Senate GOP Will Use Reconciliation to Repeal Obamacare

Lol ACA is passed after a 60 vote cloture vote and that's shoving the bill down our throats.

Wing nuts now want it repealed via reconciliation and suddenly what politicians do doesn't matter.

I'm also getting a real kick out of the spin that this getting upheld by SCOTUS is good for the GOP. You guys remind me of a boxer who smiles and pretends he isn't hurt after he just got rocked by a haymaker and is rubber legging it around the ring.

Good luck trying to campaign again ACA with Romney as your standard bearer!
Frankly, I don't care about the GOP. It was a good ruling for the country. At first I was angry and surprised that they didn't throw out the whole law, but unlike you, I read the entire ruling. It does far more than you realize. You're like a kid who's getting drunk for the first time, you're full of happiness...while you're drunk. Then when you wake up the next day and the hangover hits.... Your head is pounding like a drum, you're sweating like a filthy sow, and you realize you've slept all night in a pile of your owns shit and vomit, and you fucked this....thing....
t337932x7882c9.jpg

"I don't care about the GOP"

130 days fuckchops......130 days......:badgrin:

:lol:

You don't care about the GOP like you didn't say Romney was going to win the election to avoid a bet with me even after I pulled a thread you started saying he would.

Are you ready to bet on Romney now?

Siglines for a week.

A week? Fuck that shit. I want you to suffer for longer than a week. From the day after the election until December 31st and you have a bet.

You seem upset. Tissue?
Upset? Not at all. I agree with the SCOTUS ruling and think it is a wonderful win for conservatives. Roberts put the fate of Obamacare into the hands of "We the People", forever ended the "dragooning" of states that refuse to comply with Medicare increases and other federal shenanigans, and forever limited the power of the feds vis-avis the "interstate commerce" clause. As a bonus, that scumbag Eric Holder was found to be in contempt of Congress and Rafael Nadal got his ass kicked by an unknown!! Yes, today was a very good day.

Lol yup you mad.

So tell me, how does your previous "good for the goose" remark fit when ACA wasn't passed via reconciliation?

Oye, you are a slow one.....

The Dems threatened to use reconciliation to pass ObamataxandspendCare.- that is the goose. Now Republicans are threatening to use reconciliation to repeal the clusterfuck - that's the gander.

And you are high if you think the left was "confident" leading up to the mid terms. You may find the stray delusional poster who thought they would be good for the Dems but most, myself included, knew that the GOP was going to win big.

It wasn't until Gibbs said they could lose the house and Byhe (sp?) echoed it that people actually started to consider the possibility.

They didn't see it coming in early 2009. When Gibbs first made his statement he was written off as a sour grapes chicken little.

A week? Fuck that shit. I want you to suffer for longer than a week. From the day after the election until December 31st and you have a bet.

Oh, hell yeah! You're definitely on.

I'm so glad that your epic butthurt made you write that check.

Oh, hell yeah! You're definitely on.

I'm so glad that your epic butthurt made you write that check.
I see you STILL haven't read the ruling....:lol:

Ruling schmuling. Your sigline is going to be mine until the end of the year after the election.

You just bet on Mitt Romney!

:lmao:

Lol ACA is passed after a 60 vote cloture vote and that's shoving the bill down our throats.

Wing nuts now want it repealed via reconciliation and suddenly what politicians do doesn't matter.

I'm also getting a real kick out of the spin that this getting upheld by SCOTUS is good for the GOP. You guys remind me of a boxer who smiles and pretends he isn't hurt after he just got rocked by a haymaker and is rubber legging it around the ring.

Good luck trying to campaign again ACA with Romney as your standard bearer!

I'll assume you are correct on the final version of the bill that became known as ACA however reconciliation was used (among other kickbacks, oops tactics) to get the final bill in place.

Why Romney Won't Repeal Obamacare : The New Yorker

Readers familiar with the congressional debates of 2009-2010 will remember that this procedure allows certain budgetary measures to pass through the Senate with a simple majority. (After Ted Kennedy died and was replaced by the Republican Scott Brown, Obama and congressional Democrats used the reconciliation process to make some final, crucial changes to the health-care law.)

Now that the "it's not a tax" lie has been quashed I can agree with others that it would be somewhat satisfying to see the mandate penalty/tax reduced to zero dollars using reconciliation in it's proper budgetary way. Though the then toothless law would continue to technically exist until it can be killed another way (or until Progressive policy drives us bankrupt).

Honestly, I haven't seen Leftist this confident since October 2010. I think I dimly recall the dominate issue of the time. It's on the tip of my tongue. Ossamadare? Momamacare?

ACA doesn't happen without 60 cloture votes so to try and repeal with via reconciliation and a simple majority would be ultra hypocritical of the GOP and anyone who shrieked that the bill was shoved down their throats.

And you are high if you think the left was "confident" leading up to the mid terms. You may find the stray delusional poster who thought they would be good for the Dems but most, myself included, knew that the GOP was going to win big.

"Obama and congressional Democrats used the reconciliation process to make some final, crucial changes to the health-care law."

Republicans need a Romney win and three Senate seats to use the reconciliation process to make some final, crucial changes to the health-care law. Probably something real Republican-y like, I don't know, say... cutting everyone's fucking taxes. No hypocrisy required.

Oh, I get the tax part loud and clear, and applaud it. That allows us to use an income tax to create a full single payer universal health care system.

This ruling does not permit the federal government to nationalize an industry.

You (actually) believe this ruling puts health-insurance companies under the control o' the Federal Government??

Do you kids learn ANYTHING, in Jr. High??!!!

eusa_doh.gif

Stupid Wannabe Teabaggers!

Given what will happen in November....

Single Payer is not going to happen for a long long long time.

If health-care insurers start jacking-up their rates, unnecessarily (again), we could EASILY see single-payer!!!!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wi1acHg3mhw]BILL MOYERS JOURNAL | Single Payer Health Insurance | PBS - YouTube[/ame]

Not to worry, Teabaggers.

We Progressives can (probably) find the means to fight THAT FIGHT, for your lazy-asses, as well!!!

One o' these days, you've gotta start growin'-the-fuck UP....and, quit being such PUSSIES, around the high-roller$/1%ers!!!!!

eusa_doh.gif

Last edited:
Telling the right’s desire to repeal the ACA, yet mention nothing as to what they’d replace it with.
You replace it with nothing.

It is beyond the power and scope of the Fed to provide health insurance. Tired talking point destroyed # 1,392,921.

Please replace the tape.

Filibusters and reconciliation- PERFECT for Pubs to stop any progress, keep pandering to greedy rich/corporations, screw the nonrich and the country! The question is, how can you be so STUPID, dupes? Change the channel, ya gd morons...LOL

24% of Americans are against the Individual Mandate
45% are against the entire piece of legislation
_____
= 69% of Americans just (if you can call 3 years ago 'just') had their government act against their wishes.

And you think they're not going to show up at the polls in November?

:eusa_hand:

I'm not sure statistics works how you think it works...

futuramafry.jpg

Filibusters and reconciliation- PERFECT for Pubs to stop any progress, keep pandering to greedy rich/corporations, screw the nonrich and the country! The question is, how can you be so STUPID, dupes? Change the channel, ya gd morons...LOL

24% of Americans are against the Individual Mandate
45% are against the entire piece of legislation
_____
= 69% of Americans just (if you can call 3 years ago 'just') had their government act against their wishes.

And you think they're not going to show up at the polls in November?

:eusa_hand:

I'm not sure statistics works how you think it works...

futuramafry.jpg

Greenbeard?

Forum List

Back