Sen. Susan Collins hits back at 'mischaracterization and misunderstanding' of impeachment stance

Dosen’t help you either lying about a rape allegation you cannot prove. What it proves is that you are a liar.

Kavenaugh was not being prosecuted
His past was being brought up to determine if he would make an acceptable justice

Republicans ignored his sordid past

Kavanaugh was a scumbag. I believe every witness that was brought against him as well as the others who spoke out. I felt the same way about Clarence Thomas in 1991 (and yes, Joe Biden deserves to be whacked around for how he handled Anita Hill's accusations).

Scumbags don't deserve to sit on the highest court in the land...period.

Scumbag? Kavanaugh is a fucking Boy Scout! You look at his life over the past forty years. If that's a "scumbag" then I'm Mother Theresa! You on the left smeared a good man because you were upset that Hillary lost and Trump was appointing Justices! You ought to be ashamed of yourselves!

You right wingers are the ones still hung up on Hillary. Everybody else has moved on. No one smeared Kavanaugh. Just as no one smeared Clarence Thomas. They were scumbags that preyed on women. They don't deserve to sit on the Supreme Court. End of story. By contrast, do you remember anything close to those types of allegations being leveled against say Samuel Alito or John Roberts?...or dare we go back to William Rhenquist and Antonin Scalia?
You've moved on? I STILL hear idiots on this board claiming that Russia was the reason Trump beat Hillary Clinton! It's obvious that they haven't moved on!

Of course those types of allegations weren't leveled against Alito or Roberts! In the long history of our great nation there has never been a display like what took place during the Kavanaugh hearings! Every single "witness" that the Democrats dug out from under some rock in their attempts to assassinate Brett Kavanaugh's character would have been laughed out of a real court of law. Blasey Ford looked like she was so drugged up that half the time it appeared she didn't know where she was or what she was doing there and she was the BEST of the clown show! The rest were so bad it was embarrassing to watch.

LOL. Apparently you don't remember the Senate hearings into the Supreme Court nomination of Robert Bork. :)
Christine Blasey Ford was completely credible. Hell, even Susan Collins found her credible....and then voted to confirm Kavanaugh. Hence the pickle she finds herself in.

And just a side note, whether any accusation or witnesses would be laughed out of any court of law would depend on the statue of limitations for sexual assault of that particular state.

From watching the GOP talking heads on Sunday shows, its looking like the senate will hear both sides and then acquit.
No witnesses are needed if no crimes are alleged.
The Articles are both DOA, nothingburgers.
The senate trial will likely last less than a week.

Kavenaugh was not being prosecuted
His past was being brought up to determine if he would make an acceptable justice

Republicans ignored his sordid past

Kavanaugh was a scumbag. I believe every witness that was brought against him as well as the others who spoke out. I felt the same way about Clarence Thomas in 1991 (and yes, Joe Biden deserves to be whacked around for how he handled Anita Hill's accusations).

Scumbags don't deserve to sit on the highest court in the land...period.

Scumbag? Kavanaugh is a fucking Boy Scout! You look at his life over the past forty years. If that's a "scumbag" then I'm Mother Theresa! You on the left smeared a good man because you were upset that Hillary lost and Trump was appointing Justices! You ought to be ashamed of yourselves!

You right wingers are the ones still hung up on Hillary. Everybody else has moved on. No one smeared Kavanaugh. Just as no one smeared Clarence Thomas. They were scumbags that preyed on women. They don't deserve to sit on the Supreme Court. End of story. By contrast, do you remember anything close to those types of allegations being leveled against say Samuel Alito or John Roberts?...or dare we go back to William Rhenquist and Antonin Scalia?
You've moved on? I STILL hear idiots on this board claiming that Russia was the reason Trump beat Hillary Clinton! It's obvious that they haven't moved on!

Of course those types of allegations weren't leveled against Alito or Roberts! In the long history of our great nation there has never been a display like what took place during the Kavanaugh hearings! Every single "witness" that the Democrats dug out from under some rock in their attempts to assassinate Brett Kavanaugh's character would have been laughed out of a real court of law. Blasey Ford looked like she was so drugged up that half the time it appeared she didn't know where she was or what she was doing there and she was the BEST of the clown show! The rest were so bad it was embarrassing to watch.

LOL. Apparently you don't remember the Senate hearings into the Supreme Court nomination of Robert Bork. :)
Christine Blasey Ford was completely credible. Hell, even Susan Collins found her credible....and then voted to confirm Kavanaugh. Hence the pickle she finds herself in.

And just a side note, whether any accusation or witnesses would be laughed out of any court of law would depend on the statue of limitations for sexual assault of that particular state.
Any "witness" who's recollections were as full of holes and complete blanks as Christine Blasey Ford's are, Jack...wouldn't even be called to testify by any competent attorney in a real court of law.

As for Susan Collins' tightrope act of pretending to find Blasey Ford "credible"? Remember that this was when the "Me Too" movement was at it's most virulent and politicians were posturing to get on the right side of that which meant Blasey Ford had to handled with kid gloves lest the movement be offended! It was why the GOP brought in a woman to question her in their place. They were all terrified at the possibility that they would be seen as her persecutors. To be quite blunt...I don't think Collins or anyone else found Blasey Ford to be credible! They didn't have the courage however to say so.

Oh my. The poor DeathRATS were counting on her vote to sink the S.S.Trump.....seems that torpedo was a dummy....ROTFLMFAO!

------------

Sen. Susan Collins, R-Maine, released a statement on Thursday to clarify her stance on President Trump's upcoming impeachment trial and claimed her past comments have been taken out of context and misunderstood. "There has been a lot of mischaracterization and misunderstanding about my position on the process the Senate should follow for the impeachment trial," the statement began. "Rather than have my position relayed through the interpretation of others, I wanted to state it directly." Collins, who is considered a moderate, shared her views on how the process should play out and recommended that it mirror former President Bill Clinton's impeachment trial from 1999, to allow for bipartisan input. "That process [from 1999] provided for the opportunity for both sides to state their case and for Senators to ask questions through the Chief Justice," she wrote.

(Excerpt) Read more at foxnews.com ...

Trump has this game won before it started...PDJT’s rallies are doing a lot of things very well, one of the less mentioned is keeping Rep. Senators in line by showing how strong PDJT’s support is, especially in the party, and, collaterally, that undermining him on impeachment will be a personal and political disaster for any GOP Senator who does it. Even Collins seems to be getting the message. But Sssssh.....don't tell the party of INFANTICIDE or we may see some suicides as they realize he had this plan going into the shampeachment!...STABLE GENIUS does it again!!!!...ROTFLMFAO
it's like a kamakazi mission
trumpattackedlollolfskskb.jpg

Oh my. The poor DeathRATS were counting on her vote to sink the S.S.Trump.....seems that torpedo was a dummy....ROTFLMFAO!

------------

Sen. Susan Collins, R-Maine, released a statement on Thursday to clarify her stance on President Trump's upcoming impeachment trial and claimed her past comments have been taken out of context and misunderstood. "There has been a lot of mischaracterization and misunderstanding about my position on the process the Senate should follow for the impeachment trial," the statement began. "Rather than have my position relayed through the interpretation of others, I wanted to state it directly." Collins, who is considered a moderate, shared her views on how the process should play out and recommended that it mirror former President Bill Clinton's impeachment trial from 1999, to allow for bipartisan input. "That process [from 1999] provided for the opportunity for both sides to state their case and for Senators to ask questions through the Chief Justice," she wrote.

(Excerpt) Read more at foxnews.com ...

Trump has this game won before it started...PDJT’s rallies are doing a lot of things very well, one of the less mentioned is keeping Rep. Senators in line by showing how strong PDJT’s support is, especially in the party, and, collaterally, that undermining him on impeachment will be a personal and political disaster for any GOP Senator who does it. Even Collins seems to be getting the message. But Sssssh.....don't tell the party of INFANTICIDE or we may see some suicides as they realize he had this plan going into the shampeachment!...STABLE GENIUS does it again!!!!...ROTFLMFAO

Ah jeez, no Democrat, liberal, or progressive supports or encourages infanticide. Please..just stop. :)

On to Susan. She may be feeling the heat because her senate seat has been ruled "a tossup". She has the highest disapproval rating of any senator...including Moscow Mitch. That's gotta hurt. But she's done it to herself.

Maine’s Susan Collins has highest disapproval rating of any senator in national survey

Nope.....
Most of my family is from Maine. I'm not there anymore. However Collins is a strong fixture in Maine with an exceptionally long, deep and loyal following and will continue to be re-elected every time she runs until she decides to retire.

Jo

Forum List

Back