Senate approves $15,000 tax credit for homebuyers

gee what do people who bought a house they could afford and didn't refinance until they were upside down in their mortgages get?

Oh yeah, they get to pay for all the people who bought houses they couldn't afford and who refinanced until they were upside down in their mortgages.

sounds like the responsible people get the ass raping again.

Make up your own caption...

george-bush-and-nancy-pelosi.jpg

i like to fuck tax payers up the ass with my strap on. wanna join in?

1) Does nothing about the toxic loans on the books
2) Does not "help" people that are in trouble
3) The housing market has ALREADY been on the rise without the 'stimulus'... up something like 6% in DEC

Obama... redefining clueless

I suppose this might help a bit, but as Oreo noted, not a whole lotta people actually can benefit from a $15,000 tax credit.

Those who can, aren't likely to get 10% of the purchase price since the home's they'll be purchasing will cost far more than $150,000, and those who might be thinking about buying a house costing that much, probably don't pay a whole lot of taxes to begin with.

Still I applaude their effort to revitalize the housing market.

Because until this market finds its bottom, the banks holding toxic real estate backed debt instruments are in economic limbo.

3) The housing market has ALREADY been on the rise without the 'stimulus'... up something like 6% in DEC

Dave? This is what the Republicans crammed into the bill. They've spent weeks whining that the bill is too expensive and they've just made it more expensive.

This isn't something the Feds should be involved in. Local issues such as the State Equalized Value and insurance requirements seem to have far more to do with this issue. Perhaps if the tax credit could be spread over 4 or 5 years to help offset the higher taxes one would have to pay due to the prior idiocy of one's new neighbors this would work. Not likely though, since this is obviously a case of the Feds wanting to appear as if they are on top of the problem, when in reality, they offered nothing of any real value.

Dave? This is what the Republicans crammed into the bill. They've spent weeks whining that the bill is too expensive and they've just made it more expensive.

Ravi.. since when does it matter if it is republicans or dems?? I will speak about something that is wrong, when it is wrong...

Again... to some politicians, it is about pandering, PR, and power...

This does nothing... this is not a turn around...

As stated SO many times... an across the board relief to the individual tax payers in this nation would be best... but they will not do this because it does not pander to certain supporters or it does not give them power over a company or group of companies that they can give or lend the money to

If each and every American CITIZEN would have 2 months without income & SS tax, you WOULD see relief to those in trouble, you would see increased spending by those not in trouble, and businesses would see an increase in business and an influx of capital, and you would probably see an increase in even larger purchases such as cars and houses

Ravi.. since when does it matter if it is republicans or dems?? I will speak about something that is wrong, when it is wrong...

Again... to some politicians, it is about pandering, PR, and power...

This does nothing... this is not a turn around...

As stated SO many times... an across the board relief to the individual tax payers in this nation would be best... but they will not do this because it does not pander to certain supporters or it does not give them power over a company or group of companies that they can give or lend the money to

If each and every American CITIZEN would have 2 months without income & SS tax, you WOULD see relief to those in trouble, you would see increased spending by those not in trouble, and businesses would see an increase in business and an influx of capital, and you would probably see an increase in even larger purchases such as cars and houses
I dunno. Maybe it was your comment "obama...redefining clueless" that made me think you were blaming this bit of legislation on him.

:rolleyes:

i'd like to see your proof that it was done by Republicans
since republicans cant do SHIT in congress without democrat support

Maybe because he is the one stating that if all this stuff is not rammed thru, we are set for a "catastrophe"

He's right in the middle of this SHIT too
dont forget that republicans cant force ANYTHING in congress, ravi is talking out her ass again

I really don't care which representatives (unless it is my representative) that proposed it or helped on it or whatever... I am against it...

So I did not check whether ravi was correct or not

gee what do people who bought a house they could afford and didn't refinance until they were upside down in their mortgages get?

Oh yeah, they get to pay for all the people who bought houses they couldn't afford and who refinanced until they were upside down in their mortgages.

sounds like the responsible people get the ass raping again.
I wonder if every responsible person that bought a house they could afford is just some rich bastard trying to screw the poor people? (yes, that was sarcasm)

Forum List

Back