Senate Democrats Rewrite Obama's Jobs Bil

This is just more political theatre. Obama never expected Republicans in the Senate to actually bring it up for a vote. But Republicans did just to call his bluff. Obama's plan was to submit a worthless piece of paper that he could use the chastise the opposition. When that blew up in his face, Reid stepped in to add an amendment that would assure Republicans would block it. Now Obama can continue chastising the opposition.

:lol::lol::lol: You're actually pretending that Republicans would have voted for the bill without the Democrats' amendments? :lol::lol::lol: :confused:

:lol::lol::lol::lol No, but a lot of democrats wouldn't have voted for it either...That's why McConnel wanted a vote.:lol::lol::lol:

This is just more political theatre. Obama never expected Republicans in the Senate to actually bring it up for a vote. But Republicans did just to call his bluff. Obama's plan was to submit a worthless piece of paper that he could use the chastise the opposition. When that blew up in his face, Reid stepped in to add an amendment that would assure Republicans would block it. Now Obama can continue chastising the opposition.

:lol::lol::lol: You're actually pretending that Republicans would have voted for the bill without the Democrats' amendments? :lol::lol::lol: :confused:

:lol::lol::lol::lol No, but a lot of democrats wouldn't have voted for it either...That's why McConnel wanted a vote.:lol::lol::lol:

Because they wanted to amend it. Which pretty much happens all the time on both sides of the aisle. So, what exactly is your point?

Nothing gets passed in DC without an amendment. You. Are. An. Idiot.
Really? Where is that in the Constitution? Wanna cite that chapter and verse?

(YOU were asleep in history class, weren't you)?:eusa_hand:

Apparently, you're no student of history yourself. Here you go. Have another drink.

"Section. 7. Clause 1: All Bills for raising Revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives; but the Senate may propose or concur with Amendments as on other Bills."
I'm well versed on the Constitution, numbnutz...Far more so than you, obviously.

If the Senate can just mark up bills before they go through the HoR, then why is there even a reconciliation process in the first place?..Why is there a specific provision that all appropriations bills are to originate in the HoR?

Last edited:

Because they wanted to amend it. Which pretty much happens all the time on both sides of the aisle. So, what exactly is your point?

My point is McConnel wanted to force the senate to vote on it, because if the dems voted for the bill, they'd lose favor with their constituents, if the dems vote against the bill, than Obama loses.

Bottom line Obama's bill is dogshit.

OHHH NOOOOO!!!! Senate Dems are doing WHAT?!! Amending a bill?!!!! GOOD GAAAWD who has ever heard of such a devilish thing? Imagine the horror in the minds of voters when they find out that senators want to amend a bill. This will be the end of Obama, for sure.

Your messiah wanted the bill passed NOW, didn't he?

How does next week or the week after, after a few dozen rewrites, count as now, dip-shit?

So much for you ignoring me huh, ROFLMFAO@u..
No one SAID it would get by without an amendment, dick-stain. We said OBAMA WANTED IT PASSED NOW, and Reid is obstructing it, while your savior blames the GOP for his own party fucking with his bill.

You, are such a monumental moron, they have to invent a new word for how completely clueless you really are.

Appropriations bills are supposed to get passed in the HoR before the Senate marks them up, dipshcitt....That's why there's the reconciliation process.

As others have already pointed out in this very thread, amendments to existing bills are the exception. Dumb. Ass.

Geez.. you're not one of those morons who thinks that if the Senate wants to amend a bill before the House votes on it, they do it in the Senate... are you?

Apparently, you're no student of history yourself. Here you go. Have another drink.

"Section. 7. Clause 1: All Bills for raising Revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives; but the Senate may propose or concur with Amendments as on other Bills."

your failed understanding of that paragraph astounds me.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/4231277-post16.html

Obama proposed a bill so bad that not even his own party would vote for it, and he was demanding a quick vote that his own party blocked to have a debate on it. While Republicans pushed to have a straight up or down vote on the bill.

Obama's plan is backfiring on him and it's freaking hilarious to watch.

Obama proposed a bill so bad that not even his own party would vote for it, and he was demanding a quick vote that his own party blocked to have a debate on it. While Republicans pushed to have a straight up or down vote on the bill.

JosefK has the mental faculties of a small bovine. Reality is lost on him.

My point is McConnel wanted to force the senate to vote on it, because if the dems voted for the bill, they'd lose favor with their constituents, if the dems vote against the bill, than Obama loses.

It's a re-election prop filled with Tax increases.

Obama ... Pass this bill
Senate Pubs ... Vote on this bill
Senate Dem ... Ummmm ... Wait, what? The Pubs were supposed to complain, that's not in the script ... TIME OUT

If the Dems vote for the bill it's political suicide, if the vote against it, Obama looks a fool as his own party hangs him out to dry

Obama ... Pass this bill
Senate Dem ... Ummmm ... Wait, what? The Pubs were supposed to complain, that's not in the script ... TIME OUT

If the Dems vote for the bill it's political suicide, if the vote against it, Obama looks a fool as his own party hangs him out to dry
The latter being the preferred course?

Obama ... Pass this bill

quite possibly the most insightful and accurate post of the day. kudos.

I'm well versed on the Constitution, numbnutz...Far more so than you, obviously.

If the Senate can just mark up bills before they go through the HoR, then why is there even a reconciliation process in the first place?..Why is there a specific provision that all appropriations bills are to originate in the HoR?

I don't know. Why don't you take it up with the SC and get them to prohibit the Senate from adding amendments to this bill. Good luck.

So your opinion of McConnell's intent and your inability to fathom the idea that senators routinely amend bills means that Obama's bill sucks? Interesting. :lol::lol::lol:

Your messiah wanted the bill passed NOW, didn't he?

How does next week or the week after, after a few dozen rewrites, count as now, dip-shit?

No one SAID it would get by without an amendment, dick-stain. We said OBAMA WANTED IT PASSED NOW, and Reid is obstructing it, while your savior blames the GOP for his own party fucking with his bill.

You, are such a monumental moron, they have to invent a new word for how completely clueless you really are.

Since you are so obsessed with me that you continue to address posts to me even though you know that I have you on ignore, I have decided to take you off of ignore. You're so fucking stupid that I would be doing myself a disservice not to see your ridiculous posts - especially since a lot of them are addressed to me.

Now, on to your latest bout of retardedness - Reid is blocking the bill? :lol::lol::lol: Jesus, you are a fucking moron. Reid and Senate Dems decided to amend the bill to their liking. It happens on pretty much every piece of legislation in Congress. I know you're brain-dead, but even your dumb ass should be able to wrap your head aroun....uh....actually, never mind. You're clueless. Carry on.:lol::lol::lol:

Appropriations bills are supposed to get passed in the HoR before the Senate marks them up, dipshcitt....That's why there's the reconciliation process.

As others have already pointed out in this very thread, amendments to existing bills are the exception. Dumb. Ass.

Geez.. you're not one of those morons who thinks that if the Senate wants to amend a bill before the House votes on it, they do it in the Senate... are you?

Where else would the Senate amend a bill besides the Senate? :lol::lol::lol:

Says the guy who thinks the Senate can't amend a bill before it goes to the House. Moron, you are.

Since you are so obsessed with me that you continue to address posts to me even though you know that I have you on ignore, I have decided to take you off of ignore. You're so fucking stupid that I would be doing myself a disservice not to see your ridiculous posts - especially since a lot of them are addressed to me.

Now, on to your latest bout of retardedness - Reid is blocking the bill? :lol::lol::lol: Jesus, you are a fucking moron. Reid and Senate Dems decided to amend the bill to their liking. It happens on pretty much every piece of legislation in Congress. I know you're brain-dead, but even your dumb ass should be able to wrap your head aroun....uh....actually, never mind. You're clueless. Carry on.:lol::lol::lol:

you'd not know that unless you had already taken me off ignore, butt-munch :rofl:

your utter lack of understanding regarding how bills that originate in the House are amended is staggering.

Last edited:

Says the guy who thinks the Senate can't amend a bill before it goes to the House. Moron, you are.

Show me where I said that asshat.

Appropriations bills MUST, by law, originate in the HOUSE. Since this was a re-write (you claim by amendment) by DEFINITION it went to the HOUSE FIRST.

PUTZ.

Forum List

Back