Senate Energy-Speculation Bill Is Blocked

Fact-esque: Wall Street Circles Wagons to Protect Oil Speculators

Wall Street banks and other large financial institutions have begun putting intense pressure on Congress to hold off on legislation that would curtail their highly profitable trading in oil contracts -- an activity increasingly blamed by lawmakers for driving up prices to record levels.

And you republican sheep are eating the lobbiest line like it was your last meal.

Somehow I think Kirk will use that line less now that T. Boone went before congress and said not only does he support alternatives to oil, but he also supports more domestic drilling. in his words "Anything to get us off foreign oil" :clap2:

Lobbiests are representatives of various groups of the people. I think its a good thing when the people can make contact with their representatives.

and these particular lobbiest are protecting the scum sucking speculators that have been driving up crude prices. I expect there are a lot of GOP congressmen with big vacation packages paid for by these "respresentatives."
Well, the GOP did their jobs! They deserve a vacation on Wall Street.

Spin and perception is what its all about....

You will hear plenty about how the Repubs blocked this bill and how the speculators and R's are the cause of high gas prices....thats the job of the MSM propaganda machine...

What you won't hear is the real reason the R's did not support the bill is because the Democrats in charge will not allow the off-shore drilling question to come to the floor for a simple vote...why...because the Dems will have to vote no and show the American people they won't drill for our own oil to lessen our dependence on foreign imports...

and these particular lobbiest are protecting the scum sucking speculators that have been driving up crude prices. I expect there are a lot of GOP congressmen with big vacation packages paid for by these "respresentatives."
Well, the GOP did their jobs! They deserve a vacation on Wall Street.

Whats driving up the price of crude oil is an energy policy which forces us to rely on foreign oil rather than production of American oil. We have a supply issue. That is creating the speculation. That is exactly why when we talk about increasing supply the speculators drive the price down.

its not freaking difficult to understand.

Whats driving up the price of crude oil is an energy policy which forces us to rely on foreign oil rather than production of American oil. We have a supply issue. That is creating the speculation. That is exactly why when we talk about increasing supply the speculators drive the price down.

Really doesnt matter how many times you say this... its not going to change that fact that youre wrong. Whats difficult to understand is why you cats give two shits about americans paying more for gas.. shouldnt you be investing in exxon and companies the like. If your going to reap the benefits of record earnings, why in hell would you bitch and moan about drilling and whatnot... Could it be that you are finally showing some compassion for your fellow american..

or.. is it just that you are parroting a bush administration talking point that is designed to squeeze a few more oil contracts out of an oil friendly administration...

Really doesnt matter how many times you say this... its not going to change that fact that youre wrong. Whats difficult to understand is why you cats give two shits about americans paying more for gas.. shouldnt you be investing in exxon and companies the like. If your going to reap the benefits of record earnings, why in hell would you bitch and moan about drilling and whatnot... Could it be that you are finally showing some compassion for your fellow american..

or.. is it just that you are parroting a bush administration talking point that is designed to squeeze a few more oil contracts out of an oil friendly administration...

Bush talked about drilling and rescinded an executive order banning offshore drilling. Within an hour the price of crude oil dropped $10 a barrell. Accuse me of being wrong all you want. The facts arent with you.

I care about what Americans pay precisely because Im American and I want the price to come down. I also happen to understand economics and know that when there is more supply, the price comes down. If we make an all out effort to be energy independent by drilling, refining coal, natural gas, solar, Nuclear, wind, non-food ethonol, etc. the price of gas is going to come down because there will be a greater supply of energy and more competition between the power sources. Add creating better technologies along with it and we will have not only energy independence, but we will have low prices for it.

These are facts, you can tell me I'm wrong till Im blue in the face, but we are talking about Capitalism 101 here. It's the only way to decrease the price of gasoline. And we have to do it soon because if we wait too long there will be people who are dying from the associated rise in food and tempature regulation costs. How many people have to die before we have a comprehensive energy policy that works?

The only parrots I hear are the idiots that say, "We can't drill our way out of this problem"....and in the next freekin' breath demand we build fuckin' windmills to solve the problem....it don't get any more asinine or absurd than that....

The only parrots I hear are the idiots that say, "We can't drill our way out of this problem"....and in the next freekin' breath demand we build fuckin' windmills to solve the problem....it don't get any more asinine or absurd than that....
Oh no my friend, but it does my friend.. picture the price of oil skyrocketing while there is a worldwide surplus... My friend, It dont get no more absurd than that... Oh but actually it does.. when the WORST president in our history says jump or drill... you dumb fuckin cats ask how high or how deep... That my friend is the MOAAbsudity...

Alpha want a cracker? Alpha want a cracker? Alpha want a cracker?

Last edited:

I think you're spinning most of the recent discussion about alternatives that's been going on here lately. Most posters, lib and con, have advocated MULTIPLE alternatives to supplement oil.

In fact, I've even been seeing some of our more extreme libs here advocate drilling more.

Calm down.

Yes, the poor Danes. They are so "asinine and absurd."

They already get 20% of their energy from wind power.

bush says he is lifting the ba on off shore drilling, which basically means nothing since Congress holds the keys, and you claim bush was the reason oil started down. Please! Even if the ban was lifted tomorrow it would be 12-15 years before you would see a drop in the market.

The US economy was in the dumper. World markets were on the verge of disaster. The speculators had made their profits and were finished artificially inflating crude prices. But they will be back. It is just a matter of time...

bush says he is lifting the ba on off shore drilling, which basically means nothing since Congress holds the keys, and you claim bush was the reason oil started down. Please! Even if the ban was lifted tomorrow it would be 12-15 years before you would see a drop in the market.
You clearly have no idea how speculative futures markets work!

Oh and it is 4 to 10 years not 12 to 15, seems pretty funny how you guys keep moving that number up.

Besides not matter how much we want to get off of oil, the fact is we will not be off it for 2 or 3 decades, so that argument is just plain dumb. If Clinton had not vetoed drilling in ANWR we would be enjoying an extra 1 million barrels a day right now from that alone. Or about 5% Of all the oil we use each day.

The US economy was in the dumper. World markets were on the verge of disaster. The speculators had made their profits and were finished artificially inflating crude prices. But they will be back. It is just a matter of time...

Let's see, Bush lifted the executive order and within the hour oil dropped $10. But no, nothing Bush did could have possibly driven the price down.

And we would have oil within the year. It be nice if you actually talk to the guys producing the oil rather than the politicians who want to put them out of business when you are looking for facts.

You clearly have no idea how speculative futures markets work!

Oh and it is 4 to 10 years not 12 to 15, seems pretty funny how you guys keep moving that number up.

Besides not matter how much we want to get off of oil, the fact is we will not be off it for 2 or 3 decades, so that argument is just plain dumb. If Clinton had not vetoed drilling in ANWR we would be enjoying an extra 1 million barrels a day right now from that alone. Or about 5% Of all the oil we use each day.

its only 4 to 10 years where we need to build the infrastructure. There are numerous places the infrastructure is already in place. it just needs to be used.

OMG.. THERE IS NOT A PROBLEM WITH SUPPLY...Christ, I cant believe this tread is still alive... HIGH PRICES OF OIL have no relation to current supply... Even the saudis say this --who I might add, I am more apt to beleive than you idiots her or the idiots occupying the whitehouse...

Brain matter... look into using it sometime...

Forum List

Back