Senate bill requires illegal immigrants to leave

-Cp

Sep 23, 2004
Earth
WASHINGTON A bill introduced today in the U-S Senate would give illegal immigrants up to five years to leave -- before they could return and be in a guest worker program.

The sponsors are Senators Jon Kyl of Arizona and John Cornyn of Texas.

The bill faces a July 26th hearing before the Judiciary Committee.

The plan would allow immigrant workers to enter the U-S for two years, followed by a one year break. They could repeat that pattern two more times.

The legislation also increases penalties for employers of undocumented workers and authorizes ten-thousand new agents over five years to investigate employers hiring illegal workers

Immigrants who leave the country within one year would not be fined when applying for re-entry. Those who wait longer to leave would be fined two-thousand dollars for each additional year.

http://www.kpho.com/Global/story.asp?S=3613311&nav=23KuUniS

-Cp said:
WASHINGTON A bill introduced today in the U-S Senate would give illegal immigrants up to five years to leave -- before they could return and be in a guest worker program.

The sponsors are Senators Jon Kyl of Arizona and John Cornyn of Texas.

The bill faces a July 26th hearing before the Judiciary Committee.

The plan would allow immigrant workers to enter the U-S for two years, followed by a one year break. They could repeat that pattern two more times.

The legislation also increases penalties for employers of undocumented workers and authorizes ten-thousand new agents over five years to investigate employers hiring illegal workers

Immigrants who leave the country within one year would not be fined when applying for re-entry. Those who wait longer to leave would be fined two-thousand dollars for each additional year.

http://www.kpho.com/Global/story.asp?S=3613311&nav=23KuUniS

Very good news and great find! I'd rep if I could. I'm with Jeff, close the damn borders to illegals.

Kathianne said:
Very good news and great find! I'd rep if I could. I'm with Jeff, close the damn borders to illegals.
hell close the borders to everyone! we can be self sufficient

Johnney said:
hell close the borders to everyone! we can be self sufficient

If we keep adding to our talent. I'm all for immigration, of the legal sort. Personally I think we should have higher quotas, especially from Eastern Europe. But that's me.

Kathianne said:
If we keep adding to our talent. I'm all for immigration, of the legal sort. Personally I think we should have higher quotas, especially from Eastern Europe. But that's me.
im selfish. dont let anyone in, send the ones here back. but then again im a butthole like that.

"When you wish upon a star".......never happen. Wonder when my amnesty program will take place....its the only way.

OCA said:
"When you wish upon a star".......never happen. Wonder when my amnesty program will take place....its the only way.
OCA, with all due respect, screw amnesty. I mean that in the nicest way! :laugh:

Kathianne said:
OCA, with all due respect, screw amnesty. I mean that in the nicest way! :laugh:

You may not agree but you know its going to happen. Think about it, where is all the money and all the manpower going to come from to roundup all these people? Hell we can't even muster enough force for Iraq. This is just political gamesmanship. I say why not keep the illegals, give them citizenship and ship out all lazy slobs who are on welfare here. At least the illegals work and will add to the tax base.

What is wrong with my proposition? Nothing.

OCA said:
You may not agree but you know its going to happen. Think about it, where is all the money and all the manpower going to come from to roundup all these people? Hell we can't even muster enough force for Iraq. This is just political gamesmanship. I say why not keep the illegals, give them citizenship and ship out all lazy slobs who are on welfare here. At least the illegals work and will add to the tax base.

What is wrong with my proposition? Nothing.

I don't have a problem with 'citizen force' provided the sanctions are in place for nut cases, though that's a chance the illegals take, whether they know it or not.

Not all the illegals work, nor are law abiding, (I mean besides breaking the law just being here), that is wishful thinking.

Kathianne said:
I don't have a problem with 'citizen force' provided the sanctions are in place for nut cases, though that's a chance the illegals take, whether they know it or not.

Not all the illegals work, nor are law abiding, (I mean besides breaking the law just being here), that is wishful thinking.

I am on record here many times saying ship them out also. The fact is that mass deportation is NEVER going to happen.

OCA said:
I am on record here many times saying ship them out also. The fact is that mass deportation is NEVER going to happen.

You're probably correct, but it should!

Kathianne said:
Laws were passed, one would assume for a reason. They should be enforced.

Oh puleease! Peopole have been coming across that border for decades! Its just pc now to scapegoat Mexicans and to cite "terrorism" because we are actually afraid to target the real enemy here in America, Arabs.

OCA said:
Oh puleease! Peopole have been coming across that border for decades! Its just pc now to scapegoat Mexicans and to cite "terrorism" because we are actually afraid to target the real enemy here in America, Arabs.
Same rationale as 'we supported Saddam', doesn't make it right.

I will agree to mass deportation, if we can send OCA and cp along with them. :banana2:

Gabriella84 said:
I will agree to mass deportation, if we can send OCA and cp along with them. :banana2:
Gabby, thanks for leaving me out, I don't want to go to Mexico!

This law won’t work until you also pass a law that states that parents of Natural Born Americans that are here illegal, don’t have the right to stay, and must be forced to be treated like other illegal immigrants. These children can come back to this country when they turn 18 and are legally responsible for themselves.

I have known unmarried Russian women that have got pregnant while here legally they can stay. It’s a shame that we have allowed such a loophole in our laws. If the Republican that passed this amendment that grants citizenship to all people born in the US, could foresee how it was going to be abused, and that the future would benefactors would call their decedents raciest, thy would have never passed the XV Amendment.

XV Amendment said:
1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

History: 15th Amendment
The last of the Reconstruction Amendments, the 15th Amendment was designed to close the last loophole in the establishment of civil rights for newly-freed black slaves. It ensured that a person's race, color, or prior history as a slave could not be used to bar that person from voting. Though a noble idea, it had little practical effect for quite some time, as the Southern states found myriad ways to intimidate blacks to keep them from voting. The Congress passed the amendment on February 26, 1869, and it was ratified on February 3, 1870 (342 days).
[/Quate]

Markainion said:
This law won’t work until you also pass a law that states that parents of Natural Born Americans that are here illegal, don’t have the right to stay, and must be forced to be treated like other illegal immigrants. These children can come back to this country when they turn 18 and are legally responsible for themselves.

I have known unmarried Russian women that have got pregnant while here legally they can stay. It’s a shame that we have allowed such a loophole in our laws. If the Republican that passed this amendment that grants citizenship to all people born in the US, could foresee how it was going to be abused, and that the future would benefactors would call their decedents raciest, thy would have never passed the XV Amendment.

XV Amendment said:
1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

History: 15th Amendment
The last of the Reconstruction Amendments, the 15th Amendment was designed to close the last loophole in the establishment of civil rights for newly-freed black slaves. It ensured that a person's race, color, or prior history as a slave could not be used to bar that person from voting. Though a noble idea, it had little practical effect for quite some time, as the Southern states found myriad ways to intimidate blacks to keep them from voting. The Congress passed the amendment on February 26, 1869, and it was ratified on February 3, 1870 (342 days).
[/Quate]

I've read countless cases where the parents were deported, sometimes with the child, sometimes leaving the child with others.

I do agree with you. Time to repeal that amendment. No sense in encouraging that kind of abuse.

Forum List

Back