Senate Bill Requires Gay History In School Curriculum

Oregon? :lol:

Colorado? mehh, okay.

Texas? No spanks.

Moving Out Of California - A state in the rearview mirror - Los Angeles Times

During the last fiscal year, 135,173 more people moved out of California than moved in from other states. Though just a drop in the bucket for a state of 38 million people, the trend remains significant because such declines usually occur when working Californians decide better opportunities lie elsewhere.

"I just gave up," said Grace Bryant, a former Glendora resident who fled to Texas after 18 months without consistent employment as a residential appraiser. "California is too much of a struggle."

Like Bryant, many of those who left California went to Texas, according to truck rental company U-Haul International Inc.; other popular states were Nevada, Arizona and Washington

The article was written back in 2008. I'm in CO and can only speak from personal experience: There SEEMS to be too many Californians living here.

I've also heard of Idaho being over-run with fruits and nuts.

How many, of that tiny, tiny number, lived there temporarily for temp jobs (which Cally is full of), Schooling, looking to make it in Hollywood / Writing and/or art........................Just...one would wonder.
There WAS (still) a lot o' open-land, when they first started showin'-up, in CO (when I first heard the term "Californication")....but, a lot o' them were (also) realtors.

The "math" isn't that hard to figure-out.​

Senate Bill Requires Gay History In School Curriculum.

Fucking Ridiculous !!!

New Technologies, etc.......and the fucking queers monopolize the curriculum !!!

Can only happen in Obamaland.

They're obviously talking about teaching about the gay rights movement in the same way that they may teach about the black rights movement or the womens rights movement.

I would like to ask the OP why he has a problem with this.
It more-than-likely has a negative-impact on more-traditional standards....​

Can you please expand upon that point because I'm not sure that I understand what you are saying. Thanks.​

You know.....basic WHITE!!

klan3.jpg

(A Teabagger could better-explain that, to you.)​

Can I ask why we view separating groups of people when teaching history as a good or necessary thing? I'm not a homophobe but this is stupid.

I prefer, a collective, unified america. Not one that makes a big deal as to what your lifestyle choice is.

Gee, and we wonder why our students rank so poorly in reading, comprehension, math, etc.

If only we had more money to pour down the black hole of education diversity I'm sure we'd have smarter kids all of a sudden.

Gee, and we wonder why our students rank so poorly in reading, comprehension, math, etc.

If only we had more money to pour down the black hole of education diversity I'm sure we'd have smarter kids all of a sudden.

Yep, this is what happens with government run education, just like everything else they touch it turns to shit.

Gay History? lol Adam and Steve?

I mean if they're talking about the history of US legislation regarding gays that wouldn't be a big deal.

However again you wouldn't need to write up a law, this is simply something that would fit into a government class.

Oregon? :lol:

Colorado? mehh, okay.

Texas? No spanks.

Moving Out Of California - A state in the rearview mirror - Los Angeles Times

During the last fiscal year, 135,173 more people moved out of California than moved in from other states. Though just a drop in the bucket for a state of 38 million people, the trend remains significant because such declines usually occur when working Californians decide better opportunities lie elsewhere.

"I just gave up," said Grace Bryant, a former Glendora resident who fled to Texas after 18 months without consistent employment as a residential appraiser. "California is too much of a struggle."

Like Bryant, many of those who left California went to Texas, according to truck rental company U-Haul International Inc.; other popular states were Nevada, Arizona and Washington

The article was written back in 2008. I'm in CO and can only speak from personal experience: There SEEMS to be too many Californians living here.

I've also heard of Idaho being over-run with fruits and nuts.

How many, of that tiny, tiny number, lived there temporarily for temp jobs (which Cally is full of), Schooling, looking to make it in Hollywood / Writing and/or art........................Just...one would wonder.

The LA Times said, "the trend remains significant because such declines usually occur when working Californians decide better opportunities lie elsewhere."

Well, "duh."

I suspect many blondes work at The LA Times.

CaféAuLait;3534280 said:

This FAIR Education Act Bill (SB 48) passed today by a wide margin, 23 to 14. Authored by Senator Mark Leno (D-San Francisco) the Bill will require public school to include gay history in their curriculum. By altering the school’s textbooks, the Bill aims at educating students about diverse people and lifestyles with the ultimate goal of lowering the likelihood of bullying.
Senate Bill Requires Gay History In School Curriculum - News Story - KRCR Redding
Ya' think the part about AIDS will be minimized?

CaféAuLait;3534280 said:

This FAIR Education Act Bill (SB 48) passed today by a wide margin, 23 to 14. Authored by Senator Mark Leno (D-San Francisco) the Bill will require public school to include gay history in their curriculum. By altering the school’s textbooks, the Bill aims at educating students about diverse people and lifestyles with the ultimate goal of lowering the likelihood of bullying.

Senate Bill Requires Gay History In School Curriculum - News Story - KRCR Redding

WTF? ! You have got to be fucking kidding me.

Can I ask why we view separating groups of people when teaching history as a good or necessary thing?

Who proposed that?

Gay history? Seems to trivialize something a gay person accomplished, he/she isn't a gay person, he/she is a person. No need to distinguish, just like there's no need to call someone a hetero person when their sex has no bearing on the discussion.

CaféAuLait;3534280 said:

No.

However, I'd be surprised if everyone with more than a 4th grade education hadn't already been taught about HIV/AIDS

Can I ask why we view separating groups of people when teaching history as a good or necessary thing?

Who proposed that?

Gay history? Seems to trivialize something a gay person accomplished, he/she isn't a gay person, he/she is a person. No need to distinguish, just like there's no need to call someone a hetero person when their sex has no bearing on the discussion.

When people talk about "gay history" they talk about it in the sense of the gay struggle to be accepted like the suffragettes or Martin Luther King.

CaféAuLait;3534280 said:

It was a republicon president, Reagan, who failed to mention AIDS in the beginning of the epidemic.

So what? A State Senate has the right to do whatever the fuck they want. Hell, Texas is going to teach that we were created by other world supernatural beings with talking snakes. If the people of California don't like it, they can damn well vote those out and put some new ones in.

Forum List

Back