Senate Health Care Bill Dead on Arrival

oooooh Xeno, you're so clever. Well I'm clearly outgunned here.
Its not a matter of being 'outgunned.'

What you did was childish.

So let me assume your position is that Fox is reliable, and MSNBC is biased, therefore your link is valid and my link is not. Sound about right?
You are again assuming.

You need to read a lot more of the posting of the people here before you start claimimg you know them, and no, i won't do your homework for you.

Pointing out that not everyone in news worldwide agrees with one of the more conservative leaning networks, that ther are indeed conflicting reports... childish? Interesting choice of words.

I don't recall claiming I know anyone, not sure wherre you're going with that. I just want to know, do you agree there are conflicting reports, that fox's take on this is not universal?

So let me assume your position is that Fox is reliable, and MSNBC is biased, therefore your link is valid and my link is not. Sound about right?
You are again assuming.

You need to read a lot more of the posting of the people here before you start claimimg you know them, and no, i won't do your homework for you.

Pointing out that not everyone in news worldwide agrees with one of the more conservative leaning networks, that ther are indeed conflicting reports... childish? Interesting choice of words.

I don't recall claiming I know anyone, not sure wherre you're going with that. I just want to know, do you agree there are conflicting reports, that fox's take on this is not universal?

Please show where the contradiction is? Fox analysis said they didnt have the votes. MSNBC only said they were "close." Close can mean anything. But it doesnt mean they have the votes. They don't.

You are again assuming.

The FOX story reflects what is actually the case, the MSNBC story is wishful thinking.

The first is simply a story, the second is routing for the Dems to get votes.

You are again assuming.

The FOX story reflects what is actually the case, the MSNBC story is wishful thinking.

So my original assertion was correct, the one that agrees with what you want to hear is the "actual" story, and the other is biased. Shocking.

So my original assertion was correct, the one that agrees with what you want to hear is the "actual" story, and the other is biased. Shocking.

The opposite of what you just posted is correct.

I am truly hopeful that this stupid Health Care Reform crapola doesn't make it's way to the President's deck for signature into law. However, like a famous person once said, "It ain't over till it's over."

Seems to be a pattern with Cuyo....

Seems to be a pattern with Cuyo....

Ye gods what is it the comedy hour?

Well "Dead on arrival" is some pretty weighty language. Things that are "Dead on arrival" don't stand a chance. In this case, if it is indeed DOA then certainly it won't pass. That said, since the three of you, Xeno, House, and Rabbi, are agreeing with each other, disagreeing with me, and essentially saying that the Fox version of the story is correct and the MSNBC one is wrong, will all three of you publicly acknowledge that you were wrong if and when the bill passes?

Now read carefully, I never said the MSNBC was unbiased. They're both biased. The bill is not dead on arrival and it's not just on the cusp of passing either; As usual, the truth is somewhere in between. Nancy is playing whack-a-mole, can't seem to get a Yea without creating another Nay.

PS Rabbi, you said "The opposite of what you just posted is correct." That would mean either that you want the bill to pass, or that you think the MSNBC post was correct and the Fox was biased.

Very tricky situation.... bad news for Dems if they shove this down the collective Amercan throat... and if they can't, still bad news because it shows they can't deliver even when they have a majority.

As for the Republicans? Good news either way.

xotoxi-albums-pictures-4-picture1434-we-did-it.gif

YAY REPUBLICANS!!!

That whoosh you hear is you not getting it.

Its been clear for some time the bill was dead in the House.

Even Nan knows this, which is why she is trying procedure tricks to avoid a vote, which makes the FOX story accurate.

MSNBC is hoping some dems will change their mind, that isn't journalism, its rah rah nonsense.

Even Nan knows this, which is why she is trying procedure tricks to avoid a vote, which makes the FOX story accurate.

MSNBC is hoping some dems will change their mind, that isn't journalism, its rah rah nonsense.

Mmm-hmm, mmm-hmmmm... Yes, I see.

So, hammering out details, discussion, deal making, and moving things around before the vote, in an attempt to make sure it passes... That's not a part of our political process? Is this phenomenon strictly limited to this current HC legislation?

It is dead.... and so is the Democrat Party.
C'mon man, the democrat party will not be dead as a result of this. The MSM was declaring the republican party dead just a year and a half ago, now look. All it takes is some degree of fuck-uppery from one party for the majority of the country to forget how bad the other party was as well and elect them back in, hoping they've learned a thing or two from being the minority party for the last 4 years or so.

The democrats will lose big in 2010 and will probably lose in 2012 too, but then it's just a matter of time before the republicans fall off their pedestal, clearing the way for the democrats to rise up again. Rinse and repeat.

English is an evolving language. That word should be in the dictionary.

Mmm-hmm, mmm-hmmmm... Yes, I see.

So, hammering out details, discussion, deal making, and moving things around before the vote, in an attempt to make sure it passes... That's not a part of our political process? Is this phenomenon strictly limited to this current HC legislation?

Legislation has developed into this kind of Christmas tree where all things are included andif one thing is sacrificed, the bill collapses.

There is no longer a vote on a particular thing and we are suffering because of it. When a bill is over 2000 pages long, you can bet there's a swindle in process.

So, uh....

...how's that Scott Brown high holding up?
Scott Brown is a senator, and doesn't vote in Congress.

This entire politics thing confuses you, doesn't it.

Oh, get off it already. You know very well that the main reason his election was so heralded was because people thought it meant the healthcare bill was dead.

Now you guys try to pretend otherwise. :lol::lol::lol:

As much as I love you, Xeno, I have to call this out. Scott Brown does vote in Congress, just not in the House of Representatives.

Can we still be friends?

:lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYLsyNBnE5M]YouTube - Cute Animals, "Why Can't We Be Friends"[/ame]

• Thanks
Reactions: Jon

Forum List

Back