Senate Candidate wrote underage sex scenes

Indeed, we do agree. But do you not see the hypocrisy and arrogance you ascribe to the Democrats within the highest ranks of the GOP as well?

It seems that the powerful within all parties have developed an arrogance which can only be described as hubris, forgetting that they serve at the sufferance of the people...Not their campaign contributors. I will vote for anyone willing to buck this trend, regardless of their party affiliation. And I have often done so, voting across party lines as I saw appropriate.

There is plenty of hypocricy to go around! There are Republicans I detest as much, if not more than the run of the mill Dem!

I do believe that most of the politicians in office today are completely out of touch with the average American; both parties look to special interest groups, minorities and extremists to guide their party platform. All our politicians come from elitist backgrounds (though they try to spin it otherwise) or stand as props for some one of the above mentioned groups. Those in office today on both sides of the aisle are more concerned with their own wealth and power than they are about the welfare and security of this country.

We need a third party that is more centered, not beholding to any special group or minority. Only from a centrist position is compromise (and even progress) possible.

Indeed, we do agree. But do you not see the hypocrisy and arrogance you ascribe to the Democrats within the highest ranks of the GOP as well?

It seems that the powerful within all parties have developed an arrogance which can only be described as hubris, forgetting that they serve at the sufferance of the people...Not their campaign contributors. I will vote for anyone willing to buck this trend, regardless of their party affiliation. And I have often done so, voting across party lines as I saw appropriate.
funny, why don't you tell that to 'ol Teddy K?

The difference between the Republicans and DemocRats is the fact that we kick out or fire those who have committed crimes, and let the courts do their job.

You guys give standing ovations to sex offenders, let pergerors keep their jobs, and drunken murderers get off with a slap on the wrist and also keep their government job (and get re-elected)...

Your side coddles and sympathizes criminals...our side convicts them.

– Lost Soldiers: “A shirtless man walked toward them along a mud pathway. His muscles were young and hard, but his face was devastated with wrinkles. His eyes were so red that they appeared to be burned by fire. A naked boy ran happily toward him from a little plot of dirt. The man grabbed his young son in his arms, turned him upside down, and put the boy’s penis in his mouth.”

Bantam Books, NY, 1st Edition, 2001, (hard cover), page 333.
Quote is from para. 10,.Chap. 34.

That is spectacularly sick.

Webb descriped a scene he saw in a Bangkok slum, and there are countless anthropologists out there who would back him up. Anyone who knows next to anything about Asia, especially Asian cultures, would recognize this as an accurate description of certain practices.

The reason the Allen campaign released this is because they are desperate, because their candidate has run what is widely considered among most Republican insiders the worst re-election campaign, and now Webb has a good chance of beating him on election day.

Everyone from John McCain to George Will blurbed the books Webb wrote, and millions of Americans have read them and obviously weren't that bothered by it to start protests years ago when they were written.

This is partisan stupidity at its height, worse even than the NAACP & Harold Ford's supporters screaming racism over that stupid GOP ad.

Anthropologists maintain that "the incest taboo is the very foundation of culture"140 and that "the taboo on incest within the immediate family is one of the few known cultural universals."141 The culturally-approved sexual use of children, therefore, must be renamed wherever it is found as something other than incest. Ford and Beach's widely-cited Patterns of Sexual Behavior makes this false distinction clear: incest, they say, "excludes instances in which mothers or fathers are permitted to masturbate or in some other sexual manner to stimulate their very young children,"142 then going on to call incest rare. The authoritative Growing Up: A Cross-Cultural Encyclopedia covers 87 cultures in which it says there is no incest, just adults playing with, stroking, masturbating and sucking their baby's genitals: "Truk adults play with an infant's genitals...In China, Manchu mothers tickle the genitals of their little daughters and suck the penis of a small son...in Thailand, a Banoi mother habitually strokes her son's genitals."143 But again this isn't incest. Davenport's cross-cultural study similarly concludes that "Mother-son incest is so rare that it is insignificant and irrelevant [since] genital stimulation as a means of pacifying a child may be regarded as nonsexual..."144 Konker reviews cross-cultural adult-child sexual relations and finds that "the ethnographic record contains many...examples of normative adult/child sexual contact" but said this isn't a problem since experts have found there is "no reason to believe that sexual contact between an adult and child is inherently wrong or harmful."145 Korbin's Child Abuse and Neglect: Cross-Cultural Perspectives likewise finds that mothers masturbating children is widespread in her large sample, but she says it is not incest since the society doesn't call it incest:

In some societies, children's genitals are fondled to amuse and please them, calm them or lull them to sleep...This would not constitute 'abuse' if in that society the behavior was not proscribed and was not for the purposes of adult sexual satisfaction, even if the adult tangentially experienced some degree of pleasure.146
http://www.psychohistory.com/htm/eln07_evolution.html

One of the few statements you make that we agree on. Get ALL the sick, immoral corrupt bastards out of office....Republican AND Democrat!

The problem is, the Dems only see it one way and defend "their" perverts while at the same time trying to crucify the Republicans. More than anything else, the Dems hypocricy and arrogance is what sets me against them.

Exactly.

Webb descriped a scene he saw in a Bangkok slum, and there are countless anthropologists out there who would back him up. Anyone who knows next to anything about Asia, especially Asian cultures, would recognize this as an accurate description of certain practices.

Yeah..My wife is from Laos where she lived until 13, then moved to Bangkok, Thailand which is actually called Krung Thep, Thailand. Your right about one thing. This is known about over there according to her, however she said that this is also why the majority of educated Thais and Laotions think this is why the sex trade is so big there. Which leads to why AIDS is so widespread there. No different than why when kids are molested in America at an early age, they have sex issues when they grow up.

Forum List

Back