Senate Bipartisan Report Confirms that Bush Lied about Iraq

DeadCanDance

May 29, 2007
This should be a big boost to John McCain's effort to secure a third term for George Bush.

The Senate Intelligence Committee finally issued its report on prewar intelligence during build up to the Iraq War -- and in the very nice language of the U.S. Senate -- the report confirms that Bush lied to the American people about the Iraq War:

The Committee’s report cites several conclusions in which the Administration’s public statements were NOT supported by the intelligence. They include:

Statements and implications by the President and Secretary of State suggesting that Iraq and al-Qa’ida had a partnership, or that Iraq had provided al-Qa’ida with weapons training, were not substantiated by the intelligence.

Statements by the President and the Vice President indicating that Saddam Hussein was prepared to give weapons of mass destruction to terrorist groups for attacks against the United States were contradicted by available intelligence information.

Statements by President Bush and Vice President Cheney regarding the postwar situation in Iraq, in terms of the political, security, and economic, did not reflect the concerns and uncertainties expressed in the intelligence products.

Statements by the President and Vice President prior to the October 2002 National Intelligence Estimate regarding Iraq’s chemical weapons production capability and activities did not reflect the intelligence community’s uncertainties as to whether such production was ongoing.

The Secretary of Defense’s statement that the Iraqi government operated underground WMD facilities that were not vulnerable to conventional airstrikes because they were underground and deeply buried was not substantiated by available intelligence information.

The Intelligence Community did not confirm that Muhammad Atta met an Iraqi intelligence officer in Prague in 2001 as the Vice President repeatedly claimed.

Senate Panel Finds Iraq Intelligence Exaggerations - NYTimes.com

Whatever. These senators saw the same intelligence Bush did before the war started and still voted to go to war. This is political whitewashing in an election year to make themselves presentable to the public for election times.

This should be a big boost to John McCain's effort to secure a third term for George Bush.

The Senate Intelligence Committee finally issued its report on prewar intelligence during build up to the Iraq War -- and in the very nice language of the U.S. Senate -- the report confirms that Bush lied to the American people about the Iraq War:

The Committee’s report cites several conclusions in which the Administration’s public statements were NOT supported by the intelligence. They include:

Senate Panel Finds Iraq Intelligence Exaggerations - NYTimes.com

I'm sure a well timed report with partisanship shining on each and every page will probably help him.

It took a fucking Senate report to confirm this?

Jesus.

No it took a Democratic Controlled Senate to rewrite history and facts to confirm this. And it took them 18 months to do it at that. Magically coming out just before an election cycle.

The 2002 NIE is clear. This report is a bald faced lie on its own.

They are Liberals that pretend to be republicans. But then we have been over this before.

Have we?

I wonder... is it the chicken or the egg?

Is it that no RGS-approved Republican would ever criticize the president such, or is it that no Republican that criticized the president as such would meet the criteria of RGS-approval?

Have we?

I wonder... is it the chicken or the egg?

Is it that no RGS-approved Republican would ever criticize the president such, or is it that no Republican that criticized the president as such would meet the criteria of RGS-approval?

Olympia Snow is a Liberal, so is Hagel, you know it, I know it and everyone but their voter base knows it.

Just as a certain Pennsylvanian Senator is a democrat pretending to be a Republican to get elected cycle after Cycle.

You can be dishonest about it and pretend otherwise but the facts are plain and there for all to see.

Remind me what the Dems do to Conservative Members? I can think of two that were run off just short of tarring and feathering them and putting them on a log. One having just a couple years before been the Vice Presidential choice.

so is Hagel, you know it, I know it and everyone but their voter base knows it.

I'm not sure you can accurately depict Hagel as a liberal. He's weak on immigration, but in most other areas he's pretty conservative.

He's more libertarian leaning, but he's got some votes in his record that I simply can't agree with.

His record looks typical of a politician who probably compromises their REAL positions for the sake of votes. So basically, a typical politician. Some votes on some bills seem to directly contradict votes on other bills.

I gotta say though, McCain as the nominee, I'm sitting this one out or voting 3rd party out of principle. If Hagel were the nominee though, I think I just MIGHT pull the lever. And that's a huge MIGHT.

One is of course entitled to their opinion. Olympia Snow and Chuck Hagel disagree with you though.

Hagel, Snow and the Democrats are right on this one? Did you see the earlier posts of all those Democrats stating that Saddam had WMD's and trying to develop nuclear weapons? But it was Bush who misled us.....:eusa_whistle:

Whatever. These senators saw the same intelligence Bush did before the war started and still voted to go to war. This is political whitewashing in an election year to make themselves presentable to the public for election times.

They saw the same intelligence because Bush's admin gave them the phony intel. D'uh.

They saw the same intelligence because Bush's admin gave them the phony intel. D'uh.

Well I guess Bush controlled the intelligence that was given to President Clinton as well, before he was even in office.:eusa_wall:

Provide proof of this claim. Or quit making it. It is ILLEGAL for the President to doctor Intel delivered to Congress. Where is the Impeachment Jilian? Why haven't your liberal buddies provided us with the evidence?

there are 16 US Intel agencies and NONE of them have EVER claimed the 2002 NIE was rigged or dictated to them. I wonder why that is? The CIA has openly attacked this President, yet never made that claim, I wonder why?

Congress receives INDEPENDENT briefs and intel reports. If you do not know that quit claiming you are a smart person and quit claiming you are a Lawyer.

I am FEED UP with this LIE. PUT UP or SHUT UP.

The 2002 NIE's conclusions.

Key Judgments (from October 2002 NIE) - Iraq's Continuing Programs for Weapons

refute that you liar.

puleeze... what a load of BS.

btw, you're stalking my posts again. please stop

Ohh I am hu? By readinf a thread and responding to it, I am stalking? Get a grip, you are not that important "dear" this is as tired as your claim I am a troll. Once again provide proof or admit you are a liar. I will also accept a public admitance that this is JUST your personal opinion.

The NIE is clear.

Forum List

Back