Senate Democrats successfully filibuster Keystone

I'm pretty much neutral on the ridiculous political football that is Keystone, but to this I say good. Let Republicans choke on the filibuster for a few months for a change.

• Banned
I'm pretty much neutral on the ridiculous political football that is Keystone, but to this I say good. Let Republicans choke on the filibuster for a few months for a change.

I respectfully disagree. I say that it is time to change the mold. Without the filibuster, then the voters must actually see what the team they voted in is going to pass. And they may very well not like it. I am referring to both parties, now. So, with that in mind, knowing that a filibuster would no longer exist, perhaps our congress-critters would be more judicious and thoughtful in crafting meaningful legislation instead of wasting taxpayer time and money lobbing molotov cocktails at each other.

I was against the filibuster before November and I still am now. There is a reason for presidential veto-power. Filibusterers (I just made a new Bush word!) should not be using veto-power in this way.

Without the filibuster, I bet bottom dollar that we would see considerably more turnover in the Congress from cycle to cycle, and maybe that would be a very good thing.

I"m not against the filibuster but I think people should actually have to stand up there and talk for as long as they can go if your going to do it then do it the way it's supposed to be done.

Or the voters can simply give one party a filibuster-proof majority.

The problem isn't the filibuster, the problem is the voters' desire for divided government.

Democracy is the problem. You turds worship it, but you always complain about the results.

Keystone vote fails in Senate - Elana Schor - POLITICO

The vote to close debate (cloture) was:

53-39, meaning that 8 were either not there or did not vote.

More details at the article.

I am principally against the filibuster and am just as against it now that the GOP has the Senate as I was before November. The filibuster needs to go.

What comes around, goes around.

We should have gotten rid of filibuster when we had the chance....

I respectfully disagree. I say that it is time to change the mold. Without the filibuster, then the voters must actually see what the team they voted in is going to pass. And they may very well not like it. I am referring to both parties, now. So, with that in mind, knowing that a filibuster would no longer exist, perhaps our congress-critters would be more judicious and thoughtful in crafting meaningful legislation instead of wasting taxpayer time and money lobbing molotov cocktails at each other.

I was against the filibuster before November and I still am now. There is a reason for presidential veto-power. Filibusterers (I just made a new Bush word!) should not be using veto-power in this way.

Without the filibuster, I bet bottom dollar that we would see considerably more turnover in the Congress from cycle to cycle, and maybe that would be a very good thing.

:lol:

I like your new word. Too funny.

This is just what the Republicans wanted. It will now be allowed to fester for the 2016 elections.

The height of hypocrisy. No sooner does the session start do the Democrats use the same tactic they denied Republicans when THEY had control. Democrats are pure scum.

Forum List

Back