Senate bill seeks to end anonymous internet posting!

Hmm submittred by a Republican.

I thought they were for freedom and libeerty?

:lol: What on Earth ever gave you that idea? The Republicans gave us the DHS, the TSA, the Patriot Act, the NDAA, and so on and so on.

WTF are you talking about?
Dems have done nothing but expand the first 3 and Obama signed NDAA.

:eusa_shhh:

And 42 Tea Party caucus members backed Obama on the Patriot act renewal and strengthening.

"A web site administrator upon request shall remove any comments posted on his or her web site by an anonymous poster unless such anonymous poster agrees to attach his or her name to the post and confirms that his or her IP address, legal name, and home address are accurate. All web site administrators shall have a contact number or e-mail address posted for such removal requests, clearly visible in any sections where comments are posted."
And what is the penalty, if any, should a site administrator fail or refuse to comply?

This seems more toothless feel-good ‘legislation,’ its intent is nonetheless heinous.

Senate bill seeks to end anonymous internet posting!

Could this be the end of anonymous USMB posting?
This is as idiotic a bill as:
Boogers may not be flicked into the wind.
A rooster must step back three hundred feet from any residence if he wishes to crow.
When two trains meet each other at a railroad crossing, each shall come to a full stop, and neither shall proceed until the other has gone.

First of all the Internet is global in nature and enforcing such a law would be impossible.
Secondly, IP addresses are often dynamically assigned and are constantly changing.
Third, it would create huge security problems.
Lastly, it's probably unconstitutional.

Unenforceable laws such as this hurt the legitimacy of the whole legal system, lead to police abuse, and give a false sense of security. Whoever proposed this should have his ass kicked.

Last edited:
First of all the Internet is global in nature and enforcing such a law would be impossible.
Secondly, IP addresses are often dynamically assigned and are constantly changing.
Third, it would create a huge security problems.

It is un-Constitutional if there’s any punitive measure – such as a fine – for failing to comply with the notification provision. Although the government may have an interest in preventing online bullying, there is no evidence this measure would address that problem, given the deficiencies quoted above; without such evidence there’s no way the law would survive the heightened level of judicial review required for a fundamental right.

WTF are you talking about?
Dems have done nothing but expand the first 3 and Obama signed NDAA.

:eusa_shhh:

And 42 Tea Party caucus members backed Obama on the Patriot act renewal and strengthening.

And how many Dems?

:eusa_whistle:

Congress approves extension of expiring Patriot Act provisions
LAW ENFORCEMENT

May 26, 2011|By Tom Cohen, CNN

The vote on the Patriot Act was slowed because of Sen. Rand Paul's amendments, both of which failed.The U.S. House followed the Senate on Thursday in voting to extend three key provisions of the Patriot Act scheduled to expire at midnight, sending the measure to President Barack Obama to be signed into law.

By a 250-153 vote, the Republican-led House agreed to extend the expiring provisions of the law passed after the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.

Paul reached a deal with Senate leaders to allow votes on whether to table two of his amendments. Both amendments failed, and the subsequent Senate vote on the measure to extend the Patriot Act provisions for four years passed easily on a 72-23 vote.

Congress approves extension of expiring Patriot Act provisions - CNN

The Republicans brought the bill to the floor Tuesday under a procedure requiring a two-thirds majority for passage. But with 26 Republicans joining Democrats in opposing the extension of the USA Patriot Act provisions, the vote was 277-148, seven short of what was needed for passage.

Read more: House GOP Botches Vote on Extending Patriot Act Provisions | Fox News

They finally bought off 7 of the only 26 repuiblicans in the house opposing extension of the partiot act to get passage.

You can now kiss someones ass Horty :D

Last edited:
The PA is like an evil monster that refuses to die, no matter how many times it’s killed.

There have been numerous successful lawsuits addressing un-Constitutional provisions of the Act, but Congress side steps those issues by rewriting the legislation, removing the offensive language. But the overall threat to our civil liberties remains.

The Democrats who voted to block the Patriot Act extension were Sens. Max Baucus and Jon Tester of Montana as well as Sens. Mark Begich of Alaska, Jeff Merkley of Oregon. The Republicans who voted with them were Sens. Dean Heller of Nevada, Lisa Murkowski of Alaska and Paul. Also voting no was Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt.

Patriot Act Extension Moves Forward In Senate

3 republicans out of how many in the senate voted not to reup the partiot act?

Tell me again who's ass you are going to kiss?

Third, it would create a huge security problems.

It is un-Constitutional if there’s any punitive measure – such as a fine – for failing to comply with the notification provision. Although the government may have an interest in preventing online bullying, there is no evidence this measure would address that problem, given the deficiencies quoted above; without such evidence there’s no way the law would survive the heightened level of judicial review required for a fundamental right.

"Bullying?"

If I call you an "asshole" would that be bullying?? if some black dude called me a "cracker white boy" would that be bulling?

Censorship of the First Amendment is out of the question.... If you go kill yourself because you were "bullied" then that is your problem - it was your choice.

Back in the day when kids weren't pussies we used to jack the bullies right in the head or jump them..... Now days kids hang themselves because they get picked on.... FUck that - getting picked on is a fact of life...

In what universe do you think your co-workers won't step over your head for a promotion?? wont stab you in the back?? would gladly take your position while you get laid off or fired??

Not to mention talk shit behind your back to make that happen???

Life is life and life is difficult......

You just have to catch the curve balls thrown at you and throw them back.

Last edited:
The Democrats who voted to block the Patriot Act extension were Sens. Max Baucus and Jon Tester of Montana as well as Sens. Mark Begich of Alaska, Jeff Merkley of Oregon. The Republicans who voted with them were Sens. Dean Heller of Nevada, Lisa Murkowski of Alaska and Paul. Also voting no was Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt.

I'm sure Nelson voted for it, and so long as Rubio didn't I don;t have any asses to kiss

I'm sure Nelson voted for it, and so long as Rubio didn't I don;t have any asses to kiss

Careful, Marco might be listening in…
Voted YES on extending the PATRIOT Act's roving wiretaps. (Feb 2011)

Marco Rubio on the Issues

More like Obamafucks "Truth Team" aka propagandists........

Then I have no problem sending him an e-mail climbing his ass about it.

There's nothing 'patriot'ic about it

Gonna kiss Rubio's ass huh?

I'm self-aware enough to know that I was fear-mongered into early support of the PA, but there are less intrusive ways to gather intel.

:cool:

I was against the PA before it passed.
I told yall what would happen and was ridiculed for my efforts by the very ones that are whining about it now.

Just as I said they would....

I told you so somehow just doesn't cut it.

Forum List

Back