Senate GOP Will Use Reconciliation to Repeal Obamacare

Filibusters and reconciliation- PERFECT for Pubs to stop any progress, keep pandering to greedy rich/corporations, screw the nonrich and the country! The question is, how can you be so STUPID, dupes? Change the channel, ya gd morons...LOL

Filibusters and reconciliation- PERFECT for Pubs to stop any progress, keep pandering to greedy rich/corporations, screw the nonrich and the country! The question is, how can you be so STUPID, dupes? Change the channel, ya gd morons...LOL

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

'Mike Franc, Heritage’s Vice President of Government Studies, explained the details of reconciliation’s applicability thusly:

Now that the individual mandate has acquired the official constitutional status of a “tax”, there is no longer any doubt that the Congress, and more specifically the Senate, can repeal it pursuant to the simple majority vote threshold available under the Budget Act’s reconciliation process. Some Senate insiders were concerned that the reconciliation process would leave too much of Obamacare intact, including the individual mandate. But today’s decision, while alarming in so many other ways, dispels with that concern.

The mandate is now a revenue provision. Therefore, it is germane and not subject to a Senate parliamentary point of order to strike it from a repeal bill. The Senate’s filibuster process that would require a supermajority of 60 Senate votes to approve repeal is now irrelevant.'

Justice Roberts is, indeed, a genius!

While I will be happy the GOP uses any tactic within the rules to rid us of this insanity I have'nt alot to say about anything that comes out of Herritage. They started this ball rolling and now the GOP has to eat it regardless of involvement or not. All in an effort to fight Hillary.....

Just evidence that Progressive Republicans hiding amongst us conservatives can be more dangerous than those on the left at times.

The idea of the Individual Mandate was created as the right-wing answer to universal health care coverage.

Not a "secret plot" by the "progressive republicans".

What part of official Constitutional status as a tax are you not getting?

This will become just another one of the things republicans promise to repeal to get elected and then never actually do so they can scream about it next time.

The mandate is THEIR idea. They won.

Thats what makes this whole argument funny and sad at the same time. The right got EXACTLY what they wanted... the Mandate. AND if anyone hates it...they can blame it on the Democrats. Its the perfect coup.

Thats why republicans beat the Democrats so often. They play the long game. The Dems dont.

While I will be happy the GOP uses any tactic within the rules to rid us of this insanity I have'nt alot to say about anything that comes out of Herritage. They started this ball rolling and now the GOP has to eat it regardless of involvement or not. All in an effort to fight Hillary.....
yep. The mandate originated at Heritage :clap2:

Originated at Heritage, proposed by Dole and implemented by Willard. What do these all have in common?

The idea of the Individual Mandate was created as the right-wing answer to universal health care coverage.

IOW: A smoke screen.

As much of a "smokescreen" as all the hyper-partisan proposals are. Like competing budgets by the Republicans and Democrats, and politicians campaigning on repealing Roe v. Wade or "Gun control".

'Mike Franc, Heritage’s Vice President of Government Studies, explained the details of reconciliation’s applicability thusly:

Now that the individual mandate has acquired the official constitutional status of a “tax”, there is no longer any doubt that the Congress, and more specifically the Senate, can repeal it pursuant to the simple majority vote threshold available under the Budget Act’s reconciliation process. Some Senate insiders were concerned that the reconciliation process would leave too much of Obamacare intact, including the individual mandate. But today’s decision, while alarming in so many other ways, dispels with that concern.

The mandate is now a revenue provision. Therefore, it is germane and not subject to a Senate parliamentary point of order to strike it from a repeal bill. The Senate’s filibuster process that would require a supermajority of 60 Senate votes to approve repeal is now irrelevant.'

Just evidence that Progressive Republicans hiding amongst us conservatives can be more dangerous than those on the left at times.

If you think the Heritage Society is Progressive, then youve lost all touch with reality.

The mandate was once seen as too far RIGHT wing to ever get passed. Then the dumbass Dems took it up and handed the far right the victory they wanted. On a platter.

Better hope Obama has an even bigger turn out than he did in 08.

:badgrin:

But given the number of disenfranchised voters he's created with his broken promise of not raising taxes on the middle class......
:eusa_hand:
do you have insurance already? will you drop it so that you will be charged with a tax penalty?

who in the middle class's taxes are going up? it's the penalty if you do not take out insurance...yes a tax penalty, like me paying taxes late, i would be charged a tax penalty for it....but you don't and won't be taxed for MY CHOICE to refuse insurance....

i am presuming you and i are both middle class in my example....

was romneycare's penalty on those who did not buy insurance ''a tax hike on the middle class'' as well?

why ok for romneycare penalty tax and not obamacare, since it is constitutional according to the SC....?

just wondering ;)

I could be mistaken, but I haven't seen anyone but libs defend Romneycare. If cons defend it, it's usually argued as a state, rather than a Federal issue.

IOW, you're making a false comparison.

What about Mitt Romney and all his supporters?

24% of Americans are against the Individual Mandate
45% are against the entire piece of legislation
_____
= 69% of Americans just (if you can call 3 years ago 'just') had their government act against their wishes.

And you think they're not going to show up at the polls in November?

:eusa_hand:

yep. The mandate originated at Heritage :clap2:

Originated at Heritage, proposed by Dole and implemented by Willard. What do these all have in common?

Nothing.

Willard did it at the state level. All perfectly good and legal (provided the Mass constitution didn't disallow it).

Not the same at the federal level. The duplicity of the democrats in selling this as no tax only to have it saved by calling it a tax is beyond pale.

This president is not only incompetent, he is a liar.

so NONE of the 45% were against the individual mandate? none of the 45% against the healthcare act, were also against the mandate?

See Horty, I think some of the 45% against the affordable health care act, could also be part of that number on those who are against the mandate....no?

Progressive Republicans never tried to keep it a secret, ya rube. They were fucking PROUD of that shit. Conservatives shut it down then, and we're shutting it down now.

Get used to it...

Progressive Republicans never tried to keep it a secret, ya rube. They were fucking PROUD of that shit. Conservatives shut it down then, and we're shutting it down now.

Get used to it...

Well, as of today you guys haven't been able to "shut" anything down. And you're mistaken if you think I'm a supporter of "Obamacare".

But it's not a "left-wing" idea, in any sense of the word.

When will the Senate embark on this endeavor? Before or after the election?

so NONE of the 45% were against the individual mandate? none of the 45% against the healthcare act, were also against the mandate?

See Horty, I think some of the 45% against the affordable health care act, could also be part of that number on those who are against the mandate....no?

There were 3 categories.
I'll admit I'm responding from (failing) memory, but the three poll ansers totaled 100

*edit*
While typing I found the poll

okay so there were 4 categories
:redface:
btn_health_2a.jpg

Forum List

Back