Senate democrats send letter to the speaker blocking new bill

Obama and the senate have threatened a veto and tabling EVERY bill the house has put forward. How bout these tools but something on the table. Negotiating does not nor has it ever consisted of one side doing ALL the work while the others just sit and say veto veto veto.

All they have offered is words and platitudes and blame. Nothing of substance. Especially Obama. What an epic democratic fail.

Okay in light of your post the other day, how about some balance here..... the white house supported the gang of six bill which was crafted by 3 Republicans and 3 Democratic Senators. It follows the Simpson Bowles plan which was also a bi-partisan effort.

The House had no interest in the Gang of Six plan because it included revenue enhancements. The progressive plan stated at 80% revenue enhancements and 20% cuts. The Republicans started at 0% revenue enhancements and 100% cuts. In supporting the gang of 6 plan Obama moved to about 25% revenue enhancements and 75% cuts. The Republicans are still sitting at 0% Revenue enhancements and 100% cuts...

Who isn't moving?????

Explain to me how this scenario is NOT COMPLETE PARTISAN BS.......

The speaker hasn't even finished fighting with his own house about the bill. Not only that the bill isn't even in final form yet and has yet to be scored by the cbo.
But somehow EVERY senate democrat has signed a letter to the speaker saying they will vote against it. And Obama has vowed to veto it.

The damn bill isn't even completely written yet and this is the response of democrats who claim to want compromise?

News flash, were out of time. The speaker has submitted a 2012 budget, the ccb bill, and tomorrow this bill. Is he now supposed to make another dam bill before democrats submit at least one! After all you guys just blew our last 4 trillion.

Grampa - Remember Boehner said this was a bi-partisan bill. Apparently he wasn't telling the truth and is doing the same thing that the right accused Pelosi of doing.

Sadly we can't ship them both off.

Don't be too sure about that last part. Pelosi says no Dem will vote for it and that sounds like a threat that she will exercise her control over the caucus. We'll probably find out very soon how that vote will go. The senate through Reid says no, no, no (three times no) which I take to mean three more votes than the Reps can muster. We shall see about that too, probably before Wednesday.

Obama and the senate have threatened a veto and tabling EVERY bill the house has put forward. How bout these tools but something on the table. Negotiating does not nor has it ever consisted of one side doing ALL the work while the others just sit and say veto veto veto.

All they have offered is words and platitudes and blame. Nothing of substance. Especially Obama. What an epic democratic fail.

Okay in light of your post the other day, how about some balance here..... the white house supported the gang of six bill which was crafted by 3 Republicans and 3 Democratic Senators. It follows the Simpson Bowles plan which was also a bi-partisan effort.

The House had no interest in the Gang of Six plan because it included revenue enhancements. The progressive plan stated at 80% revenue enhancements and 20% cuts. The Republicans started at 0% revenue enhancements and 100% cuts. In supporting the gang of 6 plan Obama moved to about 25% revenue enhancements and 75% cuts. The Republicans are still sitting at 0% Revenue enhancements and 100% cuts...

Who isn't moving?????

Is that bill in print? I thought it blew up because Obama demanded 400 billion more in revenue? Honestly I'm a bit confused, so many bills, proposals, lies and back n forth I can't keep it all straight.

I did hear the WH today proclaim that republicans were trying to ruin Xmas... Omg, can anyone in this process act like an adult...

The speaker hasn't even finished fighting with his own house about the bill. Not only that the bill isn't even in final form yet and has yet to be scored by the cbo.
But somehow EVERY senate democrat has signed a letter to the speaker saying they will vote against it. And Obama has vowed to veto it.

The damn bill isn't even completely written yet and this is the response of democrats who claim to want compromise?

News flash, were out of time. The speaker has submitted a 2012 budget, the ccb bill, and tomorrow this bill. Is he now supposed to make another dam bill before democrats submit at least one! After all you guys just blew our last 4 trillion.

Give it up, if he's still scrambling, he isn't going down the correct path. His own party hates the bill, if it passes, Harry Reid and the president will hate it.

Boehner is a failure once again. Maybe he'll cry. :(

Because the Democrats are the real 'party of NO'.

NO to compromise with Republicans.

No! the dimocrats are assh0les..

Who isn't moving?????

Is that bill in print? I thought it blew up because Obama demanded 400 billion more in revenue? Honestly I'm a bit confused, so many bills, proposals, lies and back n forth I can't keep it all straight.

I did hear the WH today proclaim that republicans were trying to ruin Xmas... Omg, can anyone in this process act like an adult...

It was basically an outline from the six of them. Most of the Senate was lining up behind it but the House scuttled it because it included revenue enhancements. To be fair getting the entitlement reforms would have been hard on the Democratic side but the moderates on both sides had lined up behind a trade off of revenue enhancements and entitlement reform.

Give it up, if he's still scrambling, he isn't going down the correct path. His own party hates the bill, if it passes, Harry Reid and the president will hate it.

Boehner is a failure once again. Maybe he'll cry.

Boehner stood up in front of the country and talked about his bi-partisan bill. The only thing bi-partisan about the Boehner bill is the opposition to it.:clap2:

Forum List

Back