Senate Democrats Rewrite Obama's Jobs Bil

Conservative

Type 40
Jul 1, 2011
Pennsylvania
now we know why the Dems have been stalling...

Senate Democrats Rewrite Obama's Jobs Bill - ABC News

Senate Democrats are rewriting portions of President Barack Obama's jobs bill to include a new 5 percent tax on income above $1 million

The new tax would replace tax increases sought by the president. Obama's plan called for raising taxes by limiting itemized deductions — including those for charitable donations and mortgage interest — for individuals making more than $200,000 and married couples making more than $250,000.

Reid said the millionaire's tax would cover the entire cost of Obama's jobs bill — about $450 billion over the next decade.
So much for Obama and his 'shared sacrifice' rhetoric, huh. What he means is 'shared sacrifice, as long as some people share more of the sacrifice'.

Whatever happened to appropriations bills starting in the HoR?

That's a good question. Or the way you should have worded it is; appropriations bills don't have to start in the House but bills to raise revenue are supposed to.

Anyone have an answer as to why that doesn't apply here? A non-sarcastic one, please. I'm genuinely curious.

That's a good question. Or the way you should have worded it is; appropriations bills don't have to start in the House but bills to raise revenue are supposed to.

Anyone have an answer as to why that doesn't apply here? A non-sarcastic one, please. I'm genuinely curious.

Just a guess, but I would assume it's because the House has refused to even talk about anything that raises revenue. Let alone have a bill voted that contains as much.

It doesn't apply because nobody seems to give a flying fuck as to what's in the Constitution anymore....At least insofar as to how it is supposed to restrain central authoritarian despots.

That's your serious answer.

Last edited:
But...but didn't Barry say to just pass the damn thing? No changing or just taking parts of it. Pass it as is, no questions asked I seem to recall. Boy, are these Dimocrats cruisin' for a bruisin' from the guy in the Big Chair.

Just a guess, but I would assume it's because the House has refused to even talk about anything that raises revenue. Let alone have a bill voted that contains as much.
Tough shit, Buckwheat...Elections have consequences.

Good.... a great many of us are tired of raise taxes $1, raise spending $100 bullshit.

It's a load of crap... there is no revenue problem... if you confiscated every dime held by the evil wealthy you might net $980,000,000,000. PERIOD.

Last edited:

Yes they do have consequences. And one of those is that the people elected have to do their job!

By the way, from the Constitution ...

"Section. 7. Clause 1: All Bills for raising Revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives; but the Senate may propose or concur with Amendments as on other Bills."

An appropriations bill IS supposed to start in the House, but I believe the Senate can do CRs and amendments to existing legislation as a way to get around that. I'm not clear on exactly how they (Senate) are doing this, since we're in FY2012 as of 1 October and we don't have a budget passed for FY2012 yet. If they did they could amend that with this, so I'm thinking they are amending something else. Smoke and mirrors, and political maneuvering by both sides. Otherwise known as bullshit by the rest of us. No wonder these guys have an approval rating in single digits.

It's kind of weird that Barry would tell his fellow democrats to get a jobs Bill passed he would sign anything, then tell the republicans that the Bill is, "As Is", no changes. :confused:
Does barry speak with "forked tongue"?:eek:

It's kind of weird that Barry would tell his fellow democrats to get a jobs Bill passed he would sign anything, then tell the republicans that the Bill is, "As Is", no changes. :confused:

Barry is a giant snake. The guy is going on 3 years nearly of 9 percent unemployment, even after he said that it wouldn't get above 8 in early 2009.

Last edited:

so fuck the rules, right?

Barry can't tell the truth...he's allergic to it.

Yes they do have consequences. And one of those is that the people elected have to do their job!

"Section. 7. Clause 1: All Bills for raising Revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives; but the Senate may propose or concur with Amendments as on other Bills."

you DO realize that doesn't mean they do it in the Senate, by rewriting a bill... right? Tell me you realize that it means the Senate can 'propose' or 'concur' with amendments to the House bill, in the House.

Barry can't tell the truth...he's allergic to it.

It's called "Truthdoesn'tmatter Syndrome"...

It has afflicted a few USMB board memebers as well...

Wasn't this the bill that had to be signed NOW, NOW, NOW??

No debate not changes, as is and NOW??

Guess OL'Harry didn't hear the speech or is he ignoring the great one??

Will wait to see if he can get his Dems to pass it.

After all its the Reps who are holding up the show.

l_31048e89c56148348a51403a83d6e652.jpg

Seemingly ... :eusa_drool:

you DO realize that doesn't mean they do it in the Senate, by rewriting a bill... right? Tell me you realize that it means the Senate can 'propose' or 'concur' with amendments to the House bill, in the House.

Don't you understand affirmative action?

Forum List

Back