Senate panel moves to cut off Cheney's funding

Well good, you do realize that the Vice President DOES have legislative and Executive powers? This does not help you, except in Bizarro world.

Why the hell does it matter that the Vice President happens to be the President of the Senate since that is largely a ceremonial function. If he has both legislative and Executive functions I am sure he would be so happy to head on down to Congress to explain to them his reasons for not complying with the Executive Order. Wait! I forget, he isn't just a legislative agency anymore then is just an executive agency and therefore the executive rules don't apply anymore then do the legislative rules. Oh my! I forgot about that one. :cuckoo: So which body does King Cheney answer to? Is he a legislative agency who must respond to legislative subpoenas and testify before legislative committees. If Congress decides to give him an assignment will Mr. Cheney accept that assignment because he is a legislative officer or will he start pontificating about how he is an executive agency. I think Congress could solve this problem really easy and send the GAO over to his fucking office and demand to see the documents and say: AS A LEGISLATIVE AGENCY YOU WILL ALLOW THE GAO TO REVIEW YOUR CLASSIFICATION PROCEDURES. Of course Dicky will claim to be an Executive Agency then.

It's an absolutely bizarre and duplicitous claim. On one hand he says he's not of the executive branch (even though the vice presidency is created as part of the executive branch) so he's not subject to scrutiny under mandates applying to the executive branch. On the other hand, he says he's not part of the legislative branch, so he doesn't have to answer to congress.

Methinks he doesn't like people knowing what he's doing... :rolleyes:

Now let us be reasonable here. We all know Dicky's Office isn't an Executive Agency anymore then it is a Congressional Office therefore he answers to no one except himself and his good buddy Georgie and his dear wife Laurie. I can't help myself and I have to make light of how stupid the Vice President's Office is being since it is obvious he is claiming that he answers to no one and is accountable to no one other then himself or the President and only then when it suits him to do so.

You are completely disingenuous. We had this discussion earlier in the thread and I provided cites to numerous sources.

* There was the May 2006 statement by Cheney's spokesperson to the Chicago Tribune.

*There were the two letters from the National Archives to both Cheney and Alberto Gonzalez detailing the disagreement between the parties, and restating the OVP's position that it was an an executive office. [I actually provided you with a link to pdfs of the actual documents]

Cheney did eventually fall back on the claim that his office was an agency, but only in late June after the media picked up the story. And this 1) doesn't negate an earlier claim that his office is not an executive office; and 2) is completely and utterly baseless in light of the wording of the executive order [to which, I also provided a link].

For your information, Cheney has even pretty much abandoned the claim that he is not an agency under the order, and is saying that the intent of the order was always to include his office within that of the Office of the President, whether the order actually says this or not.

This is the second or third time in the last few days where I have seen you continue to make claims or deny the claims of others, irrespective of what sources they provide you, or what sources you appear unable to provide. It is very frustrating, and robs you of the opportunity to be taken seriously. I hope that you will stop.

None of those say what you claim they say, well none that actually have any quotes or actual statements from Cheney's representative anyway.... All we have is seondary claims to what was said and when quoted accurately those secondary claims state his representatives said his office was NOT an Agency per the order and that he had legislative as well as executive functions. But do keep claiming otherwise.

Interesting story, BUT no actual source document. I am still waiting for the actual source , a video, a letter, a memo, I might even accept a DIRECT quote from Cheney from a reputable source.

Just shut the fuck up you retarded piece of shit because your stupidity is getting really old. The proof has been given you fucking idiot and the fact that your retarded ass won't accept it does not mean that it isn't proof.

Just shut the fuck up you retarded piece of shit because your stupidity is getting really old. The proof has been given you fucking idiot and the fact that your retarded ass won't accept it does not mean that it isn't proof.

Do us a favor, and practice what you preach

None of those say what you claim they say, well none that actually have any quotes or actual statements from Cheney's representative anyway.... All we have is seondary claims to what was said and when quoted accurately those secondary claims state his representatives said his office was NOT an Agency per the order and that he had legislative as well as executive functions. But do keep claiming otherwise.

You don't want to accept the source and that is your fucking problem but do not think for a minute that your retarded assertion that no source has been provided is accepted by anyone other then someone as retarded as you.

You are completely disingenuous. We had this discussion earlier in the thread and I provided cites to numerous sources.

* There was the May 2006 statement by Cheney's spokesperson to the Chicago Tribune.

*There were the two letters from the National Archives to both Cheney and Alberto Gonzalez detailing the disagreement between the parties, and restating the OVP's position that it was an an executive office. [I actually provided you with a link to pdfs of the actual documents]

Cheney did eventually fall back on the claim that his office was an agency, but only in late June after the media picked up the story. And this 1) doesn't negate an earlier claim that his office is not an executive office; and 2) is completely and utterly baseless in light of the wording of the executive order [to which, I also provided a link].

For your information, Cheney has even pretty much abandoned the claim that he is not an agency under the order, and is saying that the intent of the order was always to include his office within that of the Office of the President, whether the order actually says this or not.

This is the second or third time in the last few days where I have seen you continue to make claims or deny the claims of others, irrespective of what sources they provide you, or what sources you appear unable to provide. It is very frustrating, and robs you of the opportunity to be taken seriously. I hope that you will stop.

He isn't going to stop being disingenous because he is a pig and a loser who votes for pigs and losers like him who actually run for office. Some day this pig will run so other pigs like Kathianne will vote for his retarded ass. You haven't seen the half of this retard and the heights of idiocy he can ascend to but what can you expect from a pig.

Forum List

Back