Senate GOP to Homeless Vets: "Deal with it!"

Yep, that is what you said, and it's a LIE modbertie, obviously Coburn DID have a problem with voting for it, hence he DIDN'T.

So Bert, we have two possible scenarios here either

A) You're one of those idiots who thinks that Congress has to vote to send troops out every time

or

B) You didn't realize Coburn voted AGAINST the funding

I think you're a lying partisan fuck, but I do not think you're an idiot. So that scratches A from the possibilities and only leaves B , that you didn't realize Coburn voted against the funding and now you're trying to backtrack.

No big deal that you made a misstatement, hell everyone gets their facts wrong on here at times, but it's stupid to keep plowing on like you weren't wrong when you have been proven to be. I will no longer address the issue with you. You're wrong, and once agian too big of a pussy to ever say so.

Fucking pussy.

I'm merely pointing out that I never said Coburn voted for Funding. I merely pointed out that he voted against funding for fiscal reasons, not moral reasons. There is a difference Conhog.

I'm more than willing to admit my error that I didn't know he voted against the funding, however you have to be honest enough to admit that was never my argument in the first place. Now, do you mind manning up on your end and stop derailing this thread with a petty argument that could of been handled in PMs?

Those two sentences are incongruous. You couldn't have possibly originally been making the point that he voted against the funding for fiscal reasons, because you were unaware that he had even voted against the funding.

However, I admit that there is obviously a difference in voting against something because you don't believe in it, and voting against something b/c of monetary reasons. However I will add that as a freshman Senator Coburn was quoted as saying "I will tell you personally that I think it was probably a mistake going to Iraq,"

Read more from this Tulsa World article at Coburn declines to elaborate on Iraq War statement | Tulsa World

But prior to that time he did make statements supporting Bush's decision, so who knows where he stood, but in the end he never voted "for the war" as the article you cited said and as you later repeated.

As for handling this in PM, are you suggesting that when I catch you telling lies or just making honest mistakes that you would prefer I notify you in private?

As for handling this in PM, are you suggesting that when I catch you telling lies or just making honest mistakes that you would prefer I notify you in private?

If you think I made a mistake on such a small thing, I always think of it as better to inform me through PMs rather than have the thread be derailed due to arguments. Remember folks, only you can prevent thread derailments.

$d834smokey-bear-only-you-posters.jpg

so reading between the lines we find the story of a young vet, a woman with two children who was in the Navy who came home from "war" having served this country honorable and finds herself homeless? I have questions? Did she have a job when she left the navy? If she didn't why didn't she stay in the navy? Are we expected now to provide a home for every person who calls themselves a vet? We already do their medical care for life. Now it's a home. what next, a GM//

If you think I made a mistake on such a small thing, I always think of it as better to inform me through PMs rather than have the thread be derailed due to arguments. Remember folks, only you can prevent thread derailments.

View attachment 10741

Now Bert, let's be honest here, if you had caught me making such an error, you would have hammered me mercilessly just as I did to you. :lol: We all do it.

And this was a pretty fundamental error to your OP since Coburn in fact never did vote for he war. For whatever reason the man has voted nay when it's came to a vote. Is it money or is it that he thinks that cutting of funding will force a withdrawal or is it just that at this point he doesn't like Obama? We don't know, but one thing's clear, He's a no on funding these wars, so saying he has no problem voting to send them is incorrect.

so reading between the lines we find the story of a young vet, a woman with two children who was in the Navy who came home from "war" having served this country honorable and finds herself homeless? I have questions? Did she have a job when she left the navy? If she didn't why didn't she stay in the navy? Are we expected now to provide a home for every person who calls themselves a vet? We already do their medical care for life. Now it's a home. what next, a GM//

That's a pretty cold hearted attitude. I don't have much to add except that is cold hearted

That's a pretty cold hearted attitude. I don't have much to add except that is cold hearted

give me a break, this bullshit was posted on to say just that, that the cold hearted evil Republicans won't take care of the vets. Well let me tell ya something. it isn't cold hearted at all. We promise and give vets life long medical care for their service. To just say it's cold hearted is just plain ignorant. What about the funding? It is up to women who decide to have children to figure out how they are going to care for them. Either have a job or stay with the one you have. She was not forced out of the Navy onto the streets was she? Adult people make adult decision. But for Dems it seems adults just expect to be taken care of.

Millions of vets from WW 2, Korea, Vietnam and the Gulf War came home, none of them asked the nanny Dems to provide a home for them. Nay, the vets from WW 2 go up and built this country.

View attachment 10741

good lord, you are the board's biggest whiner

now....

...once again, did every gop member vote against it? simple yes or no will do.

now....

Sorry Yurt, I know you think you got the upperhand with your partisanship this time, but rather it is your own sword you fell on. If Republicans such as yourself want to bring up Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid as presenting the Dems in Congress (I don't like them either by the way) then Mitch McConnell is a representation of Republicans. After all, they wouldn't of elected him as their leader otherwise, no?

Also, learn to read, it was blocked by them you moron. There was no vote.

S. 1237: Homeless Veterans and Other Veterans Health Care Authorities Act of 2010 (GovTrack.us)

$12 per American over the 2010-2015 period to pay for expanding the grant programs for homeless veterans with special needs to include male homeless veterans with minor dependents and to establish a grant program for reintegration of homeless women veterans and homeless veterans with children, and for other purposes.

$12 dollars. I have more than that in my wallet right now.

now....

Sorry Yurt, I know you think you got the upperhand with your partisanship this time, but rather it is your own sword you fell on. If Republicans such as yourself want to bring up Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid as presenting the Dems in Congress (I don't like them either by the way) then Mitch McConnell is a representation of Republicans. After all, they wouldn't of elected him as their leader otherwise, no?

S. 1237: Homeless Veterans and Other Veterans Health Care Authorities Act of 2010 (GovTrack.us)

$12 per American over the 2010-2015 period to pay for expanding the grant programs for homeless veterans with special needs to include male homeless veterans with minor dependents and to establish a grant program for reintegration of homeless women veterans and homeless veterans with children, and for other purposes.

I have a good idea. All the Democrats can pay $24. Then you can whine about Republicans. And don't sell us that every American $12.00 shit. You know about 50% of Americans don't pay Federal Taxes.

I have a good idea. All the Democrats can pay $24. Then you can whine about Republicans. And don't sell us that every American $12.00 shit. You know about 50% of Americans don't pay Federal Taxes.

Don't "sell" you what the bill says? :eusa_eh:

It's okay Willow, I'm no Democrat but I'll pay for you anyway. After all, what's another $12 to the billions if not trillions of dollars that your generation has saddled onto mine? :eusa_whistle:

is every republican against this bill? its says GOP....or is it only the two and of of whom is against ANY bill that adds to the deficit, so in reality, he isn't against it because of vets, rather, his principle regarding deficit, thus making the OP a lie....

OP isn't a lie. Also, Mitch McConnell is the Republican Leader.

Mitch McConnell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

22nd United States Senate Minority Leader
Incumbent
Assumed office
January 3, 2007
Deputy Trent Lott (2007)
Jon Kyl (2007–)
Preceded by Harry Reid

I thought Rush Limbaugh was the leader ? Make up your minds.....

Don't "sell" you what the bill says? :eusa_eh:

It's okay Willow, I'm no Democrat but I'll pay for you anyway. After all, what's another $12 to the billions if not trillions of dollars that your generation has saddled onto mine? :eusa_whistle:

bullshit MODMORN. It said $12 for EVERY AMERICAn. that means children too. and of the ADULT AMERICANS only half of them pay taxes. So if you have the least bit of mathmatical genuis in you you can deduce that the TAXPAERS of AMERICAj will have to ante up a lot more than $12 each. WE don't call you a gullible MORON for nuttin.

now....

thanks for proving you're a liar....

mitch actually said he was in favor of the bill IF it was paid for up front or if they cut unnecessary spending and waste elsewhere...he is merely against it because the government is not being fiscally responsible....he is actually FOR the bill you dishonest hack

you should have read his letter, it would have saved you from this embarrassing partisan hack job

http://big.assets.huffingtonpost.com/coburnletter.pdf

give me a break, this bullshit was posted on to say just that, that the cold hearted evil Republicans won't take care of the vets. Well let me tell ya something. it isn't cold hearted at all. We promise and give vets life long medical care for their service.

No, we don't, Willow.

Only those veterans who have service related disabilities or those who are eligible for medicade or medicare.

And even those llow incpome vets pay a fee on a sliding scale.

Not EVERY vet has free health care

To just say it's cold hearted is just plain ignorant. What about the funding? It is up to women who decide to have children to figure out how they are going to care for them. Either have a job or stay with the one you have. She was not forced out of the Navy onto the streets was she? Adult people make adult decision. But for Dems it seems adults just expect to be taken care of.

No, you do appear coldhearted, Willow.

Seriously, it's like you have no idea what people's lives are like, and worse, you apparently don't really care, either.

This is, of course, only my impression of you based on things you've written.

You come off like a spoiled rich kid whose really doesn't have a clue what people are facing.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back