Senate health bill will embrace 'public option'

How will the CBO assess the costs if they don't know which states would opt out?

They'll just stir up a great big pot-o-bull!!!
4305-Female-Chef-Stirring-A-Pot-Of-Soup-Clipart.jpg

Reid: Health care bill to include public option - USATODAY.com

WASHINGTON — A Senate health care bill being crafted behind the scenes will include a government-run insurance program that would allow individual states to opt out of it, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said Monday.
The latest iteration of the "public option," which would require state governments to decide by 2014 whether to take part, is intended to soothe opposition to one of the most controversial provisions in the broader effort to revamp the nation's health care system.

"I think it's the fairest way to go," Reid said, adding that he has sent the proposal to the Congressional Budget Office to determine its cost. "It's something I believe all the national polls show a wide majority of Americans" support.

What a SCAM they are running with this one. So the states can "opt out" if they don't want to play Washington's game. And everybody lives happily ever after, right? ROFLMAO That only means the people of those states that choose to "opt out" will end up paying TWICE for their health care insurance and will really get it socked to them. You will still be taxed to fund the government run health care "option" while also paying for private insurance. Oh gee, anyone predicting ANY state is going to opt out?

Are you really going to choose to pay twice for health care insurance? But this corrupt, obscene Congress sure wants to pretend it is OFFERING you more choices. In reality it is the sneaky ass wedge in the door. In the end it will mean YOU have NO choice at all. And in exchange you will have the privilege of paying FAR higher taxes, more than you have ever been hit up with in your life -but forever now- - all so you can enjoy an over burdened system that is far less responsive to YOUR needs. While bureaucrats take over making YOUR health care decisions. We all know we need to destroy our entire system to be able to cover those who CANNOT afford to pay for their own health insurance.

These hypocrite liberals who chanted about it being THEIR body and how government had no right to insist the unborn should not be killed just because a woman found the existence of that child to be inconvenient today and lectured to us all about how this was a "sacred" decision between a woman and her doctor -NOW want to turn over EVERY medical decision to government and take EVERY medical decision out of the hands of the individual and their doctor? Oh please.

WASHINGTON — A Senate health care bill being crafted behind the scenes will include a government-run insurance program that would allow individual states to opt out of it, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said Monday.
The latest iteration of the "public option," which would require state governments to decide by 2014 whether to take part, is intended to soothe opposition to one of the most controversial provisions in the broader effort to revamp the nation's health care system.

"I think it's the fairest way to go," Reid said, adding that he has sent the proposal to the Congressional Budget Office to determine its cost. "It's something I believe all the national polls show a wide majority of Americans" support.

What a SCAM they are running with this one. So the states can "opt out" if they don't want to play Washington's game. And everybody lives happily ever after, right? ROFLMAO That only means the people of those states that choose to "opt out" will end up paying TWICE for their health care insurance and will really get it socked to them. You will still be taxed to fund the government run health care "option" while also paying for private insurance. Oh gee, anyone predicting ANY state is going to opt out?

Are you really going to choose to pay twice for health care insurance? But this corrupt, obscene Congress sure wants to pretend it is OFFERING you more choices. In reality it is the sneaky ass wedge in the door. In the end it will mean YOU have NO choice at all. And in exchange you will have the privilege of paying FAR higher taxes, more than you have ever been hit up with in your life -but forever now- - all so you can enjoy an over burdened system that is far less responsive to YOUR needs. While bureaucrats take over making YOUR health care decisions. We all know we need to destroy our entire system to be able to cover those who CANNOT afford to pay for their own health insurance.

These hypocrite liberals who chanted about it being THEIR body and how government had no right to insist the unborn should not be killed just because a woman found the existence of that child to be inconvenient today and lectured to us all about how this was a "sacred" decision between a woman and her doctor -NOW want to turn over EVERY medical decision to government and take EVERY medical decision out of the hands of the individual and their doctor? Oh please.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Gee, Reid again demonstrating that he doesn't get it.
What a pitiful attempt at a compromise. I suspect he will just piss off both sides.
The bill is dead. The GOP won't vote for it, except for some turncoats like Snowe. And a lot of conservative Dems won't go for it either.
And Reid's career is done come 2010.

I agree Reid is clueless, but I think the got the publica option part right! The GOP isn't needed! They can all vote against it and it can still pass! Heck they can all vote against it and they could still get a fillibuster in the Senate. What they need is the blue-dogs and as I stated before the bluedogs barked before the vote, but they will fall in line like well dogs!

Yet the Phillies beat on your beloved Dodgers. The Pubs are going to let you down as well, Zander. Might as well get ready for it.

For the Dodgers, there's always next year!!! For this legislation, those words are appropriate too! You can always keep trying, but this bill is not passing anytime soon.

Sooner will a camel pass through the eye of a needle than Reid will have 60 votes in the Senate to pass this turd.

He needs 60 votes for a fillibuster and 67 to override a veto (fat chance of a veto)! He needs 51 votes for it to pass! He will get them!

What a pitiful attempt at a compromise. I suspect he will just piss off both sides.
The bill is dead. The GOP won't vote for it, except for some turncoats like Snowe. And a lot of conservative Dems won't go for it either.

I agree Reid is clueless, but I think the got the publica option part right! The GOP isn't needed! They can all vote against it and it can still pass! Heck they can all vote against it and they could still get a fillibuster in the Senate. What they need is the blue-dogs and as I stated before the bluedogs barked before the vote, but they will fall in line like well dogs!

If that were the case then the Baucus bill would have passed out of committee with the public option attached.
The Dums will be smart enough here to know that it is a very small percentage of radicals who want public fiasco and they will strip it out of the bill.
But I doubt anything will get passed.

If that were the case then the Baucus bill would have passed out of committee with the public option attached.
The Dums will be smart enough here to know that it is a very small percentage of radicals who want public fiasco and they will strip it out of the bill.

Don't ever under-estimate the sheep of a party staying in line! Career politicials usually want nothing more then to get reelected. They won't be able to do that when the white house is against you and Pelosi and Reid use outright Bolshevik tactics of strong arming people to get in line!

Don't ever under-estimate the sheep of a party staying in line! Career politicials usually want nothing more then to get reelected. They won't be able to do that when the white house is against you and Pelosi and Reid use outright Bolshevik tactics of strong arming people to get in line!

Bullshit. That's the argument of people who have nothing. Deeds in VA is running away from Obama as fast as he can. The blues got elected in predominantly conservative districts. They cannot go back to their voters and tell them they voted for the most liberal piece of legislation to come down the pike in a long time.

For the Dodgers, there's always next year!!! For this legislation, those words are appropriate too! You can always keep trying, but this bill is not passing anytime soon.

Sooner will a camel pass through the eye of a needle than Reid will have 60 votes in the Senate to pass this turd.

He needs 60 votes for a fillibuster and 67 to override a veto (fat chance of a veto)! He needs 51 votes for it to pass! He will get them!

He will need 60 votes to pass. They are not going to try and attach a 1500 page bill to an appropriations bill despite all the bluster and threats that they will. NOT GONNA HAPPEN.

Every other industrialized nation in the world has national health insurance, and they pay HALF per capita what we pay for healthcare. Why? Because the healthcare lobbbyists gave $3.4 BILLION DOLLARS to members of Congress in the last decade. We are being scammed, my friends, by the insurance companies and the Republicans in the Senate.

It would be cheaper for all of us if the government just built hospitals in every state and staffed them with government doctors.

people without insurance could go stand in line at the free care government hospitals and the rest of us could keep the insurance we want rather than having the government tell us what kind of insurance to buy.

Every other industrialized nation in the world has national health insurance, and they pay HALF per capita what we pay for healthcare. Why? Because the healthcare lobbbyists gave $3.4 BILLION DOLLARS to members of Congress in the last decade. We are being scammed, my friends, by the insurance companies and the Republicans in the Senate.
Repeating idiotic platitudes and pedantically fallacious cause-effect scenarios over and over and over and over again does not make them true.

Repeating idiotic platitudes and pedantically fallacious cause-effect scenarios over and over and over and over again does not make them true.

Crude,

Everything in that post is true.

The rest of the world gets it. Why don't we?

Because our Congress is owned by the lobbyists.

Crude,

Maybe "we" don't want the fucking government meddling in our lives any more than it already does. In fact maybe "we" want the government even less involved in our lives that it already is.

Maybe "we" should demand that the government spend less thereby leaving everyone with more or their own money to keep and then they can buy or not buy the insurance they want.

Maybe "we" should take responsibility for ourselves rather than expecting the government to take care of us from cradle to grave by taking more and more of our income.

Maybe "you" should move to a country with government run health care and high taxes where you would be truly happy.

Crude,

Everything is that post is a platitude and the hallucination of a feeble-minded child, which the continued droning of the "everyone else is doing it" argument clearly demonstrates.

Crude,

Everything is that post is a platitude and the hallucination of a feeble-minded child, which the continued droning of the "everyone else is doing it" argument clearly demonstrates.

Your posts are nothing but crude insults.

Not very convincing.

Every other industrialized nation in the world has national health insurance, and they pay HALF per capita what we pay for healthcare.

Crude,

Your posts are nothing but crude insults.

Not very convincing.

Every other industrialized nation in the world has national health insurance, and they pay HALF per capita what we pay for healthcare.
IBS.gif

Yes and if it does, it's dead on arrival.:lol::lol:

" A government big enough to give you everything you need is big enough to take everything you have." Thomas Jefferson

Last edited:

Forum List

Back