every congressman who has been interviewed has admitted to not having read the stimulus, and yet they passed it. The fact you support this tells me how fucking stupid you are.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

And this bill will do nothing to save those jobs.

Every congressman who has been interviewed has admitted to not having read the stimulus, and yet they passed it. The fact you support this tells me how fucking stupid you are.

kirky lewinsky stupid? NAH!

where is your proof to back that up?

btw, i wont hold my breath waiting for it

You might find this informative then

Employment Situation Summary

In the last two months of 2008

Nov 2008 - 597,000 lost jobs
Dec 2008 - 577,000 lost jobs

Jan 2009?

Looks to me it's going to come in at nearly 600,000 lost jobs. (these numbers will be revised FYI...they always are)

THE EMPLOYMENT SITUATION: JANUARY 2009

Nonfarm payroll employment fell sharply in January (-598,000) and the unemployment rate rose from 7.2 to 7.6 percent, the Bureau of Labor Statistics of the U.S. Department of Labor reported today. Payroll employment has declined by 3.6 million since the start of the recession in December 2007; about one- half of this decline occurred in the past 3 months.

In January, job losses were large and widespread across nearly all major industry sectors.

source

Any way you look at it, the employment picture in the USA is pretty bleak.

Bleaker still is the fact that the rate of newly unemployed seems to be accelerating month by month.

3.6 million newly unemployed in the last 13 months? Ouch!

I am sympathetic to those of you who believe that the market will correct this situation eventually. I don't doubt the economy would change...eventually, either.

But you must realize that having that many unemployed, and seeing the rate of newly unemployed still growing, makes DOING NOTHING politically untenable, right?

It's all well and good for those of you who are comfortable above the economic fray to suggest that we do nothing.

But for those millions of American families fearful of losing EVERYTHING in this debacle that your SUPPLY SIDER ECONOMIC theories has brought us, that probably isn't such a good political plan.

Some of you scions here who claim to be so wealthy, but who complain that you've lost a fortune, are still going to be living indoors and eating regularly, right?

That is NOT what is happening for millions of Americans, right now, so they cannot be as sanguine and so philosophically calm about letting the market correct (eventually...but when?) as you seem to be.

So...

if this growing unemployment continues, and you happen to be very well off? I'd strongly advise you scions to maintain a very low profile.

Because some Americans are not amused to see you scions still doing so well when they themselves now have NOTHING LEFT TO LOSE.

You get my drift, kiddies?

Just a word to the wise...your form of capitalism depends on the majority of people accepting that game works for them, too.

When enough of those people for whom many of you have expressed nothing but contempt start looking around for somebody to share their pain with?

People like you (the well off but not the super well off) are going to be their targets.

Your guns will NOT protect you, neither will your gated communities.

The unemployed have guns too, remember?

Incidently...what is the number one crime against wealth in nations where there is EXTREME poverty?

Take a look at crime in South America for the answer.

Huge social inequity leads to serious criminal behavior, folks.

And the USA is looking more and more like BananAmerica every day.

Last edited:
500,000 Americans are losing their jobs every month, and you think the 600,000 a month this monstrosity will produce is going to be an improvement do you Chris? Again the only thing this bill will stimulate is the gag reflex of most Americans.

500,000 Americans are losing their jobs every month, and you think the 600,000 a month this monstrosity will produce is going to be an improvement do you Chris? Again the only thing this bill will stimulate is the gag reflex of most Americans.

It's an improvement for Chris because a democrat is in charge. chris is in favor of the tax cuts because OBAMA is cutting the taxes.

He won't cut anyone's actual taxes. If you are actually paying any taxes beyond social securtiy and Medicare, You'll still be paying them. Oh except for that 13 bucks a week starting in June, which you are going to get if you draw a pay check. Oh and if you are in the current 10% tax bracket you will be in the New 15% tax bracket after the Bush tax cuts are allowed to lapse. Some one please explain to me again why it was a tax cut for the rich when the lowest bracket got a 30% tax cut and the upper tax bracket got a 3% tax cut?

Bush spent money giving tax breaks to folks that had no need of them. He spent money on wars based on lies. He spent money on over 31,000 earmarks, now that is real pork. Even when caught in the economic debacle created by Republican free market ideology, Bush's emergency package put no rules on the people that created this debacle.

Obama promised change, and he is delivering it. We know what happens when a market situation like this is let run it's course. The working poor starve, the middle class loses all that they have worked for, and the wealthy see a few less zeros in their portfolios, then buy up everything for pennys on the dollar at the depth of the depression.

As Editec pointed out, not this time, fellows. The very instrument that we are using to communicate with gives all the facts of the situation. One way or another, this will not run the ussual course.

Bush spent money giving tax breaks to folks that had no need of them. He spent money on wars based on lies. He spent money on over 31,000 earmarks, now that is real pork. Even when caught in the economic debacle created by Republican free market ideology, Bush's emergency package put no rules on the people that created this debacle.

Obama promised change, and he is delivering it. We know what happens when a market situation like this is let run it's course. The working poor starve, the middle class loses all that they have worked for, and the wealthy see a few less zeros in their portfolios, then buy up everything for pennys on the dollar at the depth of the depression.

As Editec pointed out, not this time, fellows. The very instrument that we are using to communicate with gives all the facts of the situation. One way or another, this will not run the ussual course.

Although it was commendable that you were able to jam so many of the left's talking points into one short rant, I'd like to concentrate on the Stimulus Bill, which you have, via some tortuous logic, connected to change.

I did not vote for President Obama, but I hope that this bill does what is promised. In fact, I hope that he is so successful that I am compelled to vote for him in four years.

But I must question why the promise to put the bill on the net before it was voted on, was broken.

Why couldn't another week, with full disclosure and debate be invested in fulfilling the "transparency" promise?

Why couldn't your side simply list those aspects which will create jobs, and total how many jobs?

It seems to me that the discussion must have been along the lines of " we can pay back our alllies, grow government, push the direction way to the left, and the dummies will never remember in four years."

It seems that the rush was to race before the economy began the inevitable turnaround, as the usual recession lasts 11 months, and then claim success.

Your response?

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

where is your proof to back that up?

btw, i wont hold my breath waiting for it

The wobbly U.S. economy shed 598,000 jobs in January, extending a downward spiral of 500,000-plus monthly losses that began in November, according to federal data released Friday.

The loss was the largest monthly decline since 1974, according to data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics. The unemployment rate jumped to 7.6 percent in January, a 16-year high. That compares with 7.2 percent for December and 4.9 percent a year ago.

Economy sheds half million more jobs -- Newsday.com

Forum List

Back