Sen. Wyden wants Keystone XL to simply abide by American law

So, to recap- Repub House has to demand Transcanada provide frequent reports on where the steel is coming from (India), have to be 100% liable for any spills, and the U.S. taxpayer must be made whole (paid at the going rate) if for-profit companies drill on public lands.

anyone disagree w/ those points?

That Cushing to the Gulf part of Keystone III that's been working now for a year why weren't you and Darryl and Neil out there blocking it?

KzPMN.jpg

Warren has been moving the oil. You should bitch at him.

Gee. Didn't they abide by Keystone I and Keystone II and oh my oh my Cushing to the gulf from Keystone III?

This gets funnier by the day.
are they liable for all tar spill clean-ups? :eusa_whistle:
(snip)
Tar Sands Exempt from Oil Spill Insurance Fund; Taxpayers at Risk
With costs for cleaning up spills so staggeringly high, one might reasonably assume that oil pipeline operators have insurance of some sort to cover costs they cannot afford to pay. And it is true; pipeline operators pay a few cents per barrel into the Oil Spill Liability Trust Fund to defray cleanup costs. And given that dilbit is so much more difficult clean up, since its density causes it to separate and sink in water rather than float on the surface, one might reasonably assume that tar sands pipeline operators would be required to pay a little bit more.

However, one would be wrong. They are, in fact, not required to pay into the fund at all. Thanks to an interpretation of the law creating the liability fund by the Internal Revenue Service, bitumen is exempted because it is not "conventional oil."

Regardless of who pays for it, the notion of cleaning up of an oil spill is essentially delusional

- See more at: Keystone PipeLIES Exposed The Facts on Sticky Leaks Billion Dollar Spills and Dirty Air PR Watch

Stop being a tar sludge shill :talktothehand: This great nation doesn't need foreign companies foisting their toxic sludge down our land without even contributing to the inevitable spill clean-ups

Gee. Didn't they abide by Keystone I and Keystone II and oh my oh my Cushing to the gulf from Keystone III?

This gets funnier by the day.
are they liable for all tar spill clean-ups? :eusa_whistle:
(snip)
Tar Sands Exempt from Oil Spill Insurance Fund; Taxpayers at Risk
With costs for cleaning up spills so staggeringly high, one might reasonably assume that oil pipeline operators have insurance of some sort to cover costs they cannot afford to pay. And it is true; pipeline operators pay a few cents per barrel into the Oil Spill Liability Trust Fund to defray cleanup costs. And given that dilbit is so much more difficult clean up, since its density causes it to separate and sink in water rather than float on the surface, one might reasonably assume that tar sands pipeline operators would be required to pay a little bit more.

However, one would be wrong. They are, in fact, not required to pay into the fund at all. Thanks to an interpretation of the law creating the liability fund by the Internal Revenue Service, bitumen is exempted because it is not "conventional oil."

Regardless of who pays for it, the notion of cleaning up of an oil spill is essentially delusional

- See more at: Keystone PipeLIES Exposed The Facts on Sticky Leaks Billion Dollar Spills and Dirty Air PR Watch

Keystone I and Keystone II and Cushing to the Gulf from Keystone III.

Trans Canada is responsible for clean ups.

Now you still can't stop the crude from coming. You guys are really whacked out Dot thinking you can shut down Canada's energy sector.

By truck and rail baby. It's coming big time. You want it. You got it.

Stop being a tar sludge shill :talktothehand: This great nation doesn't need foreign companies foisting their toxic sludge down our land without even contributing to the inevitable spill clean-ups

Forum List

Back