Senate-Passed Deal Means Higher Tax on 77% of Households

Antares

A Rooincarnation
Nov 7, 2012
Omaha
The budget deal passed by the U.S. Senate today would raise taxes on 77.1 percent of U.S. households, mostly because of the expiration of a payroll tax cut, according to preliminary estimates from the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center in Washington.

More than 80 percent of households with incomes between $50,000 and $200,000 would pay higher taxes. Among the households facing higher taxes, the average increase would be $1,635, the policy center said

Senate-Passed Deal Means Higher Tax on 77% of Households - Bloomberg

May I be the very first to say I told you so.

What part of "its either taxes or borrowed" don't you understand??? Thats why I like the cliff & sequestration, and/or Simpson-Bowles, and/or "the one cent solution".

• Banned
I am certain your question makes sense to you, but to me...not so much.

Your OP and most of the pols I see on TV today whine about raising taxes, like when the "fiscal cliff" happens. What they seem to forget is that we must pay for the spending, either thru taxes, or by borrowing. IMHO paying via taxes is preferred, since they then understand that we have limited resources.

• Banned
Spending needs to be cut....that is a concept beyond anyone on the Left....oh yes, and your President stressed that ONLY the Wealthiest 2% would have to pay more.

But see, Bmmy lies every time he opens his mouth ;)

Your OP and most of the pols I see on TV today whine about raising taxes, like when the "fiscal cliff" happens. What they seem to forget is that we must pay for the spending, either thru taxes, or by borrowing. IMHO paying via taxes is preferred, since they then understand that we have limited resources.

How about we don't spend more than we take in?

The facts on the payroll tax are as follows:

Over the course of the Obama presidency, barring any future increase after the expiration, the average American will have paid less in payroll taxes than he would have had nothing been done at any point with the payroll tax.

A net decrease in the amount of a tax one pays over any period of time is a tax cut, not a tax hike.

It's math.

Of course people who think the earth is 6000 years old are not inclined to understand simple math.

Poor Carb...

If a household is going to pay more from forthcoming paychecks their taxes are going up...

Simple math.

You are simply weak minded and need to defend the Prez at all costs...

The facts on the payroll tax are as follows:

Over the course of the Obama presidency, barring any future increase after the expiration, the average American will have paid less in payroll taxes than he would have had nothing been done at any point with the payroll tax.

A net decrease in the amount of a tax one pays over any period of time is a tax cut, not a tax hike.

It's math.

Of course people who think the earth is 6000 years old are not inclined to understand simple math.

Oh yes....and wait til we see how much the ACA is going to cost us.

Forum List

Back